• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I hear one more "brief"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like when Captains brief the Instrument Missed procedure when you're shooting the visual into ATL. Because KATL has always been known to send you to fricken Tempo when you go around on the visual.

They won't even send you to Tempo in instrument conditions. Has anyone ever flown a published missed? I can't ever see a need for it unless it was for terrain/airspace avoidance or lost comms

A captain I was flying with cracked me up when he said in his brief for an ils "we will head to conni and we'll be the first to ever hold there. Its probably true. Anyway, make sure you zero out the the xponder once at the gate.

...you won't hear it from this captain..but I hear it from plenty of FOs....
because they have no piloting skills or knowledge and those clowns over at FSI pound into their heads that they have to brief every nitnoid little thing on the plate. I don't give a damn that there is a MALSIF II lighting system for a firggin' approach (don't even understand what that is!)... there will be some lights, 'nough said (if you even have to say that..which you don't).

BTW, you won't fall out of the air if you do 180kts at flaps 0 either...just sayin'...and quit "jokeying" the dang power levers. pick a power that holds the speed you need and "tweak" it. You're giving everybody friggin' whiplash!......

wow! sorry, it was a long 3 day this week...

carry on...

No, you won't fall out of the sky at 180 kts and flaps 0, but flying around at 10 degrees nose up in straight and level flight just doesn't feel right.

I don't give a damn that there is a MALSIF II lighting system for a firggin' approach (don't even understand what that is!)... there will be some lights, 'nough said (if you even have to say that..which you don't).

Unless you're trying to do a Cat II approach to a runway that doesn't have them... like all the westbound runways in ATL. Your ops specs don't allow Cat II unless you have them.

"This airplane, that runway. Any question, comments, or insults will not be answered, entertained, or tolerated".

Latest resources

Back