• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Executive Board Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Explain the exact process that makes it binding?

It was signed by our president and each individual employee.

That makes it a written contract.

We have not had a vote since the contracts went in to effect.

We are going to have a pilot representative who will be involved in the voting process.

Kinda sounds like that "seat at the table" you keep telling us we should want.

It was signed by our president and each individual employee.

That makes it a written contract.

We have not had a vote since the contracts went in to effect.

We are going to have a pilot representative who will be involved in the voting process.

Kinda sounds like that "seat at the table" you keep telling us we should want.

And if they change something without your vote, what then?

Can you give some examples over the last few years where management made a decision and you all got together and voted to change it.
How is this done?

Did you have a vote before your sick days were taken away or is it still being discussed and when will the vote take place?

We didn't have a voting process until the Pilot Agreement came out. Actually an improvement over what we already had when it came to changes in work rules.

And if they change something without your vote, what then?

They can sue the company for breach of contract.

And I'm sure the company would be happy to fund the legal team required for an employee to defend his or her (individual) contract.

Which begs the question: I wonder if all of those individual contracts read alike? Or maybe there's a little sumthin'-sumthin' in some, but not others?

Maybe they're all posted on yammer for everyone to read [emoji53]

They can sue the company for breach of contract.

And I'm sure the company would be happy to fund the legal team required for an employee to defend his or her (individual) contract.

Which begs the question: I wonder if all of those individual contracts read alike? Or maybe there's a little sumthin'-sumthin' in some, but not others?

Maybe they're all posted on yammer for everyone to read [emoji53]

If Flexjet blatantly breaches our agreement I don't think we'd have a hard time finding a lawyer that would be willing to represent such a sure-fire case.

If Flexjet blatantly breaches our agreement I don't think we'd have a hard time finding a lawyer that would be willing to represent such a sure-fire case.

This is a serious question: Is it ONE agreement, or is it 400+ individual agreements?

We didn't have a voting process until the Pilot Agreement came out. Actually an improvement over what we already had when it came to changes in work rules.

Did the pilots vote for the agreement? If so what percent voted for and how much voted against?
I assume it passed since it is now in effect. When does it come up for renewal?

Did the pilots vote for the agreement? If so what percent voted for and how much voted against?
I assume it passed since it is now in effect. When does it come up for renewal?

I don't see a renewal date on it, until the company decides that they want to issue you a new one.

I guess this would be their vote for it; "if another crewmember does not sign a Crewmember Emplyment Agreement their seniority will not be protected which may positively impact your seniority."

Why is it, "Upon upgrade to Captain, the First Officer will enter the Captain pay scale based upon hire date minus one year. Example: 4 year First Officer upgrades to Captain. The First Officer will start the Learjet Captain pay scale at Year 3."?

Latest resources

Back