• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Executive Board Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I for one am tired of hearing you and others call my union crappy.

Have you read our full CBA, do you know everything about our CBA?

Or is it just the pay that you know about and choose to bash it?

Do you know the blood, sweat, and tears that we went through to get what we got in our CBA.
Believe me, Kenn didn't hand anything over
For someone that just bought back a company, that he got thrown out the door of, on the brink of shutting the doors
Why did it still take 2+ yrs for us to get a contract.
Kenn wanted us to get a pay raise, his idea, bring back the SFO rat program.

If you knew how we were treated before the CBA, if you knew the very small things throughout the CBA that have personally made my life for the better everysingle day.

I do not believe the IBT is the answer to everything in the world
I think the MEC has had their up's and down's

I can tell you, for me, the last 4 yrs under the CBA has been a heaven sent for me and many others.
It's not because I have anything to worry about.
I have never been called in for a CGF1 arrival, I don't complain, unneccesarily write up airplanes, etc........

The Union might come with a name of IBT Local 1108
But...
The Real Union is the Pilot's

So, I'm getting sick of hearing it get called our crappy union.

In the other thread you said that if we could find another union that is better and would represent you to let you know, but you don't know of one.

The reason you guys are with the IBT is no one else will represent you.

Having to take the only option if representation doesn't guarantee good representation. You take what you can get.

Actually, the real union is the $$$$ and lawyers behind the CBA that will force the company to follow it. The pilots only strength is the ability to strike. That is only allowed during contract negotiations after being released to self help by a mediator. Until then you only have the illusion of power.

Look at what the airlines have done to the ALPA carriers in the past 13 years. Pensions that were in their CBA, gone. Pilots with furlough protection in their CBA furloughed, pay slashed, scope clauses obliterated. All of this while under the protection of a CBA.

You guys live behind a false sense of security from the only crappy union that would represent you. Sorry to state the facts, but that is what they are.

In the other thread you said that if we could find another union that is better and would represent you to let you know, but you don't know of one.

Having to take the only option if representation doesn't guarantee good representation. You take what you can get.

Actually, the real union is the $$$$ and lawyers behind the CBA that will force the company to follow it. The pilots only strength is the ability to strike. That is only allowed during contract negotiations after being released to self help by a mediator. Until then you only have the illusion of power.

Look at what the airlines have done to the ALPA carriers in the past 13 years. Pensions that were in their CBA, gone. Pilots with furlough protection in their CBA furloughed, pay slashed, scope clauses obliterated. All of this while under the protection of a CBA.

You guys live behind a false sense of security from the only crappy union that would represent you. Sorry to state the facts, but that is what they are.

Man you have to be managements golden pilot.
There are 10% hard core Magment, 10% hard core union, and 80% all the rest of the pilots. You have to be in the top 1-2% of hard cor mgnt

Your absolutely correct, I did say that, and I still mean it.
The reason. To get away from the stigma of the big bad IBT
But in the end it's still the pilots that make the union.

You can argue that ALPA took all those things
I could argue that it was the courts during bankruptcy protection and the greedy CEO's that cut everything while still retaining their multi-million dollar incentive packages.

Now, are you going to answer my questions

Do you know the blood, sweat, and tears that we went through to get what we got in our CBA.

Under bankruptcy, all contracts and leases are open in the process. A union could have a 50 year old agreement that has evolved through collective bargaining, but it is not bankrupt proof.

Well we're being told differently. If we vote out the union we are being told there will be an option to stay separate. Nobody has guaranteed that, but they are saying it is "possible if that's what you want." KR has definitely not said to us that he wants one pilot group. That would have been noticed for sure.

Who is telling you this?

As far as what KR has said, didn't you listen to his presentation, where he said, "we will definitely put these two groups together"?

KR may want it, but he doesn't have the authority to make it happen. We can operate on the same 135 certificate and still not get single carrier status until someone asks the NMB. KR isn't able to ask the NMB.

So on one hand you don't want a union, but on the other hand you are counting on the union to keep the pilot groups seperate?

I for one am tired of hearing you and others call my union crappy.

Believe me, Kenn didn't hand anything over
For someone that just bought back a company, that he got thrown out the door of, on the brink of shutting the doors
Why did it still take 2+ yrs for us to get a contract.
Kenn wanted us to get a pay raise, his idea, bring back the SFO rat program.

If you knew how we were treated before the CBA, if you knew the very small things throughout the CBA that have personally made my life for the better everysingle day.

I do not believe the IBT is the answer to everything in the world
I think the MEC has had their up's and down's

I can tell you, for me, the last 4 yrs under the CBA has been a heaven sent for me and many others.
It's not because I have anything to worry about.
I have never been called in for a CGF1 arrival, I don't complain, unneccesarily write up airplanes, etc........

The Union might come with a name of IBT Local 1108
But...
The Real Union is the Pilot's

So, I'm getting sick of hearing it get called our crappy union.

Well said brother.

Latest resources

Back