Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rsspilot said:
...you should always try to go fast...makes your customers happy.....

Arriving 30 minutes early, with no gate available, dosen't make customers very happy.

rsspilot said:
Thats where you are dead wrong....United wants us to go fast....thus the liberal scheduled block times....U are encouraged to fly slow and pad your wallets....this is killing the Industry....you should always try to go fast...makes your customers happy.....as far as flying 74...this is so far behind the power curve...U arnt saving anyone money...just making your own self richer....78 is way more econimical and makes our passenger happy....the only way to go....I'll say it again....U shouldve voted yes.....gonna print up some bag stickers to say this.

That's quite a statement coming from someone who is actively killing the industry for us all, by being a tool for a ruthless management. You are well aware that you are (as we speak) affecting real lives aren't you? You seem to take pride and joy in knowing that these guys are getting furloughed! You then try to cover everything by simply trying to pass blame and saying, "you should've voted yes." Sorry pal, that doesn't cut it. Anyone in this industry with a little common sense and a bit of ethics and morals will tell you that that's simply BS.

I don't claim to know all the details of what was offered to these guys. But I have enough friends at TSA that have given me an overview. Guess what? I'll believe any of them any day of the week and twice on Sundays before I accept your reasoning. It's my understanding that the TSA pilots were not being protected in case of a furlough. Well, they are now furloughing and TSA pilots would still be getting furloughed wouldn't they? Bottom line is, these guys were just trying to better their lives and eventually the rest of ours by trying to raise the bar or at least keep it level.

Then you came in and joined that outfit and pretty much made that goal almost impossible. Make no mistake about it, this is not only about payrates and block or better. Rather, it's about the cancer that an alter ego brings to this industry by rendering pilots almost powerless when their work is being outsourced to the lowest taker. No amount of shouldas, wouldas and passing of blame is gonna change that. My personal opinion is that I don't place all the blame on managements. Afterall, their job is to make money. I do however, put blame on the persons that allow themselves to become tools of such managements and literally stabbing the backs of their fellow pilots for their own so called advancement. And "yes" I do know about the joke of a ruling the NMB made. It's still wrong.

MINIME said:
That's quite a statement coming from someone who is actively killing the industry for us all, by being a tool for a ruthless management. You are well aware that you are (as we speak) affecting real lives aren't you? You seem to take pride and joy in knowing that these guys are getting furloughed! You then try to cover everything by simply trying to pass blame and saying, "you should've voted yes." Sorry pal, that doesn't cut it. Anyone in this industry with a little common sense and a bit of ethics and morals will tell you that that's simply BS.

I don't claim to know all the details of what was offered to these guys. But I have enough friends at TSA that have given me an overview. Guess what? I'll believe any of them any day of the week and twice on Sundays before I accept your reasoning. It's my understanding that the TSA pilots were not being protected in case of a furlough. Well, they are now furloughing and TSA pilots would still be getting furloughed wouldn't they? Bottom line is, these guys were just trying to better their lives and eventually the rest of ours by trying to raise the bar or at least keep it level.

Then you came in and joined that outfit and pretty much made that goal almost impossible. Make no mistake about it, this is not only about payrates and block or better. Rather, it's about the cancer that an alter ego brings to this industry by rendering pilots almost powerless when their work is being outsourced to the lowest taker. No amount of shouldas, wouldas and passing of blame is gonna change that. My personal opinion is that I don't place all the blame on managements. Afterall, their job is to make money. I do however, put blame on the persons that allow themselves to become tools of such managements and literally stabbing the backs of their fellow pilots for their own so called advancement. And "yes" I do know about the joke of a ruling the NMB made. It's still wrong.

Looks impressive.....shoulda voted yes

flyinsick said:
Anyone know how many furloughs went to Go Jet???
Actually Shrek, I heard one or two did go over there and if thats true then they are SCABS, crossing a furlough line to get the job. I bet I could guess a few peoples names who were in my class in Jan who would do that. And Minime, I dont think we would be getting furloughed since GJ is growing, they would just have "displaced" us or when we went through class originally it would have been on the 700. I dont know if thats what would have happened, but I think it is.

OH, yeah, the ignore function is nice. I cant see almost every other post on this site anymore because rsspilot is on it. It makes this place enjoyable again.

rjacobs said:
Actually Shrek, I heard one or two did go over there and if thats true then they are SCABS, crossing a furlough line to get the job. I bet I could guess a few peoples names who were in my class in Jan who would do that. And Minime, I dont think we would be getting furloughed since GJ is growing, they would just have "displaced" us or when we went through class originally it would have been on the 700. I dont know if thats what would have happened, but I think it is.

OH, yeah, the ignore function is nice. I cant see almost every other post on this site anymore because rsspilot is on it. It makes this place enjoyable again.
Is there really a furlough line now???

well, what I meant was that now people are crossing a line. TSA is furloughing while blowjets is hiring so there is a new line people are crossing. Going to work for a company where the flying is somebody elses while that company is shrinking, but I guess since we are seperate companies they really arent crossing any lines anyway. I wonder how much HK's attorneys make who spend all day figuring out how to get around contract items as well as find loopholes in certain laws. I might go into law and try to get that job, i bet it pays pretty well.

Before being furloughed from Trans States I made it a point to ask other pilots about the Go Jet option. Let me make this clear, I did not ask Trans States pilots. In my travels, I, and friends that I had asked to find out about the general opinion about Go Jet. We must have surveyed together over 100 captains from other regional and major airlines. And..... "It seems it would be a career ending move." Some Captains even showed me a list in their flight bag of all the pilots that are now working for Go Jet. The word is out.

But I feel bad for the young people that had that aviation sparkle in their eye and hopes to go big, For getting caught up in this mess. They knew no better.

And for that I am Flyinsick.....

Latest resources

Back