• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll never forget the first time I rolled down the runway in the right seat of a Lear 35. It was like a go-cart at 200MPH., I have found that the rush is greater in the 35 vs the 20 series as the rotation speed is greater. There is nothing like a Lear it is a wonderful machine, if I had my choice of the aircraft that I would be flying all the time it would be the Lear. The 35 is great as it has the range to go to Europe or anywhere else in the world. The auto-pilot works great on the 35 on the 20 series it is a piece of junk unless the operator spends a lot of money keeping it up. We just hand flew the 20 series all the time. You need any help or have any questions you can PM me, I have a copy of that Lear manual too if you need it.

Congrats!

I'm almost in the same boat as you.

After flightinstructing for about a year I lucked in and got a job flying a Lear 55 out of FXE.

I'm actually overnighting in Boston right now on my second trip and I'm telling you it can't gt better than this!

I still don't know what I'm doing, and the irplane sure is aster than that good old Duchess but man it's a bast.

The other guys had somegood advices though. Get a hold of the AFM, emergency checklists, limitations and the Flightsafety Manual and start reading. Also sit in th airplane and familiarize yourself with switches and buttons as you do the checklst. That has helped me out a lot my few flights ;)

Now, if I could only get used to saying FLIGHT-LEVEL 390 instead of 39 000, maybe I wouldn't sound so much like a rookie! :)

Anyway, good luck in your new job and maybe we'll meet in the flightlevels one day.

OK, time for an update.

First, I thank God that we have no 20 series aircraft, only 35's and a 55.

I had a part 91 flight yesterday with my company owner as PIC and the jet's owner in the back. Apparently, it was time for this Florida "snowbird" to return to New Jersey.

The boss and I went down from PHL on AirTran, in a brand spankin' new 717 that smellled like a new Corvette. We drove from Lauderdale up to Boca, met the owner (along with beaucoups baggage, after all, he had been there since last fall) and flew him home to Jersey. I was so awed by the sheer speed on takeoff (I was once a drag racer, so I enjoyed this part a lot) that I missed the first two calls, airspeed and power set, but luckily I came to my senses in time to call V1 and rotate. We don't wear headsets, so I was missing my ususal "head clamping" from my DC's, and now I have to get back to my roots and use a speaker and hand mike...the same model mike I used in the Cherokee 140 I started in! I guess I could call it the circle of Aviation Life.

The flight from jersey back to Pa went a liitle better. We left VFR just after that rain had cleared out, and it was sunny all the way. I had the calls, and missed none on the radio. It was starting to feel like home. I had never before travelled at 2,500 MSL while doing 250 indicated.

Today I finished the formal systems ground school, and tomorrow we fly all morning to work on my official SIC status, file the background check papers for my airport ID, and then I go and get a passport for those three day island trips.

You know, I can get used to this. :)

Now these are the kinds of replies I like seeing. You can literally see the enthusiasm you have with flying. Congratulations once again on the job and remember Once you think you know everything, that's when something bad happens to humble you. Enjoy the Lear and have fun.

Rook

600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

20 series Lears are great, I cut my teeth as a Lear captain on LR23's converted to cargo out of YIP. What a blast to fly, if I wanted to fly just for fun it would be the old Lear 23 flying cargo in the summer. Great job. Great fun.

Timebuilder,

Your enthusiasm shows that you have what it takes to be successful in an Aviation Career!

Good Luck, Fly Safe and NEVER stop learning!

Sounds like fun to me! I remember how excited I was when I took my Citation type - and we barely got out of the pattern!

The B-717 trip sounded like fun, too.

Once again, congratulations. Good show!

The Lear Jet rolls extremely nice just ask Bobby Yunkin :)

Good luck, now one of these days I am going to have to find me a job. Seems like an awesome job too, in a few years I am going to have to send my Resume there, I like the 3 day island trips part of it.

Today, I found out just how cool it is to be hurtling down the runway in the LEFT seat, while the boss calls your v-speeds, says Positive Rate, and I'm the guy saying "Gear UP"!

Spoilers are pretty neat, too...

Latest resources

Back