Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotbrain said:
Go jet hasten taken any flying from TSA, and has no plans to do so.( the contract that GJ has is a ten year hub system flying contract with up to 50 CRJ’s, not the same contract)

I had no problem with a combine seniority list but TSA voted NO 3 times, with 2 more chance before that.

Should have voted yes!!! It your fault why TSA doesn’t have the growth and why TSA is furloughing.

PEACE OUT

Yes because obviously voting in a POS ultimatum (not a negotiated solution, an ultimatum) that would've resulted in a pay cut and had scope language that didn't even resolve the situation was the right solution. After that piece of crap was voted down the pilot group was more than willing to negotiate something that was fair and equitable, and I'm sure most TSA pilots would've been willing to make a reasonable concession. But management had no interest in anything other than that one offer that they knew was going to get voted down. Ok, the horse is really dead this time.

BTW, enjoy working for GJ. I'm gonna laugh in a few years when you see exactly what kind of people you're dealing with.

Tsa Mec Says.....

Here's what the TSA MEC says about this issue.....
800-282-ALPA(2572)... option 1, option 1

D.M. TSA MEC Chairman:

"... As per conversation with Capt. W, the cause of these furloughs are a direct result of a loss of SAT flying being performed for our UAL code share partner. It was made very clear to the MEC that this loss of this flying was not a result of transfers to the Go-Jet operation. TSA mngt concluded that the SAT routes were not profitable enough, and therefore decided not to persue serving these routes, causeing us to park 2 EMB-145s over the next couple of months..."

TSA Pilot said:
flyinsick is a ************************* pilot pretending to be a TSA pilot to drum up support for his side. Trying to make it look like people are converting. It ain't happening. sorry.
Ahh.... NO.

I got a good one. Im getting furloughed, so im gonna go out with dignity and finish my schedule. Well, I was updating my resume and was looking at my time review thing on the crewtrack site and I see I am at 130 hours of pay credit for the month, WTFO I thought. So I look and it says DFI, drop for IOE. So im getting paid for my 20 hour trip to not fly it and they put a 12 hour trip on me. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, if they didnt do ******************** like this maybe they wouldnt have to furlough to save money. There gonna pay me 600 bucks to fly 10 hours. I LOVE IT.

Go Jet has a posting on climbto350.com today for CRJ700 street captains and first officers, while Trans States, their "fellow" TSH airline, is furloughing and downgrading. I guess thats "just business"...

BoilerUP said:
Go Jet has a posting on climbto350.com today for CRJ700 street captains and first officers, while Trans States, their "fellow" TSH airline, is furloughing and downgrading. I guess thats "just business"...

should have voted YES!

pilotbrain said:
should have voted YES!

How do you get the idea that TSA voted NO three times? As I recall there was only one chance to vote. They wanted TSA pilots to continue on the current contract that puts them at the bottom (below Mesa) in a few years with 1.5% raises for the next four years. Additionally, the GJ pilots would have furlough protection over senior pilots.

How in the ******************** is that right?

flyer172r said:
Yes because obviously voting in a POS ultimatum (not a negotiated solution, an ultimatum) that would've resulted in a pay cut and had scope language that didn't even resolve the situation was the right solution. After that piece of crap was voted down the pilot group was more than willing to negotiate something that was fair and equitable, and I'm sure most TSA pilots would've been willing to make a reasonable concession. But management had no interest in anything other than that one offer that they knew was going to get voted down. Ok, the horse is really dead this time.

BTW, enjoy working for GJ. I'm gonna laugh in a few years when you see exactly what kind of people you're dealing with.

WAIT! JUST ONE MINUTE,

Let’s talk about the very first opportunity that TSA had to fly GJ planes, when management offered longevity and same seniority list, why didn’t ALPA and your MEC send every TSA pilot over to GJ side and then vote in ALPA, knowing that your contract was up for negotiation in madder of months. First DUMB MOVE!

Second this final contract that TSA VOTED DOWN that they keep telling everyone that it was such a bad deal, ALPA National and TSA MEC, and MANAGEMET all felt that they came up with a great contract for TSA PILOT TO FLY GJ AIRPLANE which would have stapled GJ to the bottom of TSA based on date of hire!

These furloughs are nobody’s fault but TSA PILOTS!!!!

pilotbrain said:
No you misunderstood what I said. TSA said that GJ was taking over there flying out of SAT not true. Because every thing that GJ is flying out of SAT is hub system, NOT OUT STAITON FLYING.

When it first started a few months ago we got a memo that called SAT a "minihub" We hubbed out of SAT and flew to about 7 outstations. Day one would work your way to SAT somehow, such as RIC-ORD, ORD-OKC, OKC-SAT. Once you got to SAT days 2 and 3 were spent hubbing out of SAT and spending overnites in such places as COS and ABQ, etc. Day 4 would work your way back to the domicle very simularly to how you made it down to SAT on day 1.

Latest resources

Back