Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you spend of flight training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How much did you spend on flight training?

• 0-20k

Votes: 205 22.5%
  • 20-30k

Votes: 222 24.3%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 166 18.2%
  • 40-50k

Votes: 124 13.6%
  • 50-60k

Votes: 74 8.1%
  • 60-70k

Votes: 46 5.0%
  • 80-90k

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Great than 90k

Votes: 59 6.5%

• Total voters
A little over $101k at the soon to be out of business CAPT program. Can't say it was the smartest decision I've ever made considering it was a financial and career death trap. But I sure did get a useless DC-9 type rating out of it!

whats up my ninja? in response to your signature, you should be able to get a job at a regional. i know it wont help much with the student loan but its a job. i'd recommend going and flying cargo. quite a few operators still run cargo in the dc-9. pay is better flying boxes then most regionals too. usajet, ameristar to name a few

whats up my ninja? in response to your signature, you should be able to get a job at a regional. i know it wont help much with the student loan but its a job. i'd recommend going and flying cargo. quite a few operators still run cargo in the dc-9. pay is better flying boxes then most regionals too. usajet, ameristar to name a few

Thanks for the looking out! It's been so long since that DC-9, I really couldn't tell you how to start the engines on that bad boy anymore. Got my resume out to some regionals with no callbacks. I'm petty sure CAPT has me blacklisted out there. Got some resumes out there with no call backs in this "pilot shortage" market. I don't expect to get picked up but since e-mail is cheap, it doesn't hurt to throw it out there. Each no reply is just another bar story over a few good beers these days. :)

Finishing CFI this week. I paid about $5,000 for my PPL in Seattle in a shat C150. Hazelwood Act paid for my instruement, commercial and CFI and an associates degree at San Jacinto College with DCA.

My non-veteran classmates are droppin about 50-70 large for the Denny's Aviation Sampler these days. But hey, they do get the "guaranteed interview" from a company where "being owned by Delta is everyhthing"... lol.

Last edited:
DCA also recommends borrowing against your 401(k).

That's criminal - there's NOBODY on planet earth who has any financial sense that would recommend that.

Got my private in 1987 - $7hr for instructor. $25 hr for C-152. I spent around $9,000 to $10,000 to get to a flight instructor job.

Rent-a-Plane KOPF 1968 :$11 hr wet C150 $16 hr dual. Skinny CFI's !
PVT-COMM- MULTI- CFI/AI/MEI total less income as cfi $4500....ah the good old days
unemployed pilot 1970 -1976 could not even buy a job. At least a "legal one" ;)

Thanks for the looking out! It's been so long since that DC-9, I really couldn't tell you how to start the engines on that bad boy anymore. Got my resume out to some regionals with no callbacks. I'm petty sure CAPT has me blacklisted out there. Got some resumes out there with no call backs in this "pilot shortage" market. I don't expect to get picked up but since e-mail is cheap, it doesn't hurt to throw it out there. Each no reply is just another bar story over a few good beers these days. :)

Seriously, send your stuff to USA Jet or message Pilot YIP on here. I bet they would give you a fair shake. You might be amazed how that DC-9 would come back to you once you were put through 121 DC 9 training.

2002-2004: $45,000

Changed schools several times since two out of three of them were owned and operated by fraudulent jackholes, both in South Florida. Wasted a lot of money switching schools and planes but made up for it during my ME Comm/Inst. and MEI/CFII, where I completed the whole course and checkrides for $1600.

-Brett

2002-Private through CFI $25k, got a job at same place instructing December of that year.

Sheesh, I used to think I spent too much, reading this I feel a little better (not much though) :)

All my friends went to Riddle. I couldn't afford it. I Went to a small flight school in Texas and spent less than 25k in 2000. Got all my ratings through CFI.

Latest resources

Back