Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bdfg1

Random quotes from our favorite non-credible poster Ty_Webb:

"I really have to wonder at how someone develops such a deep-seated anger toward someone they never met"-03/30/2004
"In all of your posts on this board, I have yet to read one that is insightful, informative, or entertaining"-04/05/2004

"Seriously, if you believe that, you are even stupider than I gave you credit for."-03/16/2004

"He's been on this board for 7 months, and I don't think he has said one intelligent thing- and I mean not a one."-04/06/2004

"Lighten up, Francis."-07/14/2004

"Lowecur is a tedious putz"-11/20/2004

"All hail Powderfinger, our new Village Idiot."-12/16/2004

"I'll give you about 30 minutes to delete this crap, or I will ask Mark (Webmaster) to ban your IP address from the site."-01/11/2005

"Get a job. Buy a dictionary. . . . and some therapy for your homosexual panic disorder."-01/11/2005

"you're kind of an ignoramus, aren't ya?"-07/25/2005

"Boy, you guys are quick to convict."-06/21/2004
"I sat next to a NWA DC9 FO on a crew van last year that was so ugly, I couldnt decide if it had started out as a man, or if it was just the ugliest woman I had ever seen in polyester . . . . I exaggerate not."-08/31/2004

"That's great. The world needs ditch-diggers, too."-12/17/2004

"Then what would you say about someone who pays $20,000. to sit in the right seat of a B1900 and play airline pilot? Even stupider?"-12/03/2004

"people I see who don't tip are the ones with a complete lack of class, and it's pretty apparent you fall in that category"-07/26/2005

"Sure, I could make a lot more money at some other carriers, but money isn't everything."-06/05/2004
"what I would do if I were you is make as much money as you can"-03/21/2005

"I am NOT patting myself on the back, far from it."-09/23/2004

"I have been here three years and am in the left seat of a brand-new B737-700."-12/18/2004

"I've been on this board for over 7 years, pal."-01/10/2005(as a side note his join date is Dec. 2001)

"I make over $100,000 a year"-07/24/2005

I don't know either one of you, but I must question the time and effort involved in amassing such a list of quotes. Must have been alot of cutting and pasting.

Looks like someone needs to get a dictionary and look up the definition of Hypocrisy.

Not one of those statements demonstrated any sort of Hypocrisy in any shape, matter, or form.

If you don't like what Ty posts then fine. Argue with him all you want. But this thread that YOU posted makes you look like an idiot and a douche. I am guessing Massingale.

Well, I think these two quotes are somewhat hypocritical.

and…

"I have been here three years and am in the left seat of a brand-new B737-700."-12/18/2004

Humm, sounds like he’s patting himself on the back for getting to the left seat of that B737-700. Now, if it was an old -200 series 73 then maybe a different story.

I don't always agree with Ty, but have not found him to be hypocritical. I admire his incisive wit, even if he is occasionally wrong. As to his joining date for the board, this board has gone through several different formats. The current one required everyone to re-register. I have been lurking around the board for close to 7 years as well, although my joining date would not reflect it. With only 8 posts, you haven't given us much material to work with, but given enough time, I am sure you will post something which will result in the attention you so desperately crave.

RJones said:
Well, I think these two quotes are somewhat hypocritical.

and…

Humm, sounds like he’s patting himself on the back for getting to the left seat of that B737-700. Now, if it was an old -200 series 73 then maybe a different story.

That is far from hypocrisy. Airtran flies B-737-700's and he upgraded to B-737-700 in 3 years. From what I can see Ty has posted a true statement.
I dont think the patting of the back statement and the upgrade statement have anything in common. Nor are the hypocritical.

I was hired at AA when I was 27 years old. I am not patting myself on the back either. Is that a hypocrtical statement if it is the truth?

"Boy, you guys are quick to convict."-06/21/2004
"I sat next to a NWA DC9 FO on a crew van last year that was so ugly, I couldnt decide if it had started out as a man, or if it was just the ugliest woman I had ever seen in polyester . . . . I exaggerate not."-08/31/2004

Duuuuude, you gots a piece a dat too? Ty Guy, my brother from another mother, I gots me somma dat too when I was doin' sum time in Minnie. I had me so many brewskis dat I just had to gimmie some a dat FO. Duuude, I still cant figure out if it was a he or a she, but a little freaking wild thing, yeah, a freaking wild thing in polyester....Yeah, I'd gimmie summa dat again. I tinkin' dat my man Ty got him sum too....Yeah, not knowin if its a he or a she is half da fun, right Ty?

Humm, this is the way I viewed it. I’m not patting myself on the back, but I did upgrade to the 737-700 in three years… maybe not.

I know Ty , probably better now since he's been swinging in the crew room in slacks so tight you can tell what religion he is. Anyway most of the time I see him we have a good laugh about this board. He's not an egomaniac, he's very laid back. We were both lucky to arrive at a place where the upgrade time has never been more than 3 years due to our growth. Even though we are going through contract negotiations this is still a goood place to work. I'm sure Ty would agree that we are fortunate to be paid a decent wage to do something we love to do. AirTran may not be the best Place to work, but it is better than the place I was at before and the place before that. We are winners right now just like southwest and JetBlue. The fortunes of business can change in an instant, but right now I'm on a winning team and it feels good. That's why most, if not all the AT guys on this board are upbeat.

fletch717 said:
We are winners right now just like southwest and JetBlue. The fortunes of business can change in an instant, but right now I'm on a winning team and it feels good. That's why most, if not all the AT guys on this board are upbeat.

"Winners right now"? I guess I'm not following you. If you mean the 50% decline in quarterly profits last quarter versus last year ... a whopping $11 million ... is that what you are referring to? If fuel increases a nickel a gallon Airtran's barely visible profit disappears. With global oil consumption on the rise (NOT decline!) and US oil refining capacity running at 98.7% ... nearly all oil industry experts are predicting higher prices. Is that what you are touting as being a winner?

Surely you don't equate hiring with being a "winner", do you? Are Airtran pilots "winners" because such a large number of SCABS are employed there? I mean just what exactly is it that makes you feel like you are on a winning team? Surely the lack of progress in your contract talks can't be giving you that "winning" feeling. Wages and schedules at Airtran are not anywhere near industry leading ... so I fail to see where the "winning" connection is made there? In order to "win", you have to be better, not just "participate" in the same industry.

Are you getting paid to fly airplanes? Yes. But Airtran's pay is based on the smallest aircraft that qualifies for the majors. Definitely not a "winner" in the major earnings bracket. Furthermore, by all early indications, Airtran management does not appear likely to reward you with pay increases as would be expected for a "winning" team. International flying? Oops ... not a "winner" there ... unless you consider a few destinations south as the sum total of your "international" network.

Not too long ago, a single airplane crash nearly resulted in this company's liquidation. Though not the fault of anyone directly employed by the company, this event was so devastating to the precarious financial standing of the company that a name change was considered crucial to its survival (thus Valujet became Airtran). IMHO, this is illustrative for its financial implications and the very heavy debt load Airtran carries. By any measure, Airtran is heavily leveraged and dependent on an uninterrupted stream of income for its very survival.

While some may argue Airtran is a decent place to work, I fail to see where it hits a home run to become the "winning" ball club. Perhaps someone at Airtran can share with the rest of us why some feel this is the "winning" place to be.

BBB

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back