• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Technically, I'd be "mowed down" during the pre-application process. My shredding of the application would make it hard for the Customer Service drones to read it.

In the even that NW does go down/you get furloughed and you wind up having to interview, you will take that last statement back regarding customer service. But if you watch that pickle video time and time again, you might be able to pull the wool over some interviewer!

I sold my SG and bought an ES-335. I love that axe! Still have a chewed-up, but twangy Telecaster, and an Ibanez Pro (Les Paul copy, with two humbuckers).

I like the PRS, but have only noodled with one at the store.

I toy'd with that PRS and still am doing so. Those guitars have a slightly bigger sting to the ole wallet than your basic strat or tele. That and a nice line 6 amp would do just fine!

In the even that NW does go down/you get furloughed and you wind up having to interview, you will take that last statement back regarding customer service.

Um...no. I have independent means. I am "comfortable", and have done my last aviation interview. Thanks for the happy thoughts, though!

C'mon Razor thats not fair.

I was about to ridicule the ******************** out of you then you played the guitar card and tell us that you got a 335.

Bastard. ;)

How does it sound? I've always wanted one of those.

I'll run rings around you logically some other time. But for now I'm an admirer. You might be just an airline pilot but you're ok in my book.

-Les Paul Custom '77

Ok, so here's one just for OR: traveling to training in civvies, checked my rollaboard so all I had were my computer bag and a SMALL travel guitar, in a soft-sided gig bag. Gate agent was going to make me check it because it wouldn't fit perfectly in the "carry-on sizer" at the gate. Um, no. No way I'm letting the ramp monkeys destroy an $800 guitar. I've never seen a gate agent make anyone put anything in one of those sizers (not even the aforementioned "steamer trunks", but she was adamant about my guitar. I had to give her a business card with ID, and sweet-talk her a bit to get her to let me on with it. Even then, she said "OK, but the flight attendant may still make you check it if she sees it." Yeah, right.

I'm NEVER traveling to/from work in anything but full uniform again. It makes the travel experience so much easier, even with having to deal with all the stupid, "shouldn't you be up front? Ha ha ha!" remarks.

Last edited:
It makes the travel experience so much easier, even with having to deal with all the stupid, "shouldn't you be up front? Ha ha ha!" remarks.

I particularly like riding on the Airbusses (Airbii)? and taxiing out with that god forsaken hydraulic or whatever noise that that thing makes under the floorboards, and seeing all the people with the nervous fidgeting, and looking at me like I know what do do about it!

I particularly like riding on the Airbusses (Airbii)? and taxiing out with that god forsaken hydraulic or whatever noise that that thing makes under the floorboards, and seeing all the people with the nervous fidgeting...

Just say, "Don't worry, once the oxygen runs low down there, the dogs stop barking." :nuts:

I'm sick and tired of riding in the aisle seat, and some fatass dinosaur FA can't walk down the aisle without slapping you upside the head with her HUGE ASSCHEEK!

I really miss the days of weight restrictions on those cows.

Latest resources

Back