Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reelbigfish said:
Have you looked at the lines lately? I would say that the average line is 85, not 90. Are you sure you work for TSA and get to look at our bid packet? The last time I had a line over 85 was over a year ago, and I've got several years seniority here.
Hey realbigfish

I counted the lines for May and 48 lines have over 90 hours in them. July has 38 lines over 90 hours. Thats all the bid packs I have. If you like I could count all the lines over the monthly guarantee. Oh yeah.... they all have over 80 hrs. my mistake.

Figure it out. Hulas will keep TSA to finish out the AX stuff. Once that contract expires, it will probably return to Eagle and then TSA will exist no more. Thanks DM.

Turkey Shoot said:
Figure it out. Hulas will keep TSA to finish out the AX stuff. Once that contract expires, it will probably return to Eagle and then TSA will exist no more. Thanks DM.
I'd like to wait for TSA but this seems too likely. Maybe more furloughes to come.

pilotbrain said:
I really don’t know how bad this so called deal was, but it couldn’t have been all that bad since ALPA national and your MEC thought it was a good deal! End of discussion ALPA NATIONAL told you guys/gals to vote YES and you Voted NO! Know you want every airline to back you on something you AT TSA let go. Sorry man Wooo is me.

Should have voted YES

YES would have = GJ stapled to the bottom of TSA seniority list and GJ would have been ALPA not teamsters!

There would be no furloughs going on right now because GJ is still grow like crazy!

Hence it your own fault that your pilot group is being fourloughed.

Sorry but the truth hurts.

Ok, first you admit you don't know how bad the deal was, then you continue to lecture us on why we should've voted yes. Did you not read the part where he said the proposed contract language would've still caused TSA pilots to be furloughed before GJ pilots? And nobody said it was a good deal, the only thing ALPA said was that it was the best deal we were going to get (that's what happens when management refuses to sit down with the MEC and have a real negotiation). The best crap is still crap. And I know for a fact the MEC tried to negotiate with the company after their proposal was rejected but management refused. That's the kind of management GJ is going to be working with, enjoy!

The truth is we can go on and on about whose fault it is that TSA guys are being furloughed, and nobody's mind is going to change. The reality is that almost all the furloughs are going somewhere else and will be better of for it, yet the GJ pilots will still be stuck with TSH management. I'll take a couple months of unemployment now in exchange for laughing at them in a few years when their honeymoon ends.

flyer172r said:
The reality is that almost all the furloughs are going somewhere else and will be better of for it, yet the GJ pilots will still be stuck with TSH management. I'll take a couple months of unemployment now in exchange for laughing at them in a few years when their honeymoon ends.
I agree completely. It will be a sweet day when Hulas tells you scumbags that the honeymoon is over. I really hope to be gone in a few months and will then happily watch from the sidelines as you reap what you have sown.

BoilerUP said:
So lemme get this straight...

You're not blaming Go Jet pilots for accepting a job at a known alter-ego carrier taking growth and being used to whipsaw TSA pilots, and you're not blaming them after the first furlough, and you're not blaming them now with the annoucement of parking UAL 145s and replacing them with GJ 700s...

...but you *do* blame your own pilot group for picking up opentime and having lines built to 90 hours?

WTF???

If you were serious than you should strike....do it tomorrow...otherwise shut up and do your flying.

flyer172r said:
GJ guys will get what's coming to them in the near future because there's no way HK will ever play nice with a labor group. If you do go to GJ, enjoy not getting block or better while sitting on the taxiway at ORD. And don't be like the one GJ pilot I saw walking through the terminal at ORD with no hat on, ID hidden, and wings pulled off his jacket.

You'd be much better off instructing for a few more months and then trying to go to Chautauqua and getting STL based.

Interesting how this guy keeps talking about gj pilots walking with no hats on...id's hidden and wings pulled off.....than how the hell did he know it was a gj pilot.....just more typical anti gj bs lies. Block or better....just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....united gives us a very liberal block and we dont want block or better because they will then tighten the block.

Last edited:
rsspilot said:
Interesting how this guy keeps talking about gj pilots walking with no hatd on...id's hidden and wings pulled off.....than how the hell did he know it was a gj pilot.....just more typical anti gj bs lies. Block or better....just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....united gives us a very liberal block and we dont want block or better because they will then tighten the block.

Stop that now there will be no facts on this board!! The union says your evil so you must be! They never bend the truth!

pilotbrain said:
WAIT! JUST ONE MINUTE,

Let’s talk about the very first opportunity that TSA had to fly GJ planes, when management offered longevity and same seniority list, why didn’t ALPA and your MEC send every TSA pilot over to GJ side and then vote in ALPA, knowing that your contract was up for negotiation in madder of months. First DUMB MOVE!

Second this final contract that TSA VOTED DOWN that they keep telling everyone that it was such a bad deal, ALPA National and TSA MEC, and MANAGEMET all felt that they came up with a great contract for TSA PILOT TO FLY GJ AIRPLANE which would have stapled GJ to the bottom of TSA based on date of hire!

These furloughs are nobody’s fault but TSA PILOTS!!!!

So are you upset that this negotiation would have put you at the bottom of the seniority list Well didn't you get hired after all of us at TSA? So why do you think your so special that you get to get ahead of everyone on the seniority list? You must be an awesome pilot that you don't need to wait your turn. I am also an exceptional pilot so I should go straight to captain position at UPS, I feel your pain dude!?!?!?!?!

ok, ive been drowning my sorrows for a few hours(if you know what I mean, and if you dont your a ********************ing SNAP), but I have to agree with Turkey Shoot on the thanks DM thing. I am/was only a probie(before I got furloghed), but I have been around the industry my whole life(alot of pilot union stuff from the old man). Our union has, for as long as I can tell(for several years before I came here) been doing nothing but pissing the company off. How can this improve labor relations when the company doesnt even respect the MEC. I will not say the union is the only thing to blame, but they did not help any situations. I know there are alot of TSA pilots that feel this way, but dont have the cahones to say it. OK, im the a-Hole for saying it, but ********************e. I have nothing to lose anyway. If somebody had stepped up two years ago, I would not be furloughed right now. I dont agree with GJ and will still continue to fly the NO GJ sticker and badge backer even while I find a new job and if somebody has a problem with it, FU, I feel that GJ is why I was just furloughed, even if MW says otherwise.

Latest resources

Back