Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great cornholio said:
When it first started a few months ago we got a memo that called SAT a "minihub" We hubbed out of SAT and flew to about 7 outstations. Day one would work your way to SAT somehow, such as RIC-ORD, ORD-OKC, OKC-SAT. Once you got to SAT days 2 and 3 were spent hubbing out of SAT and spending overnites in such places as COS and ABQ, etc. Day 4 would work your way back to the domicle very simularly to how you made it down to SAT on day 1.

that is what you call out Station flying.

pilotbrain said:
Go jet hasten taken any flying from TSA, and has no plans to do so.( the contract that GJ has is a ten year hub system flying contract with up to 50 CRJ’s, not the same contract)

I had no problem with a combine seniority list but TSA voted NO 3 times, with 2 more chance before that.

Should have voted yes!!! It your fault why TSA doesn’t have the growth and why TSA is furloughing.

PEACE OUT

The pilot group only had 1 chance to vote on the GJ flying. The agreement would have made our pay fall even more below industry average than it is now. Also there was wording in the contract that said that the company would be able to furlough pilots based on the equipment that they were on and not by senority. Since the 41s were leaving and the 145s "dont make enough money anymore" and the CRJ 700s are "where the growth is at" it didnt take rocket science to figure out that this basically gave the GJ guys furlough protected, cause we all know that the CRJ 700 would not be phased out of the company.

pilotbrain said:
that is what you call out Station flying.
OK then how is GJ SAT flying gonna be a hub system?? Cause I dont see how SAT could be called anything else since we flew to it every other leg and went to different outstations. If GJ is gonna base pilots there then it would make SAT a domicile for GJ, not a "hub"

..... ALPA National and TSA MEC, and MANAGEMET all felt that they came up with a great contract for TSA PILOT TO FLY GJ AIRPLANE which would have stapled GJ to the bottom of TSA based on date of hire!.......

Pilotbrain......do you really think that if you change the color of your post it would make your lie true?!

You need to get a new source of info ......

EVERY furlough over at TSA is on your heads.....remember that when your small paycheck comes in the 1st and 15th of every month.......bur I know all of you won't lose a wink of sleep over it.

How do you live with yourselves. Ah well just business right?

great cornholio said:
OK then how is GJ SAT flying gonna be a hub system?? Cause I dont see how SAT could be called anything else since we flew to it every other leg and went to different outstations. If GJ is gonna base pilots there then it would make SAT a domicile for GJ, not a "hub"

Hub system ORD-SAT back to ORD, DEN-SAT back DEN, IAD-SAT-IAD get it,, tul-sat is an out station FLYING.

So you’re telling me that the only time that management offered the flying to TSA was after ALPA nation came to the negotiation table with management. YA OK! And that how GJ end up with some TSA PILOTS over at GJ right. If your going to lie do it so people might believe you.

sould have vote YES

Here's what the TSA MEC says about this issue.....
800-282-ALPA(2572)... option 1, option 1

D.M. TSA MEC Chairman:

"... As per conversation with Capt. WHITE, the cause of these furloughs are a direct result of a loss of SAT flying being performed for our UAL code share partner. It was made very clear to the MEC that this loss of this flying was not a result of transfers to the Go-Jet operation. TSA mngt concluded that the SAT routes were not profitable enough, and therefore decided not to persue serving these routes, causeing us to park 2 EMB-145s over the next couple of months..."

had we voted yes to mgt's 1 and only offer, those pilots would still be on the street. The offer stated that GJ pilots would only be furloughed if GJ lost flying. Voting No is the only choice we had

pilotbrain said:
Hub system ORD-SAT back to ORD, DEN-SAT back DEN, IAD-SAT-IAD get it,, tul-sat is an out station FLYING.

So you’re telling me that the only time that management offered the flying to TSA was after ALPA nation came to the negotiation table with management. YA OK! And that how GJ end up with some TSA PILOTS over at GJ right. If your going to lie do it so people might believe you.

sould have vote YES
Ok so SAT will be an outstation for GJ since you will fly to SAT from the different UA hubs. I would still call SAT a "hub" for the TSA stuff cause we flew to outstations around SAT. Either way thats a moot point.

Im not saying that the TSA management "offered" the flying to TSA only once. I am saying that the pilot group only voted on it once. It was a crap deal and with the furlough wording in it, we still would have TSA pilots on the streets while GJ pilots still flying even if we did vote yes.

You call me a liar, but I would like you to point out where I lied?
You said that the pilot group voted down the GJ flying 3 times, which is untrue as we only voted on it once and only once.

Last edited:
great cornholio said:
Ok so SAT will be an outstation for GJ since you will fly to SAT from the different UA hubs. I would still call SAT a "hub" for the TSA stuff cause we flew to outstations around SAT. Either way thats a moot point.

Im not saying that the TSA management "offered" the flying to TSA only once. I am saying that the pilot group only voted on it once. It was a crap deal and with the furlough wording in it, we still would have TSA pilots on the streets while GJ pilots still flying even if we did vote yes.

You call me a liar, but I would like you to point out where I lied?
You said that the pilot group voted down the GJ flying 3 times, which is untrue as we only voted on it once and only once.

I really don’t know how bad this so called deal was, but it couldn’t have been all that bad since ALPA national and your MEC thought it was a good deal! End of discussion ALPA NATIONAL told you guys/gals to vote YES and you Voted NO! Know you want every airline to back you on something you AT TSA let go. Sorry man Wooo is me.

Should have voted YES

YES would have = GJ stapled to the bottom of TSA seniority list and GJ would have been ALPA not teamsters!

There would be no furloughs going on right now because GJ is still grow like crazy!

Hence it your own fault that your pilot group is being fourloughed.

Sorry but the truth hurts.

Latest resources

Back