• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Icao Atpl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The FAA ATP is technically an ICAO ATPL, as long as you meet the experience criteria per the ICAO. Is your TT 1500? with only 50% SIC time counting towards that number. And do you have 250 true hours as PIC? actual PIC, as in sole manipulator of the controls with knowbody else logging PIC at the same time in the aircraft. If yes to these questions, you have an ICAO ATP(L).

Cheers,

Right out of the A.I.P in Canada for an ICAO ATPL

Mimimum age:21
Medical Category: CAT 1
Knowledge: SAMARA 70% mim.(regulations)
SARON 70% mim. (weather)
Skill: Group 1 instument rating (multi uengine land unresricted)

Total time:1500 hrs (minimum 900 hrs in aeroplane)
PIC*: 250hrs
PIC cross country:100 hrs
PIC cross country-night: 25 hrs
Copilot cross country**: 200 hrs
IFR***: 75
Night: 100 hrs (minimum 30hrs in aeroplane)

* may include 100 hrs copilot under supervision(company approved program.)

**or additional 100 hrs aeroplane crosscountry PIC

***max 25 hrs in simulator and 35 hrs in helicopter

Yes you can only log half of you total time flying as a copilot towards your ATPL requirements.

Hope this helps alittle

You also need the INRAT in Canada for the ATPL, but this you would get as part of your instrument group 1 ticket. T.C. does not grant IFR tickets on the basis of a current one in another country. You must take the knowledge exam, and take the check ride.

Say Again????

I'm not getting the real response I'm looking for.
I don't have a Canadian license to convert and i don't want to convert my US to Canadian.
Some of the adds that I have read want an ICAO or JAA license but MAY accept a FAA ATP.
So, with that said, back to my question.

Who is authorized to issue it, where do you go to get it, and how much does it cost????

I don't think you are understanding. There is no actual certificate that says ICAO on it. The ICAO is the FAA, JAA, T.C., CAA and so on agreeing on certain regulations. Your FAA ATP is an ICAO ATPL if you meet the above criteria. You cannot get an ICAO certificate. You cannot buy one. You can meet the requirements agreed upon in the ICAO, and hold (any country that is included in the ICAO) an ATP(L). The US FAA in part of the ICAO. If you have 1500 TT inclusive of only 50%SIC, and have 250 PIC, actuall PIC as defined above, then you DO hold an ICAO ATPL.

Cheers,

Hi!

I'm catching on, also.

I need some more info on the flight time requirements.

I have about 2300 TT.

About 600 is PIC, the rest is student or SIC, so that puts me at about 1450 total time.

About 1000 of my TT is helo, and most of my PIC is helo. I probably have about 70 fixed-wing PIC.

Are there Fixed-Wing time requirements?

Cliff
GRB

ATPCiff let me put it in a simplier way. Whem Emirates said they are looking for ICAO ATP license the meaning was: Any ATP from a country member of ICAO is good enough for them. So someone from Slovenia is as good candidate as someone from USA or Canada or Etc.
Maybe you are confused with the new European license called JAA ATPL !? That's a total different dish and a little more complicated to explain.

I explained it all in my first post. Of course then someone wanted to complicate it more, anyway, FAA ATP is the same thing as ICAO ATPL.

Dieterly, you are both right, and wrong. Yes the FAA ATP is recognized as ICAO, but you are forgetting, which is even included in the FAA regs regarding certification of airman, is that the FAA ATP can be issued in the US even though it does not meet the requirements per the ICAO. Specifically, other than the USA, only 50% SIC shall be credited towards TT. And also per the ICAO, any one aircraft cannot have two pilots logging PIC. In this country that rule does not apply.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back