• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, so here's one just for OR: traveling to training in civvies, checked my rollaboard so all I had were my computer bag and a SMALL travel guitar, in a soft-sided gig bag. Gate agent was going to make me check it because it wouldn't fit perfectly in the "carry-on sizer" at the gate. Um, no. No way I'm letting the ramp monkeys destroy an $800 guitar. I've never seen a gate agent make anyone put anything in one of those sizers (not even the aforementioned "steamer trunks", but she was adamant about my guitar. I had to give her a business card with ID, and sweet-talk her a bit to get her to let me on with it. Even then, she said "OK, but the flight attendant may still make you check it if she sees it." Yeah, right.

Here's the gouge: Tell the agent you're a friend of the captain...then take it up to the cockpit. A few years ago I carried a sweet Martin D-45 in the cockpit for a guy who flies a Citation X for Target.

Deleted

Last edited:
Super. No issues here then.

Disagree.

The issue of poor airline service, and your (the collective "your") disappointment with it, still exists.

I was trying to explain WHY it exists...and why it will continue to exist. I also tried to suggest a way to improve it.

Probably too subtle for the Algonquin Round Table here.

Disagree.

The issue of poor airline service, and your (the collective "your") disappointment with it, still exists.

I was trying to explain WHY it exists...and why it will continue to exist. I also tried to suggest a way to improve it.

Probably too subtle for the Algonquin Round Table here.

Corrected to sarcasm blue....wouldn't want them to think it was a compliment.... :laugh:

Disagree.

I was trying to explain WHY it exists...
Don't wait around for the Wal-Mart crowd to incite change. If you ask the average passenger, they should be getting more for less. Solution:
-Reduce Capacity

Don't wait around for the Wal-Mart crowd to incite change. If you ask the average passenger, they should be getting more for less. Solution:
-Reduce Capacity

Props to Doug for solving the first part of the riddle!

Pricing power gets the Clampetts off the trope that they should be able to fly coast-to-coast, in a LayZBoy recliner, with supermodels peeling grapes for them all the way, for $100.

(Note to RIF: Don't you DARE try to change that to blue!)

Pricing power results in decision points being altered from pure dollars-and-cents...to service and convenience.

Consumers are used to that.

I particularly like riding on the Airbusses (Airbii)? and taxiing out with that god forsaken hydraulic or whatever noise that that thing makes under the floorboards, and seeing all the people with the nervous fidgeting, and looking at me like I know what do do about it!

in Razor sarcasm blue......

"Ladies and Gentlemen...from the flight deck welcome aboard Miserable Airlines. Looks like our ATC update is in 90mins. Keep in mind that is just an update. Also, one of the lav's is unusable. In addition we were only able to load half of your luggage. If we go back to the gate we'll lose our place in line for takeoff. If you have any questions there are two pilots in the cabin wearing golden ties sitting in seats 14E and 14F, the middle and window isle, respectively.

They will be happy to answer your questions about ATC delays, NAS modernization, operations management, and ticket pricing. In fact the gold ties means they are airline industry experts. There is no question they can't handle. Oh.. and thanks for flying Miserable Airlines. We won't be completely miserable until you are."

No frac guy on this thread wants to address reality.....

No airlines= no frac job.

You knew the airlines stunk when you signed up to airline around as a frac guy. Your choice. If you don't like the airline experience then look in the mirror and face the The Decider.... Only he can can make you ride the airlines...

Free will.....ain't it a b!tch.....

They didn't stink when I signed up at RTA way before 9/11......Open seats, full cans of diet coke. Wackenhut was the TSA back then. Heck, I remember one time flying on UAL back to my domicile out of DEN. The acft we were supposed to take broke down. A few minutes later, appeared a 747 at the gate. Took that 747 to ORD. Not only had my own row, I had my own whole section!

No airlines= no frac job.

Uh, no. No airlines - probably not 100 bases. I knew what I was getting into with NetJets when I got hired and I think it says something that our biggest complaints are crew food and having to airline. I personally try to look on the bright side of having to do it. It reinforces my decision not to even apply for a 121 airline and brings us new customers every day!

Latest resources

Back