• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why did the names on the accounts have to be changed on Monday when the leadership was not transfered until Friday?

That's a question to ask the IBT National office. From what I was told, it was their decision.

Why were the elected offficials of the 1108, their term ended on Friday, not told the names were being changed on Monday?

Perhaps to keep unwarranted transactions from happening. If I were the CEO of a company and I knew the accountant at an affiliate company I owned who had access to all of my money was leaving soon, as a SAFETY PRECAUTION I would have the accountant's name removed from the account before the accountant left, "just in case". I can't speak for Hoffa, but perhaps he felt the same way. It was his decision, you'd have to ask him.

Perhaps a better question is, what would the people who did not any longer have access to those funds would have done with that money on Thursday that they are so upset about that they didn't get to do? They are only entitled to the monies outlined in section B.1 and 3 of the agreement, and I do not think the IBT will deny it. They will get that money. So again. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Slave,

With the 1108 in TRUSTEESHIP as some believe Hoffa had a right to do ... How could the new 1108 e-Board ensure the loan agreement would be complied with? It would be all up to Hoffa.

Correct. So what? Is the agreement not signed? Why would he NOT comply with it? If he didn't, he'd be looking at a law suit he couldn't win. I have not seen anyone at the IBT state they are going to deny any funds in the agreement.

What did Hoffa do to local 2000?

This is why NJASAP was ready for IBT to pull this.

When considering the abilities of the National IBT vs the NJASAP leadership...

realize IBT recommended NJ pilots accept the 2004 TA, calling it The richest contract in memory. A TA far worse even adjusted for inflation than what FLOPS management is offering you guys now.

Our leadership is more capable that the IBT. Smarter and better.

Last edited:
What baffles me is why anybody would want to do business with or be represented by a Hoffa.

Hmmm. Well over a million people last time I checked. Including the Net Jets pilots for what, almost 3 decades? I personally talked to THREE of your NJASAP leadership members when they were IBT 1108 e-board members during the last elections, and guess who they personally endorsed? Hoffa. They could not of course legally endorse them in writing, but they endorsed Hoffa personally.

The Teamsters make a lot of sense for the Flight Options pilots. I do not have the time to discuss the many ways that is so, but suffice it to say, that a pilot group our size needs a national organization. Your pilot group decided they did not anymore. The NJASAP pilots disagreed and split away YESTERDAY.

That doesn't make the teamsters not a good deal for others Mr. Armchair Quarterback.

Last edited:
What did Hoffa do to local 2000?

This is why NJASAP was ready for IBT to pull this.

When considering the abilities of the National IBT vs the NJASAP leadership...

realize IBT recommended NJ pilots accept the 2004 TA, calling it The richest contract in memory. A TA far worse even adjusted for inflation than what FLOPS management is offering you guys now.

Our leadership is more capable that the IBT. Smarter and better.

Oh my god! You said so, so it must be true! Here's a cookie.

They will get that money. So again. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

the point that you seem to be missing is: NJASAP now already has the money as of July 11. It will be paid back to 1108 over 12 months per the agreement. We believe this was an attempt to divert the money so that was no longer available to loan to NJASAP per the agreement.

But let me ask this instead. we can go round and round about bank accounts but so far it seems to me the FLOPS pilots are missing the most disturbing part of this whole debacle.

Your current President and Sec/Treas were presented a letter of trusteeship (illegal, of course) and told that 1108 was now in control of trustee Bill Moore. hmmmm, if i were at FLOPS i'd wonder:

WHY DID THEY NOT SCREAM BLOODY MURDER?
WHY DID THEY ALLOW CONTROL OF YOUR NEW LOCAL TO GO TO WASHINGTON?
WHY DID THEY NOT SEEK IMMEDIATE LEGAL COUNSEL TO PROTECT THE PILOTS AT FLOPS FROM BILL MOORE?

your new leaders were presented with a bogus document that stripped your Eboard of it's ability to function - and they said okey dokey. Now, if y'all can't find the issue with that - i got nothing else for ya........

the point that you seem to be missing is: NJASAP now already has the money as of July 11. It will be paid back to 1108 over 12 months per the agreement. We believe this was an attempt to divert the money so that was no longer available to loan to NJASAP per the agreement.

But let me ask this instead. we can go round and round about bank accounts but so far it seems to me the FLOPS pilots are missing the most disturbing part of this whole debacle.

Your current President and Sec/Treas were presented a letter of trusteeship (illegal, of course) and told that 1108 was now in control of trustee Bill Moore. hmmmm, if i were at FLOPS i'd wonder:

WHY DID THEY NOT SEEK IMMEDIATE LEGAL COUNSEL TO PROTECT THE PILOTS AT FLOPS FROM BILL MOORE?

your new leaders were presented with a bogus document that stripped your Eboard of it's ability to function - and they said okey dokey. Now, if y'all can't find the issue with that - i got nothing else for ya........

YOU say it was illegal. Where's your law degree from? IBT's lawyers say differently. Sorry, but I'm going to take their word over yours. Even if you do have a law degree, which I doubt you do.

I see the IBT National and the FO leadership maintaining control of IBT 1108 funds in the hands of IBT 1108 pilots, and NJASAP pilots who no longer are a part of the 1108 who have a feef with that. If what you say is true and the NJASAP pilots GOT the money (which is news to me) then the agreement is fulfilled, what is there to b!tch about, unless t

YOU say it was illegal. Where's your law degree from? IBT's lawyers say differently. Sorry, but I'm going to take their word over yours. Even if you do have a law degree, which I doubt you do.

I see the IBT National and the FO leadership maintaining control of IBT 1108 funds in the hands of IBT 1108 pilots, and NJASAP pilots who no longer are a part of the 1108 who have a feef with that. If what you say is true and the NJASAP pilots GOT the money (which is news to me) then the agreement is fulfilled, what is there to b!tch about, unless there was some alterior motive regarding OTHER funds?

No one has yet been able to prove that the FO MEC was trying to "steal" anything. CONTROL was maintained of accounts in the Local. At the direction of the GP. NJA pilots will get whatever funds they are entitled to. FO pilots and their MEC are NOT thieves. If the NJASAP leadership pilots have a problem with how things happened, they should talk to Washington, but calling our pilots thieves is quite frankly immature and assinine, and causing unwarranted grief amongst our pilots (both pilot groups) over semantic details. No entitlements were EVER going to be denied by the FO pilots to the NJA pilots. FINI

Last edited:

And, the NetJets pilots made sure the IBT couldn't impose trusteeship as part of the separation agreement to protect both the NetJets and Flight Options pilots autonomy - but the new Flight Options Executive Board picked their new "slut" when they had a very strong relationship with the NetJets pilots.

The Teamsters tried to break the agreement. The Flight Options leaders helped the Teamsters in that underhanded effort. And, the much wiser and more seasoned NetJets 1108/NJASAP leaders said ... screw you both; we got this and good luck in your new relationship.

I still can't believe that's what the Flight Options leaders chose to do - they couldn't have made a worse tactical decision - ethics aside.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back