• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didnt post anything about it, so I have nothing to be coy about. I gave you the answer, it's confidential.

Yeeah.

So WHAT is it that is confidential, then?

You got scared that the beans were spilled and got those responses removed too.

Hopefully ALPA National's Safety Committee will cut it off at the pass.

Deny all you want now, but your own people started this train rolling, Thank THEM

Yeeah.

So WHAT is it that is confidential, then?

You got scared that the beans were spilled and got those responses removed too.

Hopefully ALPA National's Safety Committee will cut it off at the pass.

Deny all you want now, but your own people started this train rolling, Thank THEM

well i can't tell you what is confidential, it's confidential. You really need to think about this stuff before you type.

no one spilled anything at the other thread, I don't know why it was removed. Ask the mod. You really are carrying around a lotta rage. A lot of "im 17 and my dad won't let me take the car out" kinda stuff.

Juat relax man, it's nothing that will affect you.

no one spilled anything at the other thread, I don't know why it was removed. Ask the mod.

YES. They DID. They said NJA was working on getting CASS right now...then after those people posted about it..either you or another NJ guys was all "it's confidential" about it when others began to ask questions.

See where incessant babble gets you? Now they'll be looking for your CASS attempts...reality will present itself...we'll see.

YES. They DID. They said NJA was working on getting CASS right now...then after those people posted about it..either you or another NJ guys was all "it's confidential" about it when others began to ask questions.

See where incessant babble gets you? Now they'll be looking for your CASS attempts...reality will present itself...we'll see.

Once again, you asjed the question and I gave you the answer.

Confidential? And you're privy to this confidential information why? :rolleyes:

Cass

CASS will not happen at NJ. They are not a Part 121 certificate holder and that is a requirement. If you want the jumpseat privilege, you need to fly Part 121.

From FAA Order 8900.1:

3-46 VERIFICATION OF PERSONNEL FOR ACCESS TO THE FLIGHT DECK.
A. Identity Verification Procedures for Other Part 121 Certificate Holders. OpSpec A048,Verification of Personnel for Access to Flight Deck, is available for those part 121 operators that seek authorization for access to the flight deck jump seat in accordance with § 121.547(a)(3) for individuals not employed by the certificate holder granting access. Required FAA authorization for employees of part 121 certificate holders to access the flight deck (jump seat) of other part 121 certificate holders will be granted in accordance with § 121.547(a) through the approval of these procedures as incorporated in the certificate holder’s manual that is required by part 121, § 121.133 and issuance of OpSpec A048.

NOTE: TSA may impose additional restrictions through issuance of security programs and/or SDs. It is imperative that the certificate holder is in possession of any pertinent TSA approvals or authorizations for any associated TSA requirements.
B. Certificate Holder Procedures. Certificate holder procedures for accessing the flight deck jump seat must include verification of identity, employment status, and jump seat eligibility at gate check‑in. Four verification methods are described in paragraph F below. Each method contains unique procedures. All methods must include the following items:

1) The individual requesting access must have an employee photo ID card issued by their employer.

2) The company official granting access will complete the company authorization procedures contained in their manual required by § 121.133 to include the verification method.

3) Verification must include the requester’s Name, Employee Number, and flight deck (jump seat) access eligibility.

C. Verification Programs. Two verification programs are available for use under OpSpec A048. They are:

1) Cockpit Access Security System (CASS). A direct‑access database system developed by the Air Transport Association, in coordination with AIRINC, the FAA, the TSA, part 121 certificated air carriers, and labor unions.

a) The CASS is a network of databases hosted by participating part 121 air carriers that contains employment and security information for individuals authorized by the FAA to occupy an aircraft’s flight deck jump seat during normal operations. The information and process used for the CASS is intended to verify a person’s identity, eligibility for access to the jump seat, and their employment status at the time of check‑in. This program will enhance flight deck security and permit verified individuals to occupy the jump seat for transportation.

b) Under CASS, each air carrier is responsible for coordination with the TSA and development of software that will interface with the AIRINC network and the systems of other participating airlines, and it must provide the required information. The operational procedures for the air carrier’s system should be included in their manual required by § 121.133. These procedures should be validated before issuance of OpSpec A048 using the associated job aid. The job aid includes steps for the certificate holder to demonstrate their system and procedures to the POI and evidence of a required audit of employee records, before issuance of OpSpec A048.

2) Flight Deck Access Restriction (FDAR) Program.A direct‑access database or other system that is not part of the CASS, but serves the same purpose in confirming a requester’s identity, employment status, and jump seat eligibility. Similar to the CASS, each air carrier must develop procedures that are incorporated in their manual required by § 121.133. The FDAR may employ methods similar to CASS through a direct‑access computerized database system, or through more the conventional methods of telephonic, e‑mail, and facsimile verification. The TSA may restrict the use of the FDAR through an air carrier’s TSA approved security program.

I think NetJets has a 121 cert.

Latest resources

Back