• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Executive Board Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Flexjet blatantly breaches our agreement I don't think we'd have a hard time finding a lawyer that would be willing to represent such a sure-fire case.

Would you have a hard time paying for it though; "The Company and You will share the payment of the arbitrator's fee equally."

Why is it, "Upon upgrade to Captain, the First Officer will enter the Captain pay scale based upon hire date minus one year. Example: 4 year First Officer upgrades to Captain. The First Officer will start the Learjet Captain pay scale at Year 3."?

That's a carry over from an old thing they did long ago. From what I've been told, in the early day (like, year zero) when you upgraded to captain you started at year 1 captain. Everyone was upgrading fast so that was fine. Then there was a wait for upgrade so they made it current years of service minus 1. It's a silly old thing, don't pay any attention to it. Hopefully they will get rid of it for simplicity sake.

Did the pilots vote for the agreement? If so what percent voted for and how much voted against?
I assume it passed since it is now in effect. When does it come up for renewal?

There was no vote. We were told we could choose to sign or not to sign. I don't know if anybody didn't sign. There is no renewal, its ongoing.

This is a serious question: Is it ONE agreement, or is it 400+ individual agreements?

One agreement for everyone.

My guess, there are multiple; "....who have signed a Crewmember Employment Agreement substantially identical to this Agreement and vote on the proposed modification."

Thanks SC.

You have all signed your very own, individual, employment agreement. They appear to be "substantially identical", but perhaps no two are alike.

Ok.

The folks defending this agreement seem to believe it is a legal and binding contract. And I would probably agree with you.

However, I think it is also safe to assume that if you find the other party to the agreement has failed to uphold any part of the agreement, you are on your own to defend it. There's absolutely nothing collective about it, nor does it have the protections, that a collective agreement has.

Just so long as everyone understands this extremely important difference for the sake of the ongoing debate.

Carry on.

It says we are at will employees in the agreement.

That's a carry over from an old thing they did long ago. From what I've been told, in the early day (like, year zero) when you upgraded to captain you started at year 1 captain. e.

What about going from year 8 Lear Captain to the Challenger?

Do you go to year 8 CL300 Captain or start at Year 1 CL300 Captain pay?

That was what Kenn did to the Flight Options pilots before the CBA. When you went up to another aircraft you went down to year 1 pay in that aircraft.

They called it " slide to parity" we called it " slide to poverty".
That is another reason that the FO pilots do not want to go back to the way it was before the contract.

What about going from year 8 Lear Captain to the Challenger?

Do you go to year 8 CL300 Captain or start at Year 1 CL300 Captain pay?

No nothing weird happens there. If you are year 8 captain (ha! like we have any year 8 captains), you would go to year 8 challenger.

No nothing weird happens there. If you are year 8 captain (ha! like we have any year 8 captains), you would go to year 8 challenger.

That was a big problem at Flight Options before the contract.

When the contract came in we had many pilots get a 40 or 45% pay increase over the life of the contract. Mainly due to Kenns little game with pay rates. That is just one of the things that we are trying to inform you about.

When we hear criticism about our contract and pay rate we realize that you did not really understand what it was really like before the CBA. This "lousy" CBA gave many pilots a huge pay increase and we expect a lot more in the next one.

So honest question here, what happens when RICCI decides to discard like he has chosen to ignore cba, loa's and scope clauses and waits for lawsuits to be drawn out? How much financial backing do you think our combined pilot groups can muster to fight this?

Latest resources

Back