How proud are GJ pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yea,
Don’t even start to get a warm feeling of respect for that craphole you work at. It has no history (any good) or tradition/respect in this industry. So don’t get your panties in a wad defending it. Its a garbage can filled with garbage and you are a big-mac wrapper. You are the AIDS monkey...

FlyHIToo said:
1st off I cannot bielive I am responding to this post....

For the record... I work at GJ and I do not hide my ID or bag tag. Nor do any of the people I with. Never have I even heard anyone try to make Gateway sound like Getway. Normally when a controller says Getaway the GJ crews put an emphases on GATEway. All you are trying to do is throw out FLAMEBAIT.

Every time I have seen a GJ guy in a terminal they have had their IDs either hidden or turned around. Even in the training center they walk around with their heads down and split like rats when a TSA guy gets close to them.

great cornholio said:
Every time I have seen a GJ guy in a terminal they have had their IDs either hidden or turned around. Even in the training center they walk around with their heads down and split like rats when a TSA guy gets close to them.

Don't flatter yourself!

Maybe they can be proud that they don't wear a Worthless Windbreaker like there mesa brothers. GJ you filthy wastes of skin.

Halo_RJdriver said:
Maybe they can be proud that they don't wear a Worthless Windbreaker like there mesa brothers. GJ you filthy wastes of skin.

Agree, the windbreakers look HORRIBLE. and GJ are a waste of skin.

Regional pilots pissed off at regional pilots for taking jobs away? Isn't that the whole existence of the regionals - to take jobs away from the majors?

Isn't this "the pot calling the kettle black?" Maybe the truth hurts, but the reality is that major airline jobs have been sacrificied to the regionals because of the lower costs, and the GJ experiment is just the next step.

Resocha said:
Isn't this "the pot calling the kettle black?" Maybe the truth hurts, ...

YES, on both counts....:rolleyes:

It's the ones that ask why someone would go to work at a scumbag operation like GJs that crack me up. TSA was, is, and always will be a scummy operation. So all of the TSA pilots need to ask themselves the same thing or just keep their mouths shut...

Not flamebait - honest question:

I'm not defending GJ or anyone that goes to work there, but I have a question.... what makes GJ any different than Freedom Air besides the ALPA representation? What makes GJ different from CHQ pilots who have "taken jobs" from ASA and Comair pilots?

I mean honestly, if GJ were hiring 200 hr pilots and requiring them to pay $20K to work there (like at least one Florida outfit), I think it would be a more salient point. It looks to me like they have hired quality pilots.

And what's the difference in GJ pilots putting food on their tables? It's not like this is struck work - if the TSA pilots were on strike, they (GJ) would be scum, but what diffentiates TSA families from GJ families? Sure, they (TSA) got there first and have paid more dues - that point cannot be argued, but doesn't the TSA pilot union bear at least some responsibility for this?

Ok, that's more than one question I realize. And I'm not looking to start any name calling or wars. Just honest questions.

Thanks,
Time

Resocha said:
Isn't that the whole existence of the regionals - to take jobs away from the majors?

No.

Regional airlines exist today in their current form because DALPA refused to fly 50 seat small jets back in the early 1990s. They were too good for the RJ, and let the commuter prop trash step up to the 'big leagues' with a tiny jet. Now mainline unions are fighting to take those planes back that they discarded over a decade ago, but they don't want anything to do with the pilots currently flying them.

Time2Spare said:
but I have a question.... what makes GJ any different than Freedom Air besides the ALPA representation?

Very little. Both Go Jet and Freedom Air are management created alter-ego airlines meant to dodge scope of mainline partners while weakening the negotiating power (and income potential) of ALPA-represented pilots whose hard work provided the profits with which to create said alter-ego. Pilots that took jobs at both places selfishly jumped the seniority system and in turn stabbed the backs of the original pilots.

The difference is that CHQ was not started by ASA management.

G0jet was started by TRANS STATES HOLDINGS for the purpose of getting cheap labor instead of using thier own pilots. Now, knowing that TSH started G0jet, hired people off the street to staff the airline instead of hiring F/O's and letting the TSA pilots bid on the new aircraft thru seniority, why would anyone WANT to work there? I wouldn't trust TSH for one minute after watching what they did thier own employees, just wait and see what they will do with the G0jet pilots when a financial manuever will benifit the company.

The other difference is that TSH can transfer "assets" from one company to the other at ANY TIME. This means aircraft and routes, but, as the NMB has ruled, they are "seperate companies". We had to pick up G0jet routes when they couldn't staff the airline correctly. They have the ability to shrink TSA at thier own convenience to get around organized labor. Any eagle guys care to comment on how things were before all of the small airlines were organized into what we now know as "eagle"?

This is not about the pilots, its about a shady management group, trying to not reward current employees. I don't care who flies for G0jet, I feel sorry for them that they purposely put themselves into the fire, and seem to really trust the company.

Latest resources

Back