• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How USAPA's futile stand exacerbates the AA bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love it how a couple of westicles make a post about how bad the east is and the usual suspects- fubiJERK and the Geneitsl jump on the band wagon. Loosers!
AWA pilots were and still are the doormat to this industry. Drug dealers, strike breakers, you name it these clowns have done it. They are lucky to have survived to this point. Their precious PHX base is worthless and they were banging on deaths door in 2005 when Lakefitld put the deal together. That's a fact!

East pilots know that seniority is everything. They have been through many mergers that hurt their progression. By default they're done giving seniority to younger pilots. They're just wired that way. Yes, the pay rates for the East would be higher if they had agreed to the arbitrated list. However, under that list they would be demoted to smaller planes, pushed to right seats and suffer losing their schedules! East stood their ground on the principle of West asking for too much.

A merger with AMR will end this stalemate. USAPA knows that the arbitrated list will be used in a merger as the only official reference point to seniority integration. The East pilots will be satisfied having held on to their seniority until retirements kick in and the merger is complete—"Mission accomplished."

Both East and West are equally responsible for where LLC is now.West is not innocent, they asked for too much and ironically have gotten nothing yet.

An LLC/AMR merger will provide enough positive incentive for everyone to move on and enjoy the seniority wave. :beer:

I'm sorry, but there is only one accurate sentence in your entire post. I highlighted it for you in case you were wondering which one it was.

The pay would have been high enough to more than offset the gains realized by the few who got temporary upgrades. Again- 4 stripes does not pay the bills or for vacations-
It's an emotional temper tantrum- that's it- bc of the bk contract- it's been to everyone's detriment- but mostly to the East's detriment. Time to extend an olive branch and fill up with some redemption-

I love it how a couple of westicles make a post about how bad the east is and the usual suspects- fubiJERK and the Geneitsl jump on the band wagon. Loosers!
AWA pilots were and still are the doormat to this industry. Drug dealers, strike breakers, you name it these clowns have done it. They are lucky to have survived to this point. Their precious PHX base is worthless and they were banging on deaths door in 2005 when Lakefitld put the deal together. That's a fact!

Spell much? What are "loosers"?

I know I will blasted here for lowering the bar, whatever that bar is. Yea darn those people buying tickets always looking for a lower price, funny over on the other place a pilot is trying buy a ticket for his girlfriend to go to SNF. He is asking for advice on how to get the lowest cost ticket.

De-reg has made the industry we have today and most of the people posting here today would not be pilots without de-reg.

Life was good for a few pilots under regulation. There are probably 4-5 times as many pilot’s jobs now as there was in 1977. Back in reg time it was about 90% military that went to the majors. De-reg opened up a lot of airline job to non-military pilots. To return to regulation would raise ticket prices, reduce the number of passengers, and therefore reduce the number of pilots needed. Still is still a great way to make a living with wage in the upper brakets of all wage earners in the world

I'm sorry, but there is only one accurate sentence in your entire post. I highlighted it for you in case you were wondering which one it was.

Actually, that is not even correct. Having already entered an agreement ab initio to binding arbitration, it removed any "ability" for the East to "choose to accept" the award. Agreement to binding arbitration is res ipsa loquitur

The pay would have been high enough to more than offset the gains realized by the few who got temporary upgrades. Again- 4 stripes does not pay the bills or for vacations-
It's an emotional temper tantrum- that's it- bc of the bk contract- it's been to everyone's detriment- but mostly to the East's detriment. Time to extend an olive branch and fill up with some redemption-

How much were the proposed pay increases in the Kirby proposal for the EMB190, B757/767 and A330? How about the loss of minimum fleet count which could have eventually put a lot of people, Pilots, FA's, Mech.s, Agents etc. on the street due to aircraft reductions.

Your picking the wrong group to battle. It's management and their lack of any real contract offers and leadership that's keeping this pilot group apart. Mngt. loves where we're at, and will keep us here as long as they can.

Both East and West are equally responsible for where LLC is now. West is not innocent, they asked for too much and ironically have gotten nothing yet.

Man, what an effed-up version of reality you have. All the West asks for is the arbitrated list both sides agreed to abide by. If justice is served one day you'll pay dearly for your treachery.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back