• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you really believe for half a second that the Teamsters National President's Office would send down their Representative from DC to organize this activity without first having run every step by their Attorneys?
Maybe they did. The crooks at Enron ran everything by their attorneys as well. Hmmm, I wonder what happened to those guys? :rolleyes:

So $1.2 Million is left to IBT1108.... Has $1.2 Million in dues even been collected from FLOPS pilots yet?

How many pilots there pay dues?

Where did the $1.2 million come from?

Why was this not enough to leave 1108 with such that previously agreed funds set to go to NJASAP had to be stolen?

Gun, and All,

When it's all said and done at the end of July the Flight Options pilots will have between $1.4 and $1.5 million in cash and assets with 1108.

Over the last two years Flight Options pilots have paid for half their total expenses by way of dues revenues.

In 2008 alone the Flight Options pilot group will have a net of plus $2 million above their dues vs expenses as a result of the separation.

The NetJets pilot leadership felt is was best to leave the money in the Flight Options pilots' hands and recoup the losses after the first 18 to 24 months after separation of the IBT by not paying International per-capita.

In essence, we left it all for the Flight Options pilots, not the Teamsters as the Teamsters have already taken in excess of $5 million over 40 months with no services or representation to show the NetJets or Flight Options pilot groups for that $5 million in per-capita.

Such is life,

Thank You Mom and Dad (NetJets Pilots)

We greatly appreciate your helping to raise us from Birth, and setting up a Nice College Fund for us as well.

But we are getting our own Apartments, and those slutty women we are dating that you seem to hate, are moving in with us.

Its our lives now. Thank you so much for all your help, both emotionally and financially.

But the bird has left the nest. If you keep trying to control us, we might not come home for the Holidays;)

Freedom in Not Free

I really feel for all of the Flops pilots who have to deal with this corruption of their union. Those few responsible put all of the Flops pilots and their families in a huge bind by participating in these illegal actions with the IBT leadership.

I feel confident that all of the NetJets pilots still support the rank and file pilots at Flops, it is your senior leadership (those who knowingly participated in fraud) that we are angry with.

We wish you luck in your fight ahead with Flops management, and hope for the best for your families in this embarrassing situation.

thanks CA1900 for the link. For those of you that don't want to download, here's what we're talking about:

1. If the NJA pilots select NJASAP as their representative, in accordance
with Part I of this Agreement, receipt of dues income paid by NJA pilots will be
transferred by Local 1108 to NJASAP effective July 11, 2008 (covering the June
dues remittances.) The full amount of the June remittance shall be repaid to
Local 1108 in twelve (12) equal monthly payments, beginning in August 2008.
Payments shall be due on or before the 20th of the month. NJASAP, and/or any
successor organization, shall be responsible for repaying Local 1108 the full
amount of the June 2008 remittance, in accordance with the terms set forth in
this paragraph.

what this means is the June dues check from netjets was to be deposited into the 1108 account and on july 11 a cashiers check for the same amount would be presented to njasap. this was the loan we would use to start our new local. MS and AM have admitted above that they attempted to take control of this money away from the eboard and the president as well as sec/treas. i'm sure some will want to spin it another way, but when you take money you are not entitled to - it's stealing. when you take almost 400k, it's grand larceny. when you do it in a federal institution such as a bank, it's a felony. I hope those smart IBT lawyers are looking out for everyone.........

@ Freedom

Read the agreement, you might not be so flippant when you discover what was agreed to.

As if things are not bad enough at FLOPS this is the last thing we needed. It is truly an embarrassing for the FLOPS pilots.

I don't understand why these monies would be stolen ... if they were to be loaned to NJASAP and paid back to 1108 over 12 months?

Have to agree, its the way I read it as well.

I'm feeling there is a snake, but I can't believe its the FLOPS MEC.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back