Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Timebuilder

Entrepreneur
I was called yesterday by a 135 Lear and King Air operator. I had submitted my resume back in December, and it must have struggled to the top of the pile somehow.

Now I have two FS books, and a CD rom on systems to absorb, and he says he wants me in the LR35 ASAP.

I'm praying I don't "screw the pooch" on this. All advice is welcome from all of you experienced Lear Drivers.

Oh, yes. If I'm asleep, don't wake me....

:)

Are you in the Chicago area? if so send me a PM with the operator.. I may have some feedback for you... Also I flew King Airs and Lear 35's on a 135 certificate years ago.. so I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have...

Good Luck!

Timebuilder has arrived!!! Just be humble. If you're not, the Lear will make you a fool. Hopefully you will have cool captains that will just chuckle when they ask for gear down and you're still doing pre-takeoff checks. Don't worry and don't be discouraged early on...it won't take you long to catch up. Watch the fuelers at small FBOs like a hawk. They'll fill up one side at a time and put your tips on the tarmac!

congrats!!

guess?

LR35 and King Air? Could it be the chester county boys (40n) or united refrig at pne. just a guess i think your in the philly area. if so pm me I could have info for you.

Yeah, come to think of it, I know an operator in the Carolinas that was looking for someone to fit such a bill. Let me know if you're headed that direction.

Congrats, Timebuilder!

I know you feel like you are drinking water out of a firehose right now. Take a deep breath and memorize your emergency memory items and the major limitations of the aircraft and get familiar with the check lists so you can keep ahead of the game. The rest will come in time. Get an old Gates Learjet Flight Training Manual that is 85 pages long and copy it. Your Company should have one around somewhere. Basically it is how to fly a Lear Jet without becoming a statistic. I would consintrate on the above and when you have time later read the Flight Safety Manual to really learn the systems better. Good luck, I know you can fly, the rest will follow. Cheers.

KlingonLRDRVR

congratulations!

You definitely have to retire the avatar now. For your next one, might I suggest something that signifies excellence, perseverence, and victory. A Green Bay Packer logo, perhaps?

WOW!!! Another Packer-backer on the board. I like how you think. Cheers... oh yeah... congrats Timebuilder! PM me if your boss needs help!!;)

Latest resources

Back