• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How USAPA's futile stand exacerbates the AA bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how AWA pilots would have voted if the arbitraitor gave DOH and no conditions and restrictions. Would the West have blocked the vote under ALPA merger policy or would they just have given in. The arbitration is not as binding as you think. If it was, it would have been enforced.

The West had the power never to implement the Arbitration just like the East does. I wonder why the East is fine with seperate ops. The Windfall Nic is showing more and more. Just look how many pilots a bottom West pilot would have under him even though they took over 23% of east jobs.

Just ask any of your former classmates at TWA. I wonder why you do not want to go back. MKW is just next to ORD. I guess like like the MKW PHX commute.

M

So any guesses on when the 60 day notices to furlough are coming? And how many? (from AA)

The Easties are complete wheenies. They have "sullied" themselves because they agreed to something, didn't like the outcome, and then turned into complete turds. A handshake from them or a signature means NOTHING. They deserve their low pay.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey General -

pretty big talker behind your keyboard - you have no clue about anything over here. Stick to your international layovers and don't worry about us!

Metrojet

I wonder how AWA pilots would have voted if the arbitraitor gave DOH and no conditions and restrictions. Would the West have blocked the vote under ALPA merger policy or would they just have given in. The arbitration is not as binding as you think. If it was, it would have been enforced.

The West had the power never to implement the Arbitration just like the East does. I wonder why the East is fine with seperate ops. The Windfall Nic is showing more and more. Just look how many pilots a bottom West pilot would have under him even though they took over 23% of east jobs.

adam you are a tool. Just ask any of your former classmates at TWA. I wonder why you do not want to go back. MKW is just next to ORD. I guess like like the MKW PHX commute.

M

Ahh, the Gulfstream pretender returns.

West pilots knew that DOH was a possible outcome of the arbitration because by definition anything can happen in an arbitration. I don't know anyone who had not braced for DOH as a possible outcome.

The east pilots on the other hand seemed to KNOW that DOH was the only possible outcome. History has proven them collectively stupid and this is just another piece of evidence.

A windfall is a furloughed pilot becoming senior to a lineholding captain.

The Nicolau is was and will be fair.

Hey General -

pretty big talker behind your keyboard - you have no clue about anything over here. Stick to your international layovers and don't worry about us!

Metrojet

Actually the General is spot on.

You've got a lot of keyboard machismo yourself.

It's telling that your primary defenders are flightInfo laughingstock like MCDU.

Ahh, the Gulfstream pretender returns.

West pilots knew that DOH was a possible outcome of the arbitration because by definition anything can happen in an arbitration. I don't know anyone who had not braced for DOH as a possible outcome.

The east pilots on the other hand seemed to KNOW that DOH was the only possible outcome. History has proven them collectively stupid and this is just another piece of evidence.

A windfall is a furloughed pilot becoming senior to a lineholding captain.

The Nicolau is was and will be fair.

Actually the General is spot on.

You've got a lot of keyboard machismo yourself.

It's telling that your primary defenders are flightInfo laughingstock like MCDU.

Well said!

HTML:

adam you are a tool. Just ask any of your former classmates at TWA. I wonder why you do not want to go back. MKW is just next to ORD. I guess like like the MKW PHX commute.

M
Ableone is right. I know I braced for DOH, and frankly was rather worried it, or some thing close to it, was going to come to pass. It's true, we could have voted no on an agreement, but it would have been shortly obvious how futile that would have been in the long term.

What the west definitely could not have pulled off is the skullduggery the east has. Prater and alpo would have told us to pound sand. And our own 2% terror machine and scumbag lawyer would have been out of the question.

You're not talking apples to apples here.

They deserve their low pay.

Maybe so, but as waveflyer has aptly pointed out, they aren't the only ones who suffer as a result. The APA pilots are going to have to face a bankruptcy judge who is going to hear arguments from AMR's attorneys claiming that the USAirways wages are "market rates." Meanwhile, you and we will be in Section 6 next year, and United is already in negotiations. Alaska starts in another year. The Airways rates are an anchor on all of us. They may deserve what they're getting, but it's the rest of us who will suffer right along with them.

Maybe so, but as waveflyer has aptly pointed out, they aren't the only ones who suffer as a result. The APA pilots are going to have to face a bankruptcy judge who is going to hear arguments from AMR's attorneys claiming that the USAirways wages are "market rates." Meanwhile, you and we will be in Section 6 next year, and United is already in negotiations. Alaska starts in another year. The Airways rates are an anchor on all of us. They may deserve what they're getting, but it's the rest of us who will suffer right along with them.

Kind of like America West and Valujet (i mean Airtran) was when USAIR, United and Delta went into Ch 11. Thanks PFT_128 for being part of the problem. Your Airline started this and it all started when you went to Gulfstream. You are the problem. Thanks for the suffering your kind has created for all the real pilots that got hired at real airlines. PFT and mergers are the only way a tool like you can get hired. You are an ALPA hypocrite and you are now complaining about something you were part of starting.

M

Kind of like America West and Valujet (i mean Airtran) was when USAIR, United and Delta went into Ch 11. Thanks PFT_128 for being part of the problem. Your Airline started this and it all started when you went to Gulfstream. You are the problem. Thanks for the suffering your kind has created for all the real pilots that got hired at real airlines. PFT and mergers are the only way a tool like you can get hired. You are an ALPA hypocrite and you are now complaining about something you were part of starting.

M
Welcome to the club PCL, here I thought I was the source of the problem.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back