• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And once again, realityman tries to attack the person instead of debate the issue. Some things never change. I have been FIGHTING for our pilots for the past 4 years and do NOT take things blindly, and DO question things.

I'm not a member of the MEC. I cannot speak for them. I can however support them, and when the GP told them to go and do something, they did it. You say they should have "sided" with you instead, when you were the ones leaving us. I don't see that they had a choice but to do what they were told and I KNOW they did so acting in the best interests of the local and our pilots. You can make them the scape goats if you want and point any and all blame at them for doing so, but it was the National office directing things, and there was no illicit intentions towards the NJA pilots, and the accusations made against MY President and Treasurer that they were trying to steal anything is a blatant and slanderous lie. Shame on you for saying so.

Sigh.

You still don't get it. Once again, read the by-laws and US laws (at least the ones pertinent to this debate). You can then make an INFORMED decision as to whether anyone did anything wrong.

In one breath you say you completely believe what you're being told from IBT and the two accused MEC members, and in another you claim you do question things and don't accept things blindly. Which is it?

Ask the HARD questions (and do some freaking research man!! you know the whole by-laws thing) of your people and IBT and THEN decide. That's all I'm saying.

I wasn't attacking you. Just your attitude of knowing what's going on when without having done any real research you don't.

It is MY understanding that the IBT can place any Local in trusteeship whenever the GP thinks it is necessary.

Blind obedience. Good for you.

By the way, your statement above is absolutely incorrect. Good read the Teamsters Constitution and you'll find out just how wrong you are.

Nice try on the spin though. Next time, get some facts before you leap into a discussion. You won't look so foolish then.

As to your argument that since we have our money anyway, what's the big deal. It goes like this: laws were broken. Should we really just ignore that? But maybe on a more ethical level, promises were made, in writing, that were broken too, and by association, a serious trust was breached. If you don't think that will have a serious negative impact on the FLOPS pilots, then you're truly in denial.

Is that a threat against Flight Options pilots? If so, what does that mean? Are you going to try and impose some sort of blockade against hiring flight options pilots who had nothing to do with any of this? Are you gonna steal their catering (you won't want it!)?

Please, tell me the negative impact you are referring to.

What do you mean by that?

I can however support them, and when the GP told them to go and do something, they did it. You say they should have "sided" with you instead, when you were the ones leaving us. I don't see that they had a choice but to do what they were told and I KNOW they did so acting in the best interests of the local and our pilots.

They do not work for the GP. They work for YOU!

If Jimmy calls and says we are going to take that 1.2 MILLION you have in savings, do you expect your "leaders" to say "okay"? That would not be in YOUR best interest would it?
Funny thing is, it is happening right before your eyes!

Is that a threat against Flight Options pilots? If so, what does that mean? Are you going to try and impose some sort of blockade against hiring flight options pilots who had nothing to do with any of this? Are you gonna steal their catering (you won't want it!)?

Please, tell me the negative impact you are referring to.

What do you mean by that?

Dude, you're losing it. Stop and think.

We are STILL providing you with guidance. Our experience is important to helping you get that contract.
Our pilots STILL make donations to helping you out. Even going so far as to starting a fund to help the pilots over there that got fired.

With a loss of trust, that could go away. I'm NOT saying it will go away. Just saying there are areas that we still help, and may be harder to do so now because of what happened.

As for the question of whether I will personally cause problems for the FLOPS pilots. Of course not! and I couldn't even if I wanted to. I'm just a line pilot. An informed line pilot. One who has done a little research, rather than simply take ANYONE'S word for ANYTHING.

Latest resources

Back