Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They never will........until they wonder why their contract is taking so long - maybe they will cross their own picketline......lol

Frequency said:
Excellent one TSA Pilot!! :beer:

Turbosnake, even as an FO they will still get paid by the minute..:laugh: and we wont have to turn our badges backwards.

you still dont get it do you?

ummmm i think i get it.

TSA parking airplanes and 50+ pilots going to the street

GJ has 35 more orders for 700's and hiring 25+ per month for awhile.

and your right, TSA guys will get paid by the minute.. untill they are gone.

i would rather take the job now, and worry about a contract later. Instead of losing eveything now and having to start over at year one with another regional. You guys want to call GJ a career killer. So far the only careers it is affecting is yours. good luck. should have voted YES

Shrek said:
They never will........until they wonder why their contract is taking so long - maybe they will cross their own picketline......lol

It would be the first picketline that got crossed now wouldn't it? we all know TSA never was on strike. They sure want to cry like they were.

ATTCS said:
It is very obvious you haven't been in this industry very long. The phrase 'block or better' means that if you would have blocked 4 hours that you would have been paid 4 hours instead of 3hr 15 min. You don't want that?! I wonder, can you hear everyone laughing at you? Can you hear the laughter?

I have seen GJ folks getting off the plane after the pax hiding their ids. Maybe it was you. If you are a pilot and not management. Also think of this. TSA is your sister company. How TSH treats their contract is how they will treat whatever contract you get. Look at the history of this.

what I said was......we are getting schedule of 245....thus paid on 245...yet the actual block time was 215....parking brake to parking brake....i see 30 mins more pay for flying i didn't do....im sure your schedule shows 245 because you have a very tight schedule versus actual....Im sure that your response will be insults and four letter words....lets hear em.

SUSPilot said:
what a retard. I just looked up some times from a day on one of my United trips earlier in the month (since united flying is what you are taking from us right now causing me to get furloughed). I flew a flight from SYR to IAD blocked at 1:25 due to a ground stop at IAD the actual time was 2:56 and we were paid for 2:56. Later in the day the weather had cleared and we flew from IAD-TYS which was blocked at 1:30. It only took 1:21 and we were paid for 1:30. So for those two legs I was paid 4:26 while once you guys take it over you would have been paid 2:55. That dollar an hour more you make than us looks great doesn't it.

Then you shouldve voted yes.....all must be great in your world so why you so hateful.

TSA Pilot said:
Let me put it in perspective for you sparky. You are only making what? $58 dollars an hour? I make $1.10 A MINUTE.. and my clock doesnt stop until I get to the gate and the door opens!!

Hell, if I block in 4 minutes over scheduled time on a trip blocked at 1 : 00, I just made as much as a 9 year Go-Jet captain.

GET IT NOW?

Then why are you being such a whiney bitch.....I'll tell you why....because you didnt vote yes.

spiffomatic said:
My goodness are you dumb! No, actually it truly IS amazing how stupid you are. First, you got paid block for getting in early. Wow, big surprise. Do you realize that's how it's done nearly everywhere. Except, most get block or BETTER, so when you get stuck on the ground in IAD or IAH or ORD or LGA or PHL or anywhere where you might unfortunately find yourself as number 40 for takeoff from time to time, with 2+hours on the ground, you are SURE going to love your BLOCK. Those are always the most challenging of flights in many ways, and I sure would like to get compensated if it actually takes me 5 hours to get somewhere.

Aside from that, with respect to you getting in 30 min early (and actually being EXCITED about getting your block pay.... seriously, you've got to be kidding me)

1) you probably could have saved your code share partners some cash by slowing it down a little... I'm sure, with fuel around $3/gal, they would have appreciated it... connections don't hinge on getting places early... just on time, (save for the go home leg after a 4 day trip)

2) winds from the west have certainly been decent these past few days... so big surprise. You got in early. Yay. I can't possibly imagine United is going to continue to be generous with your block, if they actually are now. They often adjust in every contract I've ever seen. If it always actually does take you 30 min less to get somewhere, the block is going to come down. That's just the way it goes.

3) I'm still honestly amazed that you mentioned this. It REALLY makes you come across like the 500 hour pilot that you assuredly are. Come on kid. You can probably barely run an emergency checklist. Don't think you can also intelligently defend the actions of your beloved G0Jets. You're killing me. Read a few books about the history of the airline industry. No... First read your contract carefully. Take copious notes. Then get your hands on a few other contracts (many are public record). Take notes on them and compare. Think about it for a long time. Then recall how G0Jets got its start, by stabbing Trans States in the back. Think about all of that and be proud, kid. Because if you can fool yourself into that, you can fool yourself into enjoying the rest of the shadow of a career you've created for yourself.

Cheers kid. You've got a lot to learn.

Thats where you are dead wrong....United wants us to go fast....thus the liberal scheduled block times....U are encouraged to fly slow and pad your wallets....this is killing the Industry....you should always try to go fast...makes your customers happy.....as far as flying 74...this is so far behind the power curve...U arnt saving anyone money...just making your own self richer....78 is way more econimical and makes our passenger happy....the only way to go....I'll say it again....U shouldve voted yes.....gonna print up some bag stickers to say this.

Whats with this? Do you fly the ERJ or the CRJ? If you are at GJ and you fly the 700 why are you flying a 145 limit? YOu shoulda studied a little harder in ground school and not what people voted.

rsspilot said:
as far as flying 74...this is so far behind the power curve...U arnt saving anyone money...just making your own self richer....78 is way more econimical and makes our passenger happy....

BLock or better is not for padding wallets its so when you have an hour groundsit or hold that is unaviodable you actully get paid to be working.

rsspilot said:
.....as far as flying 74...this is so far behind the power curve...U arnt saving anyone money...just making your own self richer....78 is way more econimical and makes our passenger happy.

That's why the company has just started a fuel "savings" program where the EMB-145 uses a cruise mach of .74. It's not to make ourselves richer, but common sense tells you that saving fuel when it's at an all time high is the way to go. By the way, .78 is our max cruise speed, not very economical. I'm sure "Mother United" will have G0Jet flying at long range cruise real soon.

Latest resources

Back