• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is MY understanding that the IBT can place any Local in trusteeship whenever the GP thinks it is necessary.

Again, I find it suspicious that there are those among the NJASAP pilot group that feel "they" deserve access to funds of a Union they are no longer part of.

In the first statement, your understanding is wrong. There is a very high legal threshold to be met for trusteeship. The GP does have emergency powers for (i believe) 15 days of trusteeship, but that would require a disaster such as the eboard being arrested or a physical disaster that prevented the eboard form performing their duties. Since nothing like that was happening at 1108, the GP was FAR outside of his abilities and authority to attempt to do so.

As to deserving anything. The netjets pilots believe we are entitled to the 12 month loan that was negotiated. The rub is, if this sneak attack had been allowed to succeed the separation would have been delayed for 120 days and during that time the netjets pilots (who would still be in 1108) would have no access to ANY of their dues money since it would have now been controlled by the trustee. I'd like to see if anyone thinks a pilot who contributes dues to a union is not entitled to their own money while still a member....

The problem is they tried to do the "change of power", if you will, days before it was supposed to happen!!! They stole a check from 1108 and set up accounts that were not legal as they we not yet running the show, as the transfer was not to take place for DAYS. These guy got caught and now are trying to make excuses. They BROKE THE LAW.
This is all straight out of the IBT play-book. They were trying to screw us, and cost us 3 more months dues.

Wrong. They stole no such check, they stopped one. Had it went through the way it was going to, there was a good chance they would have never seen that money back. There IS a check missing however, that they'd love to know where it is, since it is SIGNED. They also were members of the e-Board and were authorized by Hoffa to set up the accounts.

You'll get your dues... as a loan, as agreed. No one's denying that from what I was told. So again. I see nothing stolen. Control was maintained in the local.

Duh

Our guys do not live at the bank or in Columbus, they have jobs that require travel. They're FO pilots. It was done when they were available. The new office will be in Cleveland, see the phone book for IBT1108.

From what I am told, the IBT is not worried about what they did legally.

That's the point ... Blink when you catch up.

I wish the Flight Options pilots the best. I will continue to do what I can to get every possible Flight Options pilot an interview and job offer at NetJets. I know we have interviewed and hired many good people and pilots, and will continue to do so moving forward.

Always trust the pilots with the facts! That's the point of this exercise - That's what a Strong Union does!

All my best,

In the first statement, your understanding is wrong. There is a very high legal threshold to be met for trusteeship. The GP does have emergency powers for (i believe) 15 days of trusteeship, but that would require a disaster such as the eboard being arrested or a physical disaster that prevented the eboard form performing their duties. Since nothing like that was happening at 1108, the GP was FAR outside of his abilities and authority to attempt to do so.

As to deserving anything. The netjets pilots believe we are entitled to the 12 month loan that was negotiated. The rub is, if this sneak attack had been allowed to succeed the separation would have been delayed for 120 days and during that time the netjets pilots (who would still be in 1108) would have no access to ANY of their dues money since it would have now been controlled by the trustee. I'd like to see if anyone thinks a pilot who contributes dues to a union is not entitled to their own money while still a member....

From what I see, a change of leadership and a significant amount of monies involved would be a good enough reason to instill emergency trusteeship, but I'm not a lawyer and unless you are, both of our opinions are moot. No such dues are being denied from what I was told. There is an agreement for a loan, I can't imagine the MEC not complying with that. I can't speak to the check that is being referred to, I do not know about any such check. However, I could see the funds getting locked up in court should things head that way, and instead of 120 days it could be YEARS.

I've said just about all I can speak on from what I've been told here, fellas. All I can say is I can personally vouch for Ma Sli and Er Ma and that the FO pilot group, including those 2, have no intention of denying the NJA pilots any funds they are intitled to, and that what they did was done at the direction of the IBT National. Any toes that were stepped on in teh process were not done malitiously, and there is NO intent on the FO pilots to want to deny the NJA pilots any monies they are entitled to. If there were legal mis-steps, that's what lawyers are for to settle.

The bottom line here is that calling the FO pilots thieves is wrong. We don't want to steal anyone's money. We owe everything we have in our Union to the NJA pilots. Every pilot I know feels that way. We do not want to wrong our brothers and there is no intention on doing so. Any accusations of such are false and misguided.

From what I am told, the IBT is not worried about what they did legally.

wow, you really have a high opinion of the IBT's abilities. Newsflash, there ain't no Mensa folks working in washington. The reality of the IBT is that any locals that are successful enjoy that success IN SPITE of the IBT, not because of it. As I've said in other posts, use what little they offer to your advantage - but if FLOPS pilots think the IBT are going to produce results for ya,.............yeesh.

oh, and perhaps instead of passing on 'what you've been told' - you might read the bylaws, separation agreement and find out for yourself.

The bottom line here is that calling the FO pilots thieves is wrong. We don't want to steal anyone's money. We owe everything we have in our Union to the NJA pilots. Every pilot I know feels that way. We do not want to wrong our brothers and there is no intention on doing so. Any accusations of such are false and misguided.

fair enough, we know the pilots at FLOPS are not responsible for this - only a few misguided individuals..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back