• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you know the language of the IBT and the NJASAP separation aggrement. I don't.

How do you know they "Smuggled" anything. Again do you know what the language said between the teamsters and the pilots of NJ's.

I don't and I suspect most on this board don't know either.

The pilots of FLOPS will be better off due to the actions of the NJ pilots hard work.

If I'm not mistaken, Steelers helped with the separation. So yes, he would be "in the know".

As far as Cast of Thousands, he is THE MAN. He would know.

Last edited:
July 11, 2008

On Tuesday July 8, 2008 Capt. A.J. M and I, under the auspices of the General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Jim Hoffa, and in the company of the General Presidents personal representative B M, entered two banks in Columbus OH, in order to take possession of IBT Local 1108 funds. These actions were undertaken as part of the Net Jets pilot’s separation from the IBT Local 1108. If anyone has questions about our actions, please contact General President Hoffa’s office in Washington D.C., or myself at (***)***-****

Capt. M S, President
Executive Board
IBT Local Union 1108

All I can say is thank you Net Jets Pilots, without your guidance and support the FLOPS (and Industry) would not be where it is today.

But I, (and most posting on this board) don't know the language of the 1108 split, But I for don't suspect for one minute that Ma Slin and Er Ma are trying to "steal" anything. These guys are so straight its not funny.

All,

Hoffa Jr had/has no legal authority to impose such unilateral action on a Local Union operating under the RLA. The Hoffa letter was in and of itself - ILLEGAL - with no jurisdiction of enforcement. That's why the IBT never took action.

It was all fabricated by Hoffa Jr. And, the only reason the International never imposed "trusteeship" on Local 1108 is because the NetJets pilot Executive Board knew the International has no jurisdictional authority for "trusteeship" under the RLA. It was always a bluff and Hoffa lost that game of chicken early on; hence the separation agreement.

These Flight Options union leaders knew it and when the NetJets pilot union leadership was above board, the Flight Options leaders were very underhanded. There is no excuse for what they did, and even worse how they went about it.

Today Luthi (NetJets Executive Board member) tried to offer an olive branch to the new Flight Options union President in an effort to try and keep open lines of communication - Luthi was told to deal with it, the Flight Options President had/has no regrets. Not good, and does nothing for the pilots.

Dime Line,

the separation agreement was posted publicly on the NJASAP website. I recall reading it but it is no longer there. I will try to see if a copy can be found and posted. It's important that all see there was a specific agreement in place with regard to the July NJA dues check and that the admission of MS above is in direct conflict with that agreement.

As to the smuggling of the dues check, as Cast of thousands has indicated it ended up in the possession of someone other than the president or sectreas of 1108. We had security in place to prevent anyone from IBT entering the local. either that security was bypassed by the bookkeeper or she herself took possession of the check and placed it in the custody of individuals who had no legal claim to it. When the check was perceived to be late from netjets, the bookkeeper falsely claimed that it had not arrived when in fact it was already in others possession and on it's way towards being deposited in cleveland.

this is stuff right out of grisham novel, unfortunately it sure ain't fiction.......

There are always two sides to every story. There is way more to this story than what you are presenting here.

By the way, your spelling and grammar is atrocious.

Please tell me some thing new. I have been hearing this from all my teachers from the 1st grade through college.

This does not change the fact that two FLOPS mec members and the IBT almost stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the NJA pilots. I am excited to hear their side of the story when this goes to trial.

Last edited:
Today Luthi (NetJets Executive Board member) tried to offer an olive branch to the new Flight Options union President in an effort to try and keep open lines of communication - Luthi was told to deal with it, the Flight Options President had/has no regrets. Not good, and does nothing for the pilots.

Wow. Just... wow. :(

So $1.2 Million is left to IBT1108.... Has $1.2 Million in dues even been collected from FLOPS pilots yet?

How many pilots there pay dues?

Where did the $1.2 million come from?

Why was this not enough to leave 1108 with such that previously agreed funds set to go to NJASAP had to be stolen?

I know NetJets pilots that would have swam the Atlantic Ocean with the Flight Options pilot group to advance the Flight Options pilot's interests. That is now gone - there is no chance NetJets pilots will follow the Flight Options leaders that just put the "Hoffa" tatoo on their forehead with a "Teamsters" tramp-stamp to match.

Sad, unfortunate, and pathetic,

And convenient.

Last edited:
Dime Line,

the separation agreement was posted publicly on the NJASAP website. I recall reading it but it is no longer there. I will try to see if a copy can be found and posted. It's important that all see there was a specific agreement in place with regard to the July NJA dues check and that the admission of MS above is in direct conflict with that agreement.

As to the smuggling of the dues check, as Cast of thousands has indicated it ended up in the possession of someone other than the president or sectreas of 1108. We had security in place to prevent anyone from IBT entering the local. either that security was bypassed by the bookkeeper or she herself took possession of the check and placed it in the custody of individuals who had no legal claim to it. When the check was perceived to be late from netjets, the bookkeeper falsely claimed that it had not arrived when in fact it was already in others possession and on it's way towards being deposited in cleveland.

this is stuff right out of grisham novel, unfortunately it sure ain't fiction.......

Please DO post it when you find it. I hate this he said/she said stuff...

Latest resources

Back