• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJ has a 121 certificate to operate the BBJ.

Management is interested in getting it for us. We'll see where it takes them. If they succeed, I can't wait to go through security at CMH.

Airnet is not 121 and they do have cass.

I am responding to BoilerUP, not B19. I'm supprised that I'm even reading this thread, normally once B19 chimes in I can't stand reading further.

Voice what do you care if we get CASS or not? Does it affect you at all? You don't even work for us. But I see you've started a nice little I hate NJ thread on the Majors section.

If we get CASS approval more power to whomever is setting it up. I get paid either way.

Cheers.

Actually I think we are going 121, getting new AOM's instead of our FOM etc.. This is in combining NJI, NJA, and NJLA under one certificate.

Um, yeah. Gun, NJI, NJA, NJLA, and EJM (and the Bradley Beach Club too!) will continue to operate under separate certificates. Indefinitely.

As to the CASS issue, the point is not cockpit access. Your company can belong to CASS but the jumpseat is still the property of the carrier (and, theoretically, the Captain) and unless you have a jumpseat agreement the carrier is under no obligation to allow you in the cockpit, CASS or not.

NJASAP and the company are pursuing CASS certification under the COMMERCIAL OPERATING CERTIFICATES they already hold (and there are many Part 135 companies registered in CASS) in order to get crewmembers through security in a more timely fashion, especially at locations where security has been, ahem, problematic (i.e. CMH, HPN).

NJASAP and the company are pursuing CASS certification under the COMMERCIAL OPERATING CERTIFICATES they already hold (and there are many Part 135 companies registered in CASS) in order to get crewmembers through security in a more timely fashion, especially at locations where security has been, ahem, problematic (i.e. CMH, HPN).

The company has interests in CASS, in addition to timely security passage for crewmembers.

Further, we are getting (or already have) exceptions to part 135 allowing the use of 121 rules, in some areas of our operation.

Just curious:

Since all of us Frac guys have gone through TSA and Customs overflight screening, how tough is CASS? It seems as if it is a redundant check. Other than getting fancier badges, what is the process?

And, for CASS to really work, doesn't it have to be somewhat reciprocal? I mean, why would AA want to allow us free rides, when there is no practical way we can give their crews a ride?

Hung

Yeah Gun, been hearing about those big planes for, oh, about 9 years now.....

BeeDub, true enough. NJI already has a Part 121 training exemption so that we only have to do checkrides once a year and our other training cycle is just that: training. I wouldn't be surprised to see other parts of 121 creep into the operation.

Hung, jumpseat agreements are between carriers. CASS is a TSA-run security system. Big difference.
We don't have any jumpseat agreements that I know of because we CAN'T reciprocate and that isn't the point of the exercise anyway.

Latest resources

Back