IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Preventing a Crime? We will never know; Thank God

Since some NetJets Pilots seem to have a need to throw out false accusations against My President and My Treasurer, maybe I should throw out an accusation against the NJASAP Leadership?

What if by acting in a Proactive Manner, the New Leadership of the IBT 1108 STOPPED an illegal transfer of funds from IBT 1108 accounts into NJASAP accounts.

Nobody seems to want to talk about that possibility do they?

Once those funds were transferred, how would the tiny little Flight Options Pilot Group financially be able to afford both a legal battle to recoop those funds, and adequately continue their contract fight? Maybe, enough funds would have been taken out of the IBT 1108 accounts that the Flight Options Pilots would no longer have the resources to see their Contract battle through to the end?

Kinda stings a little bit when I make these accusations against your Leadership now doesn't it. Can I prove these things would have occurred? Absolutely not. And that's just the way I like it.

I applaud My President and My Treasurer for taking Proactive Steps to insure the Integrity of the IBT 1108 Funds.

Every Flight Options Pilot should be proud of Mat S. and AJ M.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
"Strong relationship"? You guys, for no other reason other than financial GREED, ABANDONED our pilot group during negotiations at a CRITICAL time when solidarity was still being built. You could have easily waited to separate from the IBT until after we had a contract. We joined the IBT 1108 because it had YOUR pilots in it. Because your leadership said they would stand by us and help us get a contract. We went to war with our management because we had the STRENGTH of the NJA pilots with us, which we needed because our pilot group was naive and ignorant and very reluctant to have a Union. We fight hard, win the battle on representation in a very tough fight to win enough solidarity to do so. We start negotiating, it gets serious, and you LEFT. You HURT our cause and there is no doubt that your doing so has DELAYED the negotiations process, because our company saw and exploited the vulnerability you created by abandoning us. Bo Ty pounced on that like white on rice and solidarity took a major hit. Because you guys wanted more of your dues money and less to go to National. You hung us out to dry on our own. We'll still get there, but the strength of our contract will probably be less than it would have been had you not been so damn greedy and left early. I honestly believe that. We have over 70 pilots on the street to prove it.

Sorry if I seem like a "step child" amongst the loved siblings. And for the record, the FO MEC did what they were told to do by the GP to protect the interests of the Local and at no time did any FO MEC member want or plan on denying any entitlements to the NJA pilots. That does not mean we have a "new" slut (we didn't know our relationship with the NJA pilots was slutty).

Also, I am VERY grateful for all the Net Jets pilots did for us up to the point of deserting us. You guys had the benefit of 30 years of a Union. We were forced out of the nest very early. Some state that as stupidity on our FO leadership and say that they are ignorant or other such names, when in reality, they only have 11 months less "experience" than the NJASAP leadership has, however we did NOT have the luxury of 30 years of negotiations behind our Union. I think we've done pretty good on our own considering, but I am NOT happy that the Net Jets pilots deserted us for what amounts to a SMALL amount of money relatively speaking, when there was absolutely no urgency to do so and could have waited until you fullfilled your promise on standing with our pilots until we crossed the finish line with a Contract.

I trust the FO MEC and know they did no wrong. They simply acted in the best interests of the Local and did nothing but maintain control of those accounts as directed by the General President.

Last edited:
Since some NetJets Pilots seem to have a need to throw out false accusations against My President and My Treasurer, maybe I should throw out one of my own against the NJASAP Leadership?

What if by acting in a Proactive Manner, the New Leadership of the IBT 1108 STOPPED an illegal transfer of funds from IBT 1108 accounts into NJASAP accounts.

Nobody seems to want to talk about that possibility do they?

Once those funds were transferred, how would the tiny little Flight Options Pilot Group financially be able to afford both a legal battle to recoop those funds, and adequately continue their contract fight? Maybe, enough funds would have been taken out of the IBT 1108 accounts that the Flight Options Pilots would no longer have the resources to see their Contract battle through to the end?

oh absolutely i'll talk about that. in the realm of anything is possible i'll concede that it exists. The reality however is that FLOPS now has over 1.2 million in the bank to finish the contract. The pilots at NJA and local 1108 have never done anything illegal. yet in spite of that, your guys threw in with Bill Moore and the IBT.

yep, those guys are pure as snow..........

carry on.

Folks, enough.

Arguing with Slave is like arguing with B19. He has nothing new or relevant to add.

Slave, seriously, you need to read the by-laws, both yours and national's, to have a true understanding of what went down. It's quite obvious you haven't.

What IS obvious, is that rather than do the necessary legwork to find out what this is all about exactly, you're choosing to simply believe what you're being told by IBT officials. Maybe that's why you'll never move out from under the screen name you've chosen. Blindly accepting what those in power tell you is a guarantee that you'll be taken advantage of. We have the utmost and highest level of respect for our leaders at NJA, but they are questioned about decisions and directions they've chosen on an almost daily basis. And they must respond with full transparency, else risk losing the support of this pilot group. We had previously asked that of the IBT. They refused. Look where that got them.

The NJA pilots and union leaders have been nothing but upfront with the FLOPS folks. It was us, not IBT, that aided and guided and FINANCED your move to become organized. Now we say that things were done illegally by the IBT and two of your own, and all of a sudden we're not to be believed or trusted.

Please, I'm asking politely, before you attempt to explain things away, or accept ANYONE'S word on blind faith, read the by-laws. Oh, and you might want to brush up on US law too, as what they tried to pull with the banks is a felony.

As has been explained to you multiple times already, just because the GP said what they did was okay, doesn't make it okay. And the best part is, you don't have to take my word for it. You don't have to take any of NJA's leadership's word for it. You don't have to take anybody at their word for it who is posting here. Just do the freaking research yourself and it will be OBVIOUS who is telling the truth. That's all I'm asking you to do.

By the way, at the time this all went down, we were still part of IBT1108, as has been pointed out MULTIPLE times to you at this point. Any, and I do mean ANY argument you present that involves us not being part of 1108 and therefore having no say-so is patently false. Up until yesterday, we were still very much a part of 1108.

As to your argument that since we have our money anyway, what's the big deal. It goes like this: laws were broken. Should we really just ignore that? But maybe on a more ethical level, promises were made, in writing, that were broken too, and by association, a serious trust was breached. If you don't think that will have a serious negative impact on the FLOPS pilots, then you're truly in denial.

I have no more to say on the subject. I wish the FLOPS pilots well. They are still deserving of a good contract and a QOL commenserate with the new fractional industry standard.

PS: For everyone on the boards. Acting in the best interests of ANYTHING still does not excuse breaking laws to do so.

It's in my family's best interest to bring home as much money as possible. Is it okay to rob a bank to do so?

PS: For everyone on the boards. Acting in the best interests of ANYTHING still does not excuse breaking laws to do so.

It's in my family's best interest to bring home as much money as possible. Is it okay to rob a bank to do so?

Nope, if it's illegal it's not OK. So I ask you - when the smoke clears and our leadership has been cleared of any illegal activities will you change your tune?

And once again, realityman tries to attack the person instead of debate the issue. Some things never change. I have been FIGHTING for our pilots for the past 4 years and do NOT take things blindly, and DO question things.

I'm not a member of the MEC. I cannot speak for them. I can however support them, and when the GP told them to go and do something, they did it. You say they should have "sided" with you instead, when you were the ones leaving us. I don't see that they had a choice but to do what they were told and I KNOW they did so acting in the best interests of the local and our pilots. You can make them the scape goats if you want and point any and all blame at them for doing so, but it was the National office directing things, and there was no illicit intentions towards the NJA pilots, and the accusations made against MY President and Treasurer that they were trying to steal anything is a blatant and slanderous lie. Shame on you for saying so.

"If i told you to jump off a Bridge, would ...."

So they did what the GP told them to ...

Why did the 1108 E-board President not know his local was in trusteeship? Why did he not know about the money transfers?

I know I have an anonymous name here, but so you know? I'm not Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. Stop asking me questions only he can answer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back