• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How's that Lynx thing working out?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is another stupid uninformed regional, um well tard.

You may disagree with his conclusions about Lynx, but I think you may be over-playing your hand by asserting he or she is uninformed or stupid.

I would expect anyone who jumps on-board a start-up to be pretty defensive when that start-up is questioned. It's like having your own thought-process and decision-making questioned, no?

Last edited:
You may disagree with his conclusions about Lynx, but I think you may be over-playing your hand by asserting he or she is uninformed or stupid.

I would expect anyone who jumps on-board a start-up to be pretty defensive when that start-up is questioned. It's like having your own though-process and decision-making questioned, no?
Well judging by his comments, he is stupid and uninformed.

1. Lynx is waiting for FAA approval.. just a slow process.. no known problems.. just slow.

2. The pay rates are pre-certification... while no promises are being made, there is a chance they will increase when there is a revenue stream.

cale
1. I think that they are unable to get approval to go to these places.
http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=76673

2. And I have a chance to win the lottery and go out with Terri Hatcher too.

Mainline pilots are all too good to fly turbo-props anyway. Just ask AA flow-backs, not a single one flowed back into a turbo-prop at eagle.

That would be because T-Prop guys were not allowed to flow through due to the wording of the agreement. Only jet guys could flow. So no flow option equal no flowback options.

Ya, because the Q400 is going to be taking over the A319's mountain destinations...tard.

Mainline pilots are all too good to fly turbo-props anyway. Just ask AA flow-backs, not a single one flowed back into a turbo-prop at eagle.
Ha, the uninformed continue to amaze me. Letter 3 did not allow the flowbacks to go into a prop.

Wow, I'm hurt that someone would think that I want anything but the best for an outfit conjured up to whipsaw a mainline pilot group with pilots being paid a fraction of the going rates for the equipment they're in.

L! Y! N! X! Lynx!Lynx!Lynx!

You might want to try and verify your facts before making such an obvious and bitter little blunder. What you stated is entirely incorrect.

You might want to try and verify your facts before making such an obvious and bitter little blunder. What you stated is entirely incorrect.

What'd you expect from a 'tard? ;)

But seriously, what part is incorrect? That they're being paid a fraction of the going rates?

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/horizon_air.html

Or that they're a whipsaw against mainline? Well, for sure there's a big@ss gap between a 76 seat Q400 and a A319...but if you don't think that depressed rates on smaller equipment doesn't put downward pressure on rates for larger equipment, you haven't been paying attention the last six years.

What'd you expect from a 'tard? ;)

But seriously, what part is incorrect? That they're being paid a fraction of the going rates?

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/horizon_air.html

Or that they're a whipsaw against mainline? Well, for sure there's a big@ss gap between a 76 seat Q400 and a A319...but if you don't think that depressed rates on smaller equipment doesn't put downward pressure on rates for larger equipment, you haven't been paying attention the last six years.

I have been paying attention for the last 25+ years, and I certainly don't like the downward trend that airlines seem to feel justified in paying pilots either. That said, there seem to be two issues that are incorrect, in my humble opinion:

1. The pay: it's a startup airline. Virgin America is paying their pilots squat, largely because of the high costs associated with starting an airline - costs that we, over at mainline, are painfully feeling. I agree that, eventually, the pilots should be paid more, but please keep in mind that Horizon has been around quite a bit longer than little ol' Lynx, which doesn't even have a certificate, thanks in part, as I understand it, to some vindictive behavior by our wonderful and ever-so-progressive FAA. Ah, the ignorant bliss of being a powerful government organization with relatively no oversight. But I digress.

2. Whipsawing mainline: this was a fear at the beginning, when F9 management announced this "wonderful moneymaker for F9" with essentially no scope clause in effect. While F9 management had the ABILITY to whipsaw the groups, there were statements made by management that they had "no intention of doing so." Without taking management's word for it, FAPA (the mainline pilots' union) negotiated a scope clause that is about as airtight as a scope clause can be, and it was approved by the pilots of F9 mainline. The merits of the scope clause have since been debated, but in any case, there was no whipsawing that went on.

I am quickly growing weary of blatant statements made with the intent of launching grenades, not making accurate statements or even expressing a simple opinion. Tard is a prime example of this, and I would strongly suggest counseling. Not every airline is as dysfunctional as the one he is apparently working for, nor are all pilots bitter and angry.

Latest resources

Back