Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Careers have been sacrificed by the MEC for one reason or another............hard to explain why someone has been off the property for over a year at an interview. They backed our pilot group and did what they thought was in the best interest of the pilots. For what?......was it the pay?.....nope..........was it the perks?......what getting fired?!

They did the job because they gave a s**t.

I know that the furlough blows........it hurts me personally (hopefully you believe that) but to lay blame (or at least part of it) on the feet of the MEC is misguided at the least.

Now if you want to PM me I will send your resume along to a better company........my college buddy has been working there for 7 years and has gotten people interviews for our furloughed pilots. More pay and better work rules from day one........kinda like what we have to fight for here - if TSA survives.

As far as labor relations go......you are right - Direct Deposit LOA for example. Did that help the pilots or did it help the company? Did the company want one list? Did the company furlough in the past in seniority order? What about the CQFO debacle?........I could go on......

Every pilot that has left/been fired/or been furloughed from TSA has gotten a much better job ----- ironic because rapidly we are becoming THE bottom. That is why we voted NO on G0 Jet and that is why we are in negotiations for better.

rsspilot said:
If you were serious than you should strike....do it tomorrow...otherwise shut up and do your flying.

It should be obvious that because my profile says CL65 and not E145 I'm not a pilot for TSA dumbass. I do however have alot of friends there, friends that have and are getting furloughed right now because of Go Jet.

thowe21 said:
So are you upset that this negotiation would have put you at the bottom of the seniority list Well didn't you get hired after all of us at TSA? So why do you think your so special that you get to get ahead of everyone on the seniority list? You must be an awesome pilot that you don't need to wait your turn. I am also an exceptional pilot so I should go straight to captain position at UPS, I feel your pain dude!?!?!?!?!

He isn't upset at all.....you said tsa said no to crj 700 flying for only a dollar an hour raise.....they said no....so furloughs are their own fault...maybe next time when a good deal comes around they wont get greedy and try to get horizon pay when the rest of the industry is paying skywest pay...by the way...which is what we get......"THEY made their decision....now THEY need to be happy about it."

rjacobs said:
ok, ive been drowning my sorrows for a few hours(if you know what I mean, and if you dont your a ********************ing SNAP), but I have to agree with Turkey Shoot on the thanks DM thing. I am/was only a probie(before I got furloghed), but I have been around the industry my whole life(alot of pilot union stuff from the old man). Our union has, for as long as I can tell(for several years before I came here) been doing nothing but pissing the company off. How can this improve labor relations when the company doesnt even respect the MEC. I will not say the union is the only thing to blame, but they did not help any situations. I know there are alot of TSA pilots that feel this way, but dont have the cahones to say it. OK, im the a-Hole for saying it, but ********************e. I have nothing to lose anyway. If somebody had stepped up two years ago, I would not be furloughed right now. I dont agree with GJ and will still continue to fly the NO GJ sticker and badge backer even while I find a new job and if somebody has a problem with it, FU, I feel that GJ is why I was just furloughed, even if MW says otherwise.

Cry and Blame, Cry and Blame, Cry and Blame.........nobody but your own fault...YOU turned down flying that is legal and is going to happen whether you want it or not......be a man and quit crying like a small school girl.

Shrek said:
Illegal work actions are SHOCKINGLY .........................

ILLEGAL

Yes....and legal work actions are SCHOCKINGLY.........................LEGAL. No go do your job....enjoy it and quit hating the world......your only raising your own blood pressure and gonna give yourself a heart attack.....You didnt want the flying....what a surprise.....you dont have it. NOBODY TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF.....LIVE WITH YOUR DECISION AND MOVE ON.

You GJ guys are real pieces of work. Your reputation in the industry is solidified. Everyone sees you for what you really are. Make no mistake, your actions will be remembered and you will carry the stink of GJ wherever you go no matter how you try to spin the situation. You are all alter ego, whipsaw enablers and opportunists.

rsspilot said:
Cry and Blame, Cry and Blame, Cry and Blame.........nobody but your own fault...YOU turned down flying that is legal and is going to happen whether you want it or not......be a man and quit crying like a small school girl.

Thanks ass hole, kick me when im down, I didnt work there when the vote came down, nobody that is getting furloughed was. Alot of people were on probation and couldnt vote either. So it was because of the people that did vote that we are now out of jobs, so who is really to blame, GJ or our own pilots. While I commend them for standing up to management it is now coming back to haunt everybody and people are going, hmmm maybe we should have worked harder at making this work. I would have voted for the flying because I look further than a few days, which alot of people cant.

Latest resources

Back