IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok

Seemore you're right you don't deserve an attitude from the likes of me. And I didn't mean it that way. I think it's good we have to stand alone now. Too many Option pilots in the past sat back and waited for you guys to do all the work for us, and now we either make it or we don't and can't blame anyone but ourselves for the outcome. That's what I meant.

I just have to say I don't like my friends and trusted leaders accused of being thieves on this anonymous public board. I know both the gentlemen referred to and both have diligently and with great personal sacrifice, looked out for the best interests of the Flight Options pilots. I think the NJ pilots did the right thing for themselves by departing the IBT, but it's not the right thing for us. Was the separation agreement violated? That's not for me to say since I don't have all that info but calling for my friends and trusted leadership to be recalled on this public board is not the way our pilot family should go about fixing this issue. This thread should never have been started and by doing so it not only attempts to undermine the credibility of our elected leaders it calls into question the motivation of the starter of this thread. I think both pilot groups have many roads to walk down together still and this would have been better handled in a quieter way.
I know Flight Options management reads this board and I just want to tell them Capt S. and Capt M. and all our elected leadership and negotiating team have my full and unwavering support. I just hope this rift gets fixed quickly and in a mutually satisfying way and we can get back to the business we are supposed to be doing. Working hard for good jobs with good pay for fractional pilots.

Last edited:
... And to bring this up at this time is detrimental to our negotiations. I agree that it's the last thing the Options pilots needed, but please place blame accordingly. The actions of a few caused this situation--not reports of their wrongdoing. ....It seems a little funny to me that accusations where thrown so quickly. Information was shared in a timely manner after the situation was rectified. Responsible leaders do that. You know the best defense is a good offense. NJASAP is the directly wronged party and the Options pilotgroup indirectly. In fact I have it on good authority that the funds have been returned. Recovered, yes. Thanks to the diligence of NJASAP leaders and cooperation from those who ordered a stop-payment, the under-handed scheme was foiled. I support my MEC and for this thread to take on such a life in such a big hurry will in no way take away from that support. It's my hope that the other leaders are deserving of your loyalty and that your group will gain strength from holding its leadership accountable just as the NJA pilots did when they were let down by their Fab 5. NJASAP I wish you all the best and thank you for all you've done in the past for us, but now we go our own way, and frankly we'll be just fine without you.

I echo Semore's post with this added comment, could someone hand the 52 NJA pilots who voted for the IBT a box of napkins. They have egg dripping off of their faces and a lot of crow to eat.

I'm leaving the Party (IBT 1108), and I'm taking my Toys with me....

First of all, I will be the first to admit that the Flight Options Pilots would NEVER be where they are today in the Negotiating Process, if it wasn't for the assistance of our NetJets Brothers and Sisters. So for that, let me express my deepest thanks.

However, any monies placed into the IBT 1108 accounts, no matter who that money may have come from, LEGALLY belongs to the Members of the IBT 1108. If you leave the IBT 1108, you don't get to bring your Toys (Money) with you, to pay the bills of your new organization, unless the Members of the IBT 1108 say you can.

The Minute, check that, the Second the NetJets Pilots elected to leave the IBT1108, the New President and New Treasurer of the IBT 1108, both Flight Options Pilots, had an absolute obligation to the remaining members of the IBT 1108 to take control over ALL IBT 1108 funds.

But just like in a Divorce, even if you still like eachother, the Party remaining after the other one leaves, had better listen to his or her Attorney, or that innocent Party who remains, might one day wake to discover, that the Funds they thought would be remaining in the Households Accounts, the accounts that keep not just the Leadership Protected via legal council, but all of the Leaderships' Dependents Fed (The Flight Options Pilots), might no longer be there.

I'm truly sorry if there have been feelings hurt by the RESPONSIBLE actions of MY President and MY Treasurer as a remaining member of the IBT 1108, but just because Daddy left the house to hang out with his "Trade in for a New Model Wife," does not mean those remaining, should just blindly leave the Bank Accounts open for the Husband who is leaving to use as he sees fit.

The Wife being left behind's Attorney was indeed the International Brotherhood of Teamsters National Presidents' Office. They provided SOUND legal council, without the clouding of emotion, to make sure those still in the IBT 1108, control IBT 1108 funds, regardless of who earned those funds.

There is nothing to say that agreed upon amounts from IBT 1108 accounts could not still be used to help the NetJets Pilots make their transition to their New Representational structure. But it will be with the IBT 1108 Members controlling those funds, not Former Members who now belong to a different organization, and have left the IBT 1108 behind.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
The Minute, check that, the Second the NetJets Pilots elected to leave the IBT1108, the New President and New Treasurer of the IBT 1108, both Flight Options Pilots, had an absolute obligation to the remaining members of the IBT 1108 to take control over ALL IBT 1108 funds.

Uhhh... The Netjets pilots had not left IBT1108 until today. The majority of 1108 on the 7th and the 8th of july still were Netjets pilots.... The obligation of 1108 to represent the NJA pilots was still in force on 7 and 8 July....

How were these leaders of 1108 acting on behalf of the majority of 1108 members on July, 7 and 8?

Last edited:

The fact they did not do so immediately, shows they were placing a certain amount of Trust in their former Brothers and Sisters.
Freedom is Not Free

Hey Freedom,

Per the transition agreement between IBT Local 1108, the IBT International, and NJASAP the transition was to occur at 0000 hours EDT on July 11, 2008.

Your boy went into the bank on Monday with the IBT International representative, started up checking accounts while falsely represening himself as the the President of Local 1108, presented falsified trusteeship papers, and deposited a check that had been STOLEN from the local.

Not quite "did not do so immediately" in any informed persons book. More like 3.5 days in advance.

It was theft, plain and simple. That is how the Gahanna police and the banker see it.

Do the smart thing... stop defending him and start reading your bylaws.

Per the transition agreement between IBT Local 1108, the IBT International, and NJASAP the transition was to occur at 0000 hours EDT on July 11, 2008.

Is there anyway of having someone post the agreement so we can all read it.

Actually, that's a pretty funny statement:

Hey Freedom,

Your boy went into the bank on Monday with the IBT International representative, started up checking accounts while falsely represening himself as the the President of Local 1108, presented falsified trusteeship papers, and deposited a check that had been STOLEN from the local.

Not quite "did not do so immediately" in any informed persons book. More like 3.5 days in advance.

It was theft, plain and simple. That is how the Gahanna police and the banker see it.

Do the smart thing... stop defending him and start reading your bylaws.

Since the "Theft" you are accusing My President and My Treasurer of is a criminal act, I expect that My President, who I just spoke to happily greeting his wife at the door, would expect to be Arrested shortly? Funny. He sure didn't sound too worried about such a thing to me.

Tell you what. When you find out My President has been Charged with an Actual Crime (which is far from being convicted), then you can spout off at the mouth about "My Boy" without me coming to his defense.

Do you really believe for half a second that the Teamsters National President's Office would send down their Representative from DC to organize this activity without first having run every step by their Attorneys?

I understand why you are upset. You are upset because you believe most of the money in the Accounts are there due to the earnings of NetJets Pilots, that you should have had more control over those funds before you left the organization.

Problem is, the minute those Funds entered the IBT 1108, they were no longer the Funds of the NetJets Pilots, they were the Funds of the IBT 1108.

Your Pilot Group chose to leave the IBT 1108. No one forced you to. And now you are unhappy because you did not get to take all your Toys (or as many as you would have liked) with you?

Grow Up.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:

Respectfully, that is not entirely accurate. I would argue that members of the Local 1108 executive board had a legal and moral obligation to abide by the separation agreement. There is no obligation to any member that justifies illegal activity. And make no mistake, there was a legal duly-elected executive board involving both pilot groups until midnight on thursday. Prior to that moment, no member of the board had any right nor obligation to work in secrecy, without transparency and in direct conflict with a negotiated agreement.

Now, the netjets pilots have left the teamsters because it became apparent they were only interested in our money and nothing else. Their personal representative whispered in the ears of 2 of your own. He used FUD to convince them breaking the law was in their best interests. Oh the stories he must have spun about those evil netjets pilots. Regrettably, they bought into it.

As I indicated before, this is a very dangerous choice for the FLOPS pilots. If the reason NJA left the teamsters is because they only care about the money - the last thing 1108 should do is give BM or washington control. I sincerely hope for the pilots of FLOPS that you are not in trusteeship. The netjets pilots left 1108 and FLOPS with a fully functioning local, a legally elected executive board and 1.2 million in the bank. All we needed to leave was a loan that will be paid back over 12 months to keep ourselves in business. The decisions made this week are so foolish that it is beyond words. As i said before, tragic........

Do you really believe for half a second that the Teamsters National President's Office would send down their Representative from DC to organize this activity without first having run every step by their Attorneys?

No I imagine that the attorneys worked overtime on this one. They are crooks. Hey look, they are about to steal the 1.2 left at 1108 for you guys to get er done. My guess is you will see less than half of that.

Who you associate with defines you. I think you may want to find new friends. Because unlike Law and Order, investigations take more than an hour.

We got our money owed us, we are on our own. This little play will cost IBT more money than they will ever know. Oh well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back