• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How To Pre-flight A Flops B.j.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HOLY CRAP! I just looked at my Beechjet and it doesn't even have ailerons, let alone aileron trim, I guess we're down for a while! ;)

(Hope this didn't sound too snarky, just havin' fun with ya)

As Carlos Mencia would say. . .dee dee dee!!!!! :0

I really should quit drinking so early in the morining.

Don't forget the lights

No not the ones in Cleveland that will soon be going out, the emergency lights in the door. Can't mdl that one. I always sump the tanks everyday too so if I do have a double engine flameout my family can sue if our outcome is not as fortunate as the previous two. Often times the sumps will be leaking, drip,drip, drip. And always check the lav and make sure it is operational first preflight of the week to prepare for the sh$tstorm headed your way for the week.

Last edited:
A personal favorite ... missing LED's on the clocks. You'd be surprised how many planes have both clocks broken ... naughty, naughty, no IFR!

Also, check the knife valve on the crapper. It is MEL-able, but a real live mechanic must come out and disconnect the electrical. Can be a real problem out on the back 40.

Missing screws around the access panels ... found one plane missing 28!!!

Orange color coming through the paint around a screw or rivet ... must be corrosion, and that is BAD for airplanes.

Cracks around the TR's. Use the breaks more and you won't have to worry about it. :laugh:

Feed back from the hand held mikes.

More to follow ....

Here's a serious one

I've had the pilot seat belt come off in my hand.

It's held by what looks like a simple stove bolt. Imagine how secure it was on the previous flight, when it was hanging by a few threads.

Can a pilot fix it? I doubt it. No tools or torque setting info. Not only is it a grounding item, it is a crappy design.

Check this one close. Your family will thank you.

Had that happen, and you have to have a mechanic fix it.

They asked if I had all the parts ... I said, "What parts";)

sweeet

Cracks around the TR's. Use the breaks more and you won't have to worry about it. :laugh:

You're killing me DASH, I needed a good laugh. I remember when I used to never touch the brakes before turning off the runway. Just giving em more money to fight us.

Who ever coined the phrase steal a dollar from a pilot and he'll cost you ten hit the nail right on the head!

Don't forget about the foil coated fire retardent blankets in the main landing gear wells. Torn, punctured or missing the foil coating? No go according to QA. (Also the "Discrepancy du jour" according to MX control.)

LMAO!

They have no idea what is about to hit them.....:smash:

A Few more

Engage the autopilot prior to doing the stall test. When the stick shaker comes on, it MUST also disconnect the autopilot.

Run your elevator trim full down and full up. If the needle pass the RED limit marks ... broke.

On battery power only, run your rudder trim from full right to left or visa versa. The rudder must have full travel in less than 64 seconds per the mx manual.

When selecting flaps 30, be sure they indicate 30, not 29 not 31 ... can you tell me what REF is for a flaps 29 or 31 approach, didn't think so. :p

More to follow

Just do the 2nd segment climb numbers. That is usually a no-go item at NJA.

Latest resources

Back