• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I hear one more "brief"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The point of this post was far from being a know it all. I'm simply saying change up the wording of your "brief" so that I know you are actually thinking about what you are saying. If it is the same "cookie cutter" brief every time, followed by "any questions" I see you are not thinking about what is coming out of your mouth.

I was simply venting here, hoping to get people to think a bit.

Maybe I did???

The one I like is the guy that starts a basic call for something with. "When you are happy can you do XYZ".

Nobody has been happy at my airline for 20 years, so you are going to be waiting awhile for XYZ, and your are going to get another leg or 2 of IOE untill the happy thing goes away..

The one I like is the guy that starts a basic call for something with. "When you are happy can you do XYZ".

Nobody has been happy at my airline for 20 years, so you are going to be waiting awhile for XYZ, and your are going to get another leg or 2 of IOE untill the happy thing goes away..

Where do you work 75 Driver?

If I hear one more brief, be it any kind, that ends with "Any questions???"

I'm going to go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you not think of any other way to end it???

Is anyone else tired of hearing this?

Kinda like "Sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sit back and relax, I doubt anybody is relying on you anyway.

The point of this post was far from being a know it all. I'm simply saying change up the wording of your "brief" so that I know you are actually thinking about what you are saying. If it is the same "cookie cutter" brief every time, followed by "any questions" I see you are not thinking about what is coming out of your mouth.

I was simply venting here, hoping to get people to think a bit.

Maybe I did???

Medeco,

I thought about it, and I decided that I like asking if the person sitting next to me has any questions, or comments.

The thing that I find odd is when the other person finishes a brief of any sort and then just stops. I really don't know if they are finished, or are pausing to collect their thoughts.

I agree with some of the other posters on this thread, you really need to get a thicker skin and not let the little stuff drive you crazy

Medeco,

I thought about it, and I decided that I like asking if the person sitting next to me has any questions, or comments.

The thing that I find odd is when the other person finishes a brief of any sort and then just stops. I really don't know if they are finished, or are pausing to collect their thoughts.

I agree with some of the other posters on this thread, you really need to get a thicker skin and not let the little stuff drive you crazy

Go back and read my additional post.

I'm simply asking that guys mix it up on verbage that isnt part of a required call out.

There are plenty of ways to end a brief, while still being standard, that doesnt end in "any questions"

I already posted some suggetions, and so did others.

If it bothers you so much, then ask a few questions after he asks if you have any questions. For instance:

"Any questions?"
"Yeah I have a few"

1. "What's the second highest obstacle in the vicinity of the airport?"
2. "Is radar required to shoot this approach? I noticed you didn't mention whether or not it was"
3. "Will you be carrying an extra few knots above Vref+5 throughout the flare, and should I call out your airspeed deviations?"

I like that! On one hand if they want to brief everything since the Wright flyer than those items seem pretty important.

On the other hand, maybe the fact that you don't really need to know what kind of approach lights are available on a clear and a million daytime visual approach will sink in.

good post

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back