• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the airlines are so bad, and Frac pilots, the biz model so much better, then why do you ride the airlines?

Just say no. For your next tour.... just tell your company no airlining....

Why not start a grassroots movement... you can tell yourselves that you are the elitist that you serve....

Hey Rez
I no nothing about biz models. In fact I don't care, I just want all pilots to do well and if I have a pax bad mouth me believe me people listen. Any elitist frac guys want to chime in on that?

Have you meet some of the gate agents and flight attendants. I can assure you that answer is yes.

I remember jumpseating on American Eagle a few years back out of BOS. This gate agent is sitting at her podium by the door, barking information at the passengers about the delays. They're standing by her little podium trying to ask questions, and she was not the slightest bit interested in helping. She actually screamed into the PA, "Everyone back away from my podium!"

Two days later, I come back through BOS, and see the same girl (with the same caustic attitude) working the gate podium again. But there's a difference: She built herself several feet of buffer zone, all around her podium, with a bunch of Tensabarriers! She made sure those icky customers wouldn't get anywhere near her to bother her.

It was surreal...

Just wait until you see what's coming next. ;)

She'll have a special alarm installed that will go off if the pesky customers get too close...

Step away from the podium...Step away from the podium...

Line Pilot: You want answers?
Frac Pilot: I think I'm entitled to them.
Line Pilot: You want answers?
Frac Pilot: I want the truth!

Line Pilot: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has Air Lines. And those Air Lines have to flown by Line Pilots. Who's gonna do it? You, CS guy? You, Mr. NJA guy? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep in the middle seat and you curse the Air Lines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the middle seat, while tragic, probably generates revenue. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, drives revenue...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at HPN and TEB, you want me on that Airliner. You need me on that Airliner.
We use words like gate checked bags, $5 snack boxes, oversold seats...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent wondering why we're here. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a Frac pilot who works and sleeps in the middle seat of the very Air Liner I fly, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you fluff your pillow and go back to sleep. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Frac Pilot: Did you switch us to the middle seat?
Line Pilot: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Frac Pilot: Did you switch to the middle seat?
Line Pilot: You're goddamn right I did!!

Thanks REZ!! That was some funny stuff!:laugh:

That said... I am looking into buying airline stocks. I believe airline stocks will rally after the oil bubble bursts and fuel prices go down about 50% of what they are now. But I have to pick stocks of companies that will survive until then.
Voice you left out this part of my post... made in mid June 2008. Too bad I didn't predict the economy was going to collapse as well.

Now to answer your question ... Why? -- I don't know. I think it is to make sure we get through TSA.

can't tell you, its confidential.

So why did you guys post about it in another thread. Now everyone's curious why you guys need CASS. "Paying Passengers NOT airline," remember? That's like the NJA motto on FlightInfo and Airline Pilot Central Forums. Now you want to be airline crew? Make up your mind...passengers deal with TSA. Deal.
Guess you all shouldn't have been so in your face and rude to the Majors guys (and us OTHER frac guys as well).

Time to suck up again now that Santulli admitted to the NYT NetJets is going down the tubes....:p

Karma. Just never know when you might need a job, do you.
(LIKE I TOLD YOU over and over through the years).
Today's treasure = tomorrow's trash, 'member?

Latest resources

Back