• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I am not going to bite. From the tone of your posts I really don't think you would be a good fit here.

S'ok. Reality bites, so you don't have to!

Fortunately, you understand why you can't answer the question.

You're therefore smarter than your tone suggests.

See?

Fraternal progress!

Don't pray for, but pity those here with the chips so big there are no longer visible shoulders... Only a few years ago, NJA was the joke of the industry, and Flops was the highest paid frac. Tim...

Keep burning all those bridges everywhere, though...I'll be interested to see how that works out for you all...unfortunately, a nouveau riche (lol!) few are ruining the reps of an entire pilot group in the company. Aviation is VERY small, and I'd love to be a fly on those interview panels' walls.
Flops was never the highest paid frac.

Executive Jet International was.

I look at the FLOPS payscale on airline pilot central. The 1998 EJA CBA pays more than FLOPS pay is today for service year 10 and beyond. I will spend twice as long on the over 10 years pay than i did below 10 years of service ... IOW I would be better off on the EJA 1998 pay than I would on FLOPS pay as it stands today. .. over my intended 25 to 30 year career.

Additionally, all the work rules were better except for the basing.

Overall EJA was a better job even before 2005. IMO.... Only CS had an arguably overall better situation before 2005.

Just do us all a favor and get your house in order, Brother. You will be doing us all a favor.

Oh and BTW, I am not half as smart as my tone suggests. :laugh:

Rez, a question if you please. Who do you fly for? If you've posted it before I missed it. I ask so that I can better understand your perspective. Thanks. NJW

I think Occam is a NWA guy and Rez is US Airways... Probably West seeing that he seems to still love ALPA. US Air recently voted in a new Union (USAPA) and booted ALPA.

It's only important to know where they come from to help understand why they perceive things the way they do.

Both are involved in less than ideal merger scenarios. Stress is high...

You couldn't be more wrong. There's a reason I route all my NWA frequent-flier miles to Continental.

That's funny. I do the same thing... but to Delta

We get to see ALL the airlines, believe me. Some good, some bad.

My decison was based on the fact that I fly DAL more than NWA or CAL.

Out of the three, you gotta love the new Delta push button entertainment thingys. Very cool except for the person poking your seat from behind the whole flight.

Thanks for the chortle!

Prithee, what does it take?

Do a search. There are plenty "How do I get hired at NJA" threads.

He's right. You wouldn't make it past the Customer Service part of the interview. Owner Services would mow you down.

Pilots wouldn't be able to help you even if they liked you.

Listen to me, young man! You log off this instant, or I'm gonna tell your Dad you've been pretending to be an adult on his Web Forum while he's taking a nap! Now get back to your room and keep practicing your multiplication tables! You're never going to make it through the 3rd grade 'til you learn 'em!

1. It was a G650. (different model)
2. It was sarcasm, Einstein! [Psst! To help you, I'll post sarcasm in blue so you can tell without hurting your brain]
3. You don't have an option. You don't make enough money. Since you're unwilling to expre$$ your dissatisfaction with the airlines with your feet...you WILL give me the money...chump!

1. They are like you...they don't think either.
2. Put down the Strat and read a book. Start with "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith. Pay particular attention to "market forces" and the concept of an "invisible hand". (No, not your Prom date! "Hand" is a methaphor...)
3. NW knows how I feel about our level of customer service. They don't seem to care. It's as good as everyone else's, so as long as you, consumer boy, aren't bright enough to figure out how to change the way they treat you...cough up the money, chump!

I traded out the strat for a nice PRS. Thats the way to go!

I tell yah Razor....going from a poor airlining experience to the ole trusty book, "Wealth of Nations." Oooops, how could I forget to mention the "market forces" and that infamous, "invisible hand" now! Yaaaahhhh. Good quality junk there Razor.

Something tells me that your airline (NW) cares a little more about customer service than the ole, "fork it out chump" concept of yours!

Buuut since your customer service skills are soooo great, I thought that I would help you out a bit and post this video just for you. It will help you out in your every day life and you will become such a better person and have a more positive outlook on those supporting your pay check! I thought about some self improvement books for you too but I think a video is a better tool for someone such as yourself who is challenged in the comprehension department concerning concepts/principles in writing. Here yah go! Enjoy!

http://www.giveemthepickle.com/?atc=GOG&ctc=GEPPIC&gclid=CN3c3Ojx1JMCFQH0IgodqhShjA

I think Occam is a NWA guy and Rez is US Airways... Probably West seeing that he seems to still love ALPA. US Air recently voted in a new Union (USAPA) and booted ALPA.

Yup. I'm NWA, but Rez is not Airways. And I like ALPA too!

Both are involved in less than ideal merger scenarios. Stress is high...

Wrong.
Wrong.

You wouldn't make it past the Customer Service part of the interview. Owner Services would mow you down.

Wow, Karnak! You're good!

See if you can correctly guess which of my kidneys ached first as I was laughing at your post.

Technically, I'd be "mowed down" during the pre-application process. My shredding of the application would make it hard for the Customer Service drones to read it.

I traded out the strat for a nice PRS. Thats the way to go!

I sold my SG and bought an ES-335. I love that axe! Still have a chewed-up, but twangy Telecaster, and an Ibanez Pro (Les Paul copy, with two humbuckers).

I like the PRS, but have only noodled with one at the store.

Latest resources

Back