• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the new point.... [since the old point that airlines are part of the frac biz model]. since the frac guys are above it and elitist to airline flying... then don't do it....

Just call your company up and say.... "I don't airline anymore...." (use the snooty tone of voice....)

Still waiting on the numbers..... anyone?

Still waiting on the numbers..... anyone?

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the preceding 14 ridiculous pages, but why exactly is it that fractional pilots need to justify our existence to you?

Do you start crap with all of your paying customers who complain about riding on your late, stinky, slow, crowded airplanes?

I really don't understand why you keep coming back to this thread (although it is entertaining).

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the preceding 14 ridiculous pages, but why exactly is it that fractional pilots need to justify our existence to you?

Do you start crap with all of your paying customers who complain about riding on your late, stinky, slow, crowded airplanes?

I really don't understand why you keep coming back to this thread (although it is entertaining).

When I started this thread I had no idea it would never die. ;) So maybe there is a problem with the airline model Huh??? We are pilots and can take constructive criticism right?:D

If the airlines are so bad, and Frac pilots, the biz model so much better, then why do you ride the airlines?

Just say no. For your next tour.... just tell your company no airlining....

Why not start a grassroots movement... you can tell yourselves that you are the elitist that you serve....

Rez,

We fly as pax on airlines because we have to ... not because we want to.

Are you trying to say airlining doesn't suck?

That said... I am looking into buying airline stocks. I believe airline stocks will rally after the oil bubble bursts and fuel prices go down about 50% of what they are now. But I have to pick stocks of companies that will survive until then.

Actually, I think most Frac guys are great... there seems to be a few whiners, cry babies and elitists, but they are in every bunch... looks like the frac guys are no different...

The NJA guys have a great contract and many guys have gone there simply for the money, work rules etc... Most guys dream of being airline pilots but that career is dead and the fracs provide a great alternative....

But it seems that the great NJA contract has gone to the heads of a small few.... just like it did in the airline pilots in late 90's....

I still recognize frac guys as my fellow pilots when they airline.... I am sure a small few think they better... but they don't speak for all of the frac guys..

If the airlines are so bad, and Frac pilots, the biz model so much better, then why do you ride the airlines?

Why not start a grassroots movement... you can tell yourselves that you are the elitist that you serve....

Riding on an airliner is NOT a bad thing.

The "customer service" received while onboard as a paying passenger is what is being objected to here.

As far as being an elitist? Not even close. We call a spade a spade. 121 service just sucks.

Actually, I did that last tour. I decided to drive home. You know what? When I got home my back didn't hurt, I got home sooner, I was in a good mood, and my bag made it with me. (Oh yeah, it was cheaper for the company too. They didn't complain 1 second).

Latest resources

Back