Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
swordfish said:
if you just voted yes

You are the biggest jerk I've seen on this board in a long time.

I did vote YES. Not all pilots at TSA thought the same way, and yes they should have listened to me and everything would be o.k.

BTW, thanks for the Continental deal. I've had my app in there for about 2 years now. could you ask your dad to help me out and have mercy on me since your all powerfull and stuff? I'm sure you have great influence there on what airlines get interviews or not.

All of you g0jet guys need to shut up and just be happy you have jobs.

I might not have one in a while if furloughs keep up, in the mean time, I get a big paycut.

Putting the blame on the TSA pilot group for these furloughs is just wrong and a total lie. This is the product of the TSH management and you all at g0jet will find out soon enough how they deal with people.

Remember that the majority of people affected are innocent hard working people that are either just starting a career or have had a very tough career and are now getting knocked down again by a group of guys like you who are now trying to put the blame on the TSA pilot group. For me this will be my 3rd paycut in less than 5 years. Yes I could have gone to g0jet, not all of us could and that is the sad part. Those that went from TSA really did stab their brothers in the back, it was a horrible thing to do. Most of the guys were captains already and most likely broke even on pay at the very least. This whole thing is stupid and all of you on here trying to defend g0jet and place the blame on US AT TSA are the worst kinds of people on the planet.

By the way, I know a few TSA guys who were hired at CAL in the past month, did they just slip by your dad?

Last edited:
Jumpseated today on US mainline. Right after the introductions they both asked how the G0 Jet issue was going........didn't even need to bring it up :)

After the briefing......they shook their heads and made a few choice comments.

WOW I guess the word IS getting out......surprised I am not.

You will get yours G0 Jet.....if not by the industry then by the very hand that is patting all of you on the back.

rsspilot said:
Interesting how this guy keeps talking about gj pilots walking with no hats on...id's hidden and wings pulled off.....than how the hell did he know it was a gj pilot.....just more typical anti gj bs lies. Block or better....just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....united gives us a very liberal block and we dont want block or better because they will then tighten the block.

Ha-ha.....every pilot I know gets paid AT LEAST the scheduled block time.....MORON......

TSA145 said:
Ha-ha.....every pilot I know gets paid AT LEAST the scheduled block time.....MORON......

Can you even read....did I say that we got less than scheduled? Should've voted yes....your never ending crying proves it.

rsspilot said:
Can you even read....did I say that we got less than scheduled? Should've voted yes....your never ending crying proves it.

just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....

Isn't getting paid for 3:15 (scheduled block time for GJ5676) when it actually took you 2:45 getting paid "block" time?........MORON

Oh my Gosh what a bunch of Pu$$ys.

The UAL LOA was ********************-- 40 planes = 5 crews per plane , ( to be conservative) so thats 10 pilots per plane-- stay with me people.

For every 70 seater, we had to have 5 UAL positions set aside for the UAL furloughees-- 3 of which MUST be on the 70 seater jet-- the others could be anywhere-- but since we're shrinking -- they would end up on the 70 seater anyway. At that time they had what 100 g0jetters.

SO 200 UAL positions plus the 100 G0jetters they already had = 300 positions -- leaving only a meager 100 pilot position opportunities for TSAers at an unpredictable rate for cpt's-- they could simply hire cpt's off the street anbd only hire fo's to keep cost structure down-- dont think TSAH wouldn't do that-- they even said they would-- so you would have as many UAL furloughees flying as 1st year cpt as they could get their hands on.
Loopholes, loopholes, loo

Funny how noone talks of the above scenario...

So to sign a 5 year contract extension for a worst case scenario of 100 "FO" opportunites would be irresponsible to the TSA piot group as a whole.

I voted no then, i would vote no still. TSAer's would still get furloughed before g0jetters--

rsspilot said:
Block or better....just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....united gives us a very liberal block and we dont want block or better because they will then tighten the block.

My goodness are you dumb! No, actually it truly IS amazing how stupid you are. First, you got paid block for getting in early. Wow, big surprise. Do you realize that's how it's done nearly everywhere. Except, most get block or BETTER, so when you get stuck on the ground in IAD or IAH or ORD or LGA or PHL or anywhere where you might unfortunately find yourself as number 40 for takeoff from time to time, with 2+hours on the ground, you are SURE going to love your BLOCK. Those are always the most challenging of flights in many ways, and I sure would like to get compensated if it actually takes me 5 hours to get somewhere.

Aside from that, with respect to you getting in 30 min early (and actually being EXCITED about getting your block pay.... seriously, you've got to be kidding me)

1) you probably could have saved your code share partners some cash by slowing it down a little... I'm sure, with fuel around $3/gal, they would have appreciated it... connections don't hinge on getting places early... just on time, (save for the go home leg after a 4 day trip)

2) winds from the west have certainly been decent these past few days... so big surprise. You got in early. Yay. I can't possibly imagine United is going to continue to be generous with your block, if they actually are now. They often adjust in every contract I've ever seen. If it always actually does take you 30 min less to get somewhere, the block is going to come down. That's just the way it goes.

3) I'm still honestly amazed that you mentioned this. It REALLY makes you come across like the 500 hour pilot that you assuredly are. Come on kid. You can probably barely run an emergency checklist. Don't think you can also intelligently defend the actions of your beloved G0Jets. You're killing me. Read a few books about the history of the airline industry. No... First read your contract carefully. Take copious notes. Then get your hands on a few other contracts (many are public record). Take notes on them and compare. Think about it for a long time. Then recall how G0Jets got its start, by stabbing Trans States in the back. Think about all of that and be proud, kid. Because if you can fool yourself into that, you can fool yourself into enjoying the rest of the shadow of a career you've created for yourself.

Cheers kid. You've got a lot to learn.

Latest resources

Back