• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hypocrisy at its finest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vabb, you may fly a big plane and make more than I do, But I don't really care. I guess our individual ideas of success are based on the starting point. I can only guess that I grew up with less than you, so my perception of success is the sacrafice I had to endure to reach my goals. I am profoundly greatful for all that I have achieved. Maybe that is the difference between you and I.

fletch717 said:
Vabb, Someone once said "you should never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"

For july I flew 78.02 hours got paid 102.83hours 15 days off + 515.25 per diem

our contract has many pay overrides like a major, the average line for july was 85 hours of credit which is much more than a major. instead of flying 30 hours and getting 75 hours of pay. we fly more therefore our credit is much more.

If you knew more about our contract you would be able to understand how this works.

Here's an example 1 leg to dca block 1:44 dept 2020 arr 2204 RON
1 leg to atl block 1:51 dept 1405 arr 1546

block 3:05 pay 8:00

I have a bid sort program, I have it set up for 3day trips but I want max time when I work so I set my parameters for 6+ hours a day of credit . I usually get one 4day on my line which brings my credit up.

This is all very nice, really. But just for the record, I don't really care what you make or how you make it.

I personally would not go through this much trouble to prove to anybody how much I make. If I chose to tell them, and they chose to think otherwise so be it. I know how much I make and it really doesen't matter what anyone else thinks.

I have never typed how much I make on this board, let alone given a breakdown about how I did it. What each one makes is his/her own business.

I get tired of people saying "I made this much", or "I make this much and have this much time off". Good, who cares? Enjoy the money and the time off and quit trying to prove to everyone how much you make. (general statement to everyone, not pointed just at you)

I saw your claim of making $150,000.00 as a 6th year captain and having 14-17 days off per month. Great, I'm very proud of you. I go to a website, pull of some numbers and offer my opinion for nothing more than kicks and giggles.

Again, I wouldn't spend one of my days off giving myself a stroke trying to prove what I make to some clown on an internet message board who I don't even know.

fletch717 said:
Vabb, you may fly a big plane and make more than I do, But I don't really care. I guess our individual ideas of success are based on the starting point. I can only guess that I grew up with less than you, so my perception of success is the sacrafice I had to endure to reach my goals. I am profoundly greatful for all that I have achieved. Maybe that is the difference between you and I.

By bragging about your 14-17 days off and your $150,000.00/yr as a 6th year captain, your humbleness and humility shine through. That's part of the reason for me bringing up the numbers and my opinions.

Do you think that the difference between you and I is that you are greatful for all that you have achieved and I am not?

Maybe, maybe not. I'll say this much: unless I'm being sarcastic, I'm not as arrogant as you to make a statement such as that against someone I don't even know. But, maybe that is just one difference between me and you, arrogance.

Again, I keep my finances to myself and am quite humble about my achievemants. Just for the record, I have acheived a lot and I am greatful. Not saying that my achievements are any better or worse than yours, just that I am greatful for them and they are greater than I ever imagined them to be. Some have asked me to tell them who I work for. I could, but they will just deny it and say I'm lying. Fine, like I said before, I know how much I make and who I report for duty with, regardless of what some clowns on an anonymous message board think.

I honestly don't care what anyone thinks.

Vabb, The reason for posting my info was to dispute the claim that we make poverty wages. Everyone knows what we all make, generally speaking.

The only reason I posted how it was done is because you said I was wrong.

As for your attempt at humility, you posted this on 7-26-05 on the thread titled AirTran : post #36 "Just for the record, my airplane is quite larger, as is my W-2 earnings. What I make as a fourth year FO is at least as much as your top Captain's pay." According to the latest posted salary information for all airlines, that's not really a true statement.

"I keep my finances to myself and am quite humble about my achievemants." Based on the above mentioned post, that's not really a true statement either. (Not to mention that maybe you should use the spell checker before posting, Mr. Humility.)

I have serious doubts, based on your posts, about your actual position in the aviation world. But when you go to your flying job again, please say hi to the tin man for me.

fletch717 said:
As for your attempt at humility, you posted this on 7-26-05 on the thread titled AirTran : post #36 "Just for the record, my airplane is quite larger, as is my W-2 earnings. What I make as a fourth year FO is at least as much as your top Captain's pay." .

I love how this thread has come full circle, Vabb now being the hypocrite.

Vaab, you sound like a little kid. Now that you're proven wrong you say "oh yeah, well I didn't really care in the first place".

-9Capt said:
I love how this thread has come full circle, Vabb now being the hypocrite.

The only thing I like about this thread is your avatar! You could bounce a quarter off that chick!

Who's got the ruler?

This has turned into a measuring contest. "My plane is bigger than yours......"

YIKES

Why is it that people (some, not all) seem to get miserable the further along they get in their career? Why do I know guys that have left my outfit and wish they were back, making less money, but having more fun. I don't get it, but maybe I just realize that our time on this rock is VERY finite. Have some FUN, and stop being a tool (Yes, VABB, pointing at you)

-Pilatus Pusher

fletch717 said:
Vabb, The reason for posting my info was to dispute the claim that we make poverty wages. Everyone knows what we all make, generally speaking.

The only reason I posted how it was done is because you said I was wrong.

As for your attempt at humility, you posted this on 7-26-05 on the thread titled AirTran : post #36 "Just for the record, my airplane is quite larger, as is my W-2 earnings. What I make as a fourth year FO is at least as much as your top Captain's pay." According to the latest posted salary information for all airlines, that's not really a true statement.

"I keep my finances to myself and am quite humble about my achievemants." Based on the above mentioned post, that's not really a true statement either. (Not to mention that maybe you should use the spell checker before posting, Mr. Humility.)

I have serious doubts, based on your posts, about your actual position in the aviation world. But when you go to your flying job again, please say hi to the tin man for me.

Again, I don't really care what you believe/not believe.

Actually, I do keep my finances to my self, your statement is still false. If you noticed (which you obviously didn't), I didn't post any numbers.

Your last paragraph sums up a lot about your attitude and many on this board. Again, you have no idea who I am or where I fly, but you sure have your doubts about where my position in this industry is.

Even if I told you where I fly you would still come back with some child-like comment. "Oh no you don't, I can tell by the way act here that it isn't true." Say hi to the tin-man? Clmon dude, that sounds like something you would hear on the playground.

But getting back to my original thought. Read your first sentence again. If the whole world believes you are making poverty wages, is that going to be reflected in your paycheck? Really, why give yourself a heart attack trying to prove to everybody just how much you make, unless what people think about your wages really bothers you that much. If people don't believe how much I make, it really does not matter. What they want to think and what I really make are not the same. And I'm sure as heck not going to spend all of my free time trying to prove to someone on an anonymous message board exactly what I make and how I make it.

Just like your "tin man" comment. It does not matter where you think I fly or don't fly. I don't care. I still report for duty and fly my trips, regardless of what you think. Go ahead and have your doubts. If that's what makes you happy, I'm not going to stop you.

Geronimo4497 said:
This has turned into a measuring contest. "My plane is bigger than yours......"

YIKES

Why is it that people (some, not all) seem to get miserable the further along they get in their career? Why do I know guys that have left my outfit and wish they were back, making less money, but having more fun. I don't get it, but maybe I just realize that our time on this rock is VERY finite. Have some FUN, and stop being a tool (Yes, VABB, pointing at you)

-Pilatus Pusher

Who says I'm unhappy? I happen to be very happy and content at my airline.

By the way, I am having fun. I have never seen a group of people (-9Capt, Fletch, etc) get so wrapped around the axle so easily over the dumbest things. For all you know, I could be in a crashpad somewhere with other pilots and we all have a lot of time on our hands.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back