IBT 1108 Executive Board Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't Google wonderful

Forgot to say...I've been computing IRR's longer than you have been polluting the planet.

Tried to make it simple for asswipes like you....but you know so much you can't appreciate a little education .

Forgot to say...I've been computing IRR's longer than you have been polluting the planet.

Tried to make it simple for asswipes like you....but you know so much you can't appreciate a little education .

Civ/Mil: n/a
A/C Flown: n/a
Ratings: n/a
Total Time: n/a

A Dilbert in a cubicle on a pilots forum.

Repeat---

You can"t answer the question...can you! So instead you try and dumb down everyone...good job...

Feel better now? I actually had edited out my original reply because I decided it didn't add anything helpful to the conversation, something you might want to try. I don't remember ever attacking you, but if this approach makes you feel superior, have at it.

What exactly was I dumbing down? The original poster said Flex had been returning 15% to Bombardier. He didn't say by what measure, so I didn't try to guess, just said his assertion is not believable. But since they were a subsidiary division, not a VC investment, would BBD measure their success by IRR? Or would they more likely use operating margin or ROE? That's what I was assuming, but I don't know, and he didn't say. You must, so please enlighten us.

Not being a business guru like yourself, I don't try to speak CFO, or belittle others if they don't. But I think I am familiar with my own little sector of the economy. Please tell me how much of the following is wrong. The frax biz as a whole peaked in '06. Its decline started in '07, a leading indicator of the recession to come. Once the recession hit, the private jet business across the board, from OEMs to operators to FBOs, saw declines on the order of 30%. The percentage of in-service jet fleet for sale almost doubled, peaking at almost 20%, and valuations tanked. What little recovery we've seen in the past two years doesn't bring us close to being back.

So during that time, Flex is supposed to be returning 15% to BBD? And yet be available for sale at a bargain price? Again, I can't think of any corporate jet aviation business that has returned that much (ROE, ROI, operating margin, take your pick on the measure) on an ongoing basis. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. Or just call some more names if it gives you a measure of emotional satisfaction.

And my main point, anyway, is that KR's history shows that he buys low with other people's money, he and his inner circle get taken care of, and that his business partners and employees do not. Ask Macquarie how their side of the Atlantic deal worked out. Or look up Brantley Capital, an early and large investor in the first Flight Options, and tell us how you compute IRR once an investment is worthless. If you have counter examples, please point them out. I'm not a union tub thumper, but the Flex guys are being played. The ones who've convinced themselves that they're special and that their new dad likes them best will be in for a rude awakening someday.

Best regards

Last edited:

One too many snifters of Cointreau last night, Mr. Master of the Universe? Hope you parked the Jag and took a car service back to Greenwich. No need to reply, I'm not worthy. Cheers.

Last edited:
Feel better now? I actually had edited out my original reply because I decided it didn't add anything helpful to the conversation, something you might want to try. I don't remember ever attacking you, but if this approach makes you feel superior, have at it.

What exactly was I dumbing down? The original poster said Flex had been returning 15% to Bombardier. He didn't say by what measure, so I didn't try to guess, just said his assertion is not believable. But since they were a subsidiary division, not a VC investment, would BBD measure their success by IRR? Or would they more likely use operating margin or ROE? That's what I was assuming, but I don't know, and he didn't say. You must, so please enlighten us.

Not being a business guru like yourself, I don't try to speak CFO, or belittle others if they don't. But I think I am familiar with my own little sector of the economy. Please tell me how much of the following is wrong. The frax biz as a whole peaked in '06. Its decline started in '07, a leading indicator of the recession to come. Once the recession hit, the private jet business across the board, from OEMs to operators to FBOs, saw declines on the order of 30%. The percentage of in-service jet fleet for sale almost doubled, peaking at almost 20%, and valuations tanked. What little recovery we've seen in the past two years doesn't bring us close to being back.

So during that time, Flex is supposed to be returning 15% to BBD? And yet be available for sale at a bargain price? Again, I can't think of any corporate jet aviation business that has returned that much (ROE, ROI, operating margin, take your pick on the measure) on an ongoing basis. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. Or just call some more names if it gives you a measure of emotional satisfaction.

And my main point, anyway, is that KR's history shows that he buys low with other people's money, he and his inner circle get taken care of, and that his business partners and employees do not. Ask Macquarie how their side of the Atlantic deal worked out. Or look up Brantley Capital, an early and large investor in the first Flight Options, and tell us how you compute IRR once an investment is worthless. If you have counter examples, please point them out. I'm not a union tub thumper, but the Flex guys are being played. The ones who've convinced themselves that they're special and that their new dad likes them best will be in for a rude awakening someday.

Best regards

Wow! That is good stuff.

The ones who've convinced themselves that they're special and that their new dad likes them best will be in for a rude awakening someday.

Best regards

And these are the ones that are going to screw up the blood sweat and tears that I shed for years inorder to protect my future.

And these are the ones that are going to screw up the blood sweat and tears that I shed for years inorder to protect my future.

OK, i can't take this any more. Jeez, what a drama queen. Did you get your training at dinner theater in Ottumwa Iowa, doing La Cage aux Folles? Come on.........We've all got a long row to hoe, hell's bells, I'm 59, I'm along for the ride.

:dots

Latest resources

Back