How proud are GJ pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyHIToo said:
1st off I cannot bielive I am responding to this post....

For the record... I work at GJ and I do not hide my ID or bag tag. Nor do any of the people I with. Never have I even heard anyone try to make Gateway sound like Getway. Normally when a controller says Getaway the GJ crews put an emphases on GATEway. All you are trying to do is throw out FLAMEBAIT.

FlyHiToo and your picture...

You classless clownact... is there a moderator that can remove scum like this from the forum? You are a disgrace to yourself, your so called profession, and humanity...

Remove that picture...

UEJ500 said:
G0jet was started by TRANS STATES HOLDINGS for the purpose of getting cheap labor instead of using thier own pilots. Now, knowing that TSH started G0jet, hired people off the street to staff the airline instead of hiring F/O's and letting the TSA pilots bid on the new aircraft thru seniority, why would anyone WANT to work there?

Every single pilot at TSA was offered the ablity to go to GJ with longevity and were given super senority in their new hire class. There have been TSA pilots in every single GJ pilot class...(WITH longevity)

UEJ500 said:
The other difference is that TSH can transfer "assets" from one company to the other at ANY TIME. This means aircraft and routes, but, as the NMB has ruled, they are "seperate companies". They have the ability to shrink TSA at thier own convenience to get around organized labor. Any eagle guys care to comment on how things were before all of the small airlines were organized into what we now know as "eagle"?

I think the Eagle guys would tell you it made no difference. Because of TSA, they still transfered active aircraft to Trans States, while AE had pilots on furlough. AMR is a holding company that own AA and AE. AA has had its routes transfer to AE and furloughed AA pilots while AE hires. Same thing with DAL and ComAir.

TSA Holding owns TSA and GJ. TSA is hiring and growing. I could be worse.

Last edited:
Hey FlyHIToo, you didn't answer my question chief. Why did all of you cowards change your usernames when you got hired over there? You guys are really good at dodging the questions that you don't want to answer.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Hey FlyHIToo, you didn't answer my question chief. Why did all of you cowards change your usernames when you got hired over there? You guys are really good at dodging the questions that you don't want to answer.

I don't know that anyone did change there names. I didn't.

moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
FlyHIToo said:
I don't know that anyone did change there names. I didn't.

Riiiight. So you didn't start posting here until Oct 05 which is within a few months of the time that you went to work at GJ. Same with FuelFlow as well I'm sure. I'll believe that when me shat turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.

SkyBoy1981 said:
I'll believe that when me shat turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.
Would that improve the taste?

BoilerUP said:
No.

Regional airlines exist today in their current form because DALPA refused to fly 50 seat small jets back in the early 1990s. They were too good for the RJ, and let the commuter prop trash step up to the 'big leagues' with a tiny jet. Now mainline unions are fighting to take those planes back that they discarded over a decade ago, but they don't want anything to do with the pilots currently flying them.

However you try to explain it, the fact is that regional airlines exist to reduce the operating costs of the supporting major. Those costs include labor.

Last edited:
Throwing flamebait? Me? no! I am telling you what I heard and what I saw. If the GJ pilots are that proud of thier jobs and of thier company, then why hide it? Even when FLYI was dying, I still wore my uniform and my ID and jacket that said Independence Air. I knew we were going to tank, but stuck it out as long as I was able to.
AS for TSA, where the h*ll is your MEC and what's wrong with DM, your MEC chairman? In no certain terms should TSA ever cover open flying from GJ. And if the NBM rules it's seperate companies then there shouldn't be an issue. If GJ can't be properly staffed to cover thier own flying, then it's mgt's problem. MGT will only push around any employee group as far as the group will let them. Unfortunately, there are those in the ranks who get the Stockholm syndrome and side with mgt. Look at the CCAIR pilots, they stood up to JO and told him to shove his paycuts where the sun doesn't shine, he had to shutdown the operation because he was humiliated by them. But remember look at the size CCAIR was compared to the other regionals.

FlyHIToo,

I'm going to echo Tomcash's post. You are truly a pathetic individual and I don't even know you personally. The moderator should remove you permanently.

As a Catholic, your avatar is one of the most offensive items I've ever seen on this board. I would expect nothing more from G*J*t scum like you. Think about it. If you choose to be an idiot in your life, that's fine, but there's no need to offend an entire religion while you're at it, and don't give me any of that "free speech" cr*p.

You SHOULD know what's moral and right, but clearly your actions show otherwise. The fact that you chose to work where you do provides further proof of your poor choices, which I'm sure extend elsewhere in your life. I feel sorry for you. I think you need help!!

"Hi, my name is FlyHIToo."
Group - "Hi FlyHiToo!"

I have young relatives with interests in aviation that frequent this site. I find FlyHIToo's avatar to be inappropriate for such young viewers. He should either remove it or be removed.

And before a remark is made about my own avatar...I happen to own a dog named Weiner.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back