• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I'll be first in line holding the piano wire. That said, if this is a misrepresentation of facts, and someone is being a tool used to spread FUD for whatever reason, then they'll get the wire. Either way, it's criminal.:angryfire

Unfortunately, it is true...:( :mad: Flt Ops pilots need and deserve leaders with integrity and strength so I agree that a recall is in order. It is imperative that you have leaders you can trust and obviously that is not currently the case with the two mentioned. In looking for a silver lining, I think that replacing those involved can send a message to the company that your group doesn't condone unethical and/or illegal behavior, nor will you be distracted from your pursuit of a fair contract. Options pilots are the 1108 Union Local--not Bill Moore and not the MEC. That gives you the right to insist on leadership that reflects your professionalism and works to meet your goals in a responsible manner.

As a general observation, in our society there is a wide range of behavior from ethical to criminal so it should surprise none of us that we see the same thing among the thousands of people involved in the fractional industry and the IBT representatives that interact with them. That said, I do believe that if the ethical, fair-minded majority bands together and insists that the right thing is done they will usually prevail in the end. The FltOps pilot group has my sympathy as you deal with this mess.
Best Wishes!
NJW

We're awaiting a response from our leadership.

While we wait with baded breath, is the accusation being made that certain individuals committed fraud and embezzeld from the local for personal gain? Or do the folks who conducted this "investigation" believe the IBT instructed local leadership to conduct business in such a way that it placed them in a precarious position?

Given the spotlight that has existed during the trasition of NJA pilots from 1108 to NJASAP, I'm having a hard time believing that safeguards were not in place to prevent any type of financial shenannigans during the transition.

Last edited:
The safeguards are Bank rules requiring someone on the cards authorizing someone else. But when you come into the bank proclaiming you are the 1108 president on Tuesday, with illegal trusteeship paperwork from Jimmy "the crook" Hoffa provided by Bill Moore, things can get squirrely.. One bank froze the account, the other made the change then realized the error and changed it back. As for the motive, that's for them to decide what story they will tell. But its a simple fact, the IBT, the ex 1108 employee, and 2 Options pilots knew what they were doing. You cannot just happen to fall into a bank trying to change the account and lock the people that were authorized on the account by accident.

So FO pilots have two Brutus's and one crooked book keeper that only has loyalties to Bill Moore and IBT international in DC, so be careful and demand accountability.

The rocket scientist.

Last edited:
RS, thanks for all your hard work while my family was driving home from CMH. The kids and I enjoyed meeting some of the NJ folks and part of the NJASAP office staff. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet you, too.
NJW

good intentions do not excuse illegal behavior. any defense that starts with "i'm protecting my membership" is not sufficient. Just because someone from washington says a local is in trusteeship doesn't make it so. going to a bank to create new accounts and purposely leave the president and secretary treasurer of the local off the accounts should give anyone pause to think. taking a check of NJA dues money made out to local 1108 and depositing it into an account different from the intended designation is illegal. I'm sure there will be much justification attempted, but federal law was broken.

Now the repercussions. because of said illegal act that was instigated by the IBT, local 1108 will most likely be put into trusteeship for real. What does that mean? it means the money (7 figures worth) that was left to FLOPS will now be controlled by washington. the money FLOPS pilots were going to use to finish their contract will not be in their control. They have handed the books to an outside party.

tragic is not big enough a word...............Protecting the members?, i think not.

Can we change the title of this thread??

Two FLOPS mec members went around columbus and set up several bank accounts with forged IBT 1108 documents. They then IBT deposits the check from IBT1108 to NJASAP into these accounts. This check was the agreed apon dues that IBT1108 owed to NJASAP. The FLOPS pilots then with drew the money in the form of cashiers checks, NJASAP money! Also they and the IBT coluded with the 1108 accountant to pay all FLOPS union bills but none of the bills for the NJA pilots since April.

Thanks to all the hard working NJA union volunteers who stopped this illegal activity. Maybe the FLOPS pilots and the IBT will be a perfect match.

Those two FLOPS pilots are now the new President of 1108 and the new Sec. Treasurer.

I sure hope this isn't true but it seems that many reputable posters are corroberating the story. If it is true it was done without the knowledge or support of the FLOPs pilots! Don't accuse the FLOPs pilots of being criminals we have nothing but appreciation and respect for all that the Net Jets pilots have done.

Latest resources

Back