Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Drill Sgt. Dad

Fugitive Recovery Agent
GJ pilots are really proud of themselves. I was riding on a UAL flight, since being furloughed I am out of the aviation loop, I decided to pick up the heaedsets on a UAL mainline flight and listen to ATC on channel 9. It seems GJ's call sign is Gateway, but I heard at least 4 different flights say the call sign so fast, or try to pronounce it to sound like Getaway (USA300). I saw somebody I knew real well in the terminal at ORD. I was shocked when he told me he was at GJ. I also noticed, they hide thier IDs and the turn thier bags around or removed the stickers off their flight bags. They were trying to be discreet (sp) and hide the fact of who they were or who they worked for. Now that's what I call being proud of themselves and proud of who they work for.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
GJ pilots are really proud of themselves. I was riding on a UAL flight, since being furloughed I am out of the aviation loop, I decided to pick up the heaedsets on a UAL mainline flight and listen to ATC on channel 9. It seems GJ's call sign is Gateway, but I heard at least 4 different flights say the call sign so fast, or try to pronounce it to sound like Getaway (USA300). I saw somebody I knew real well in the terminal at ORD. I was shocked when he told me he was at GJ. I also noticed, they hide thier IDs and the turn thier bags around or removed the stickers off their flight bags. They were trying to be discreet (sp) and hide the fact of who they were or who they worked for. Now that's what I call being proud of themselves and proud of who they work for.

1st off I cannot bielive I am responding to this post....

For the record... I work at GJ and I do not hide my ID or bag tag. Nor do any of the people I with. Never have I even heard anyone try to make Gateway sound like Getway. Normally when a controller says Getaway the GJ crews put an emphases on GATEway. All you are trying to do is throw out FLAMEBAIT.

FlyHIToo said:

For the record... I work at GJ and I do not hide my ID or bag tag. Nor do any of the people I with. Never have I even heard anyone try to make Gateway sound like Getway. Normally when a controller says Getaway the GJ crews put an emphases on GATEway. All you are trying to do is throw out FLAMEBAIT.

I have a question.. If you GJ pilots are so dammed proud of where you work, why is it that the ones on this board (i.e. yourself and FuelFlow) created brand new usernames on this site whenever you went to work over there? Don't tell me you didn't start posting here until you went to work for GJ. I don't buy that.

Be men and post under your original usernames.

Last edited:
He's Batman.

FlyHIToo said:

SCAB.

Funny i was in St. Louis the other day and saw 3 of the rat bastards walking on the ramp and i asked the Ramper what they were doing and he told me that they didnt like to walk through the terminal unless they had to so they usually walked on the ramp to another door way instead of going up the jetway. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

honest question here, but where did most GJetters come from? are lots of them UAL furloughees? cargo guys? what is the mix?

utahpilot said:
honest question here, but where did most GJetters come from? are lots of them UAL furloughees? cargo guys? what is the mix?

Supposedly quite a few came from Eagle, some from RegionsAir, some from TSA, some furloughed from TWA. Seems to be a large mix of folks with prior 121 experience that justify their decision because they were displeased with ALPA. Somehow that makes it okay to take work from a fellow group of pilots who have families to feed.

Brokeback jerkoff

FlyHIToo said:

FlyHIToo said:

Well you should hide your ID and bag tags, or are you proud of being a dirtbag?

Latest resources

Back