• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good post, RM! I'll add that sticking to present times and relevant information are inherent components of a valid point. Considering that B19's content rarely changes and the FUD constantly flows from his keyboard, those of us who ignore him are missing nothing of relevance. Instead we concentrate on those who have a stake in the fractional industry.

B19,

Yes, I was truly impressed with the way you answered my questions.

How many times should I have to answer the questions Tree? Because you are new I need to do it again? Nope... you aren't special.

I guess that is just another part of the "fantasy."

If your fantasy includes a union where your career is based on the negotiation skills of other people, that works for me and you are entitled to them. I found that working for a company without a union gave me more flexability and job security. I no longer need to watch my company be held hostage by unions, nor do I need to worry about being laid off because the company sheds all costs to be viable while the union sits back and takes the paychecks that are disproportionate to the rest of the revenue.

As I stated, when times are good everybody's happy, but when times are bad, unions will watch the rest of the company get squeezed, job losses in other sectors occur and only when they are threatened that a bankruptcy judge will mandate changes to the CBA will they act. Yeah, that is the moral and ethical way to do business.

If you honestly believe all Unions and Union personnel are morons and corrupt, then you are just as lost as someone who believes all of them are doing a great job.

Not all of them are corrupt, but unions this decade have shown the inabililty to react quickly when it was needed, forcing rank and file layoffs of necessary personnel. The ONLY exception has been SWA, and that was because the old union leadership there understood what was important and signed a ten year contract with profit sharing. We'll see if that holds true on the next contract, from what I understand it's not.

Unions are no better than the pool of talent they have to pull from, and the willingness of people to step forward. It's pretty hard to get them to do so when you have people like yourself waiting to reap the benefits, while they trash everyone doing the work.

The only benefits I want to reap is job security and a decent paycheck, and both times the failure was union based.

You really need to take a hard look at the safety issues and the work that Unions have done on your behalf, much of the time fighting management tooth and nail to get things we now consider basic.

Why don't we explore this? Time after time safety programs have been delayed or watered down by union intervention. Let's use FOQA as an example. While trending is nice, I want to know who my bad pilots are. Can't do that because of unions and the sanitizing of info.

Will we ever see cameras on flight decks like the NTSB wants? They should be there now, but unions have fought against for "privacy" issues.

I've seen the union thing on safety, and for every innovation, comes another program that is delayed or watered down.

No doubt these don't apply to you for whatever fantasy it is you think you're seeing though.

You look at my views and say "sadly". I've been in both worlds, and I look at your world and thing the exact same thing knowing that for every union contract that exists when times are tough, workers will lose their jobs because the union doesn't act fast enough.

Sadly,

Tree

So, what is your opinion about the corrupt actions of 1108 and NJASAP funds?

I can always use a good laugh.

Good post, RM! I'll add that sticking to present times and relevant information are inherent components of a valid point. Considering that B19's content rarely changes and the FUD constantly flows from his keyboard, those of us who ignore him are missing nothing of relevance. Instead we concentrate on those who have a stake in the fractional industry.

And where in your posts have you changed? You still post as if you are a NJ employee with that passive-aggressive thing going on.

You like to call names and talk about things you have never experienced.

Yep.. you are a mature adult woman that must be a joy to live with. I'll bet your husband works alot, doesn't he? :D

Good grief. 32 PAGES? Teamsters are crooked. NJASAP did the right thing. This is news?

Move along people.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back