Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because that's what the arbitrator will look at. Not the management, not the union leader, maintenance, training centers, chief pilots, contracts, or attitude. It boils down to career expectation as the main measuring stick for recent SLIs. I expect this one to be no different. And if you really are all about "Mesaba" I fully expect you to step from the RJ to the props to stick with "Mesaba" and not come to the Pinnacle side. But somehow, I think most will just swallow it and come over. Guys like Seven who will openly badmouth Pinnacle as being a crappy, unsafe carrier, and how Mesaba is ten folds ahead and safer. Well, will you keep to your word and promptly step over to the props to stay Mesaba, or be hypocritical and come to Pinnacle with the jets. Decisions, decisions!

Decision is made. Your airline are belong to us!! Oh yeah, I said it. :) Our training center, our union leaders, and our safety culture will follow us when we bid to a jet (oh yeah, Mesaba has those too). That is my point. There are more to airlines than just airplanes. And there is more to the career expectation thing than just airplanes too. As I have said previously, I expected to fly a 900 out of MSP, DTW, or MEM with a good contract and then flow to Delta when my number was up. Seven won't be flying for classic Pinnacle. He will be flying for a company that has Mesaba stamped all over it, with a CEO we may actually like (fingers crossed)

Decision is made. Your airline are belong to us!! Oh yeah, I said it. :) Our training center, our union leaders, and our safety culture will follow us when we bid to a jet (oh yeah, Mesaba has those too). That is my point. There are more to airlines than just airplanes. And there is more to the career expectation thing than just airplanes too. As I have said previously, I expected to fly a 900 out of MSP, DTW, or MEM with a good contract and then flow to Delta when my number was up. Seven won't be flying for classic Pinnacle. He will be flying for a company that has Mesaba stamped all over it, with a CEO we may actually like (fingers crossed)
Your airline are belong to us? Your training center in MSP can stay, as will MEM. If you think the entire Pinnacle RJs can train every single 142+60 RJs at Pinnacle solely in MSP, you're living in a dream land. Pinnacle's facilities will stay too. Your union leaders? Don't hold your breath. They have to be voted in. Lets see how this ISL goes first. Your safety culture? Give it a rest. 9E's safety culture in 2011 is just as good as yours. Your career expectation was, and has to be, taken on a snapshot. I could argue that your career expectation could not have been as great as those things mentioned considering the Saabs had a lease that was expiring, with an early-out clause. And, it happened. Instantly, that changes the overall picture. Also, as Eagle guys will tell you, don't expect a "flowup" to ever get you to mainline. And remember, a flowthrough is not for your benefit as a regional pilot, it is a benefit for mainline. Compass's flowthrough has ended for any pilot hired there after Summer 2010. The ones before will flow. But even after the flows are done, Delta continues to have a flow back option, to all but 10% of the list. Yeah, again, mainline's advantage, not Compass.

This whole thing is stupid! As long as I stay a CA I could care less. Bloch can take until next Christmas who cares. Let's get some interesting posts please.

Your airline are belong to us? Your training center in MSP can stay, as will MEM. If you think the entire Pinnacle RJs can train every single 142+60 RJs at Pinnacle solely in MSP, you're living in a dream land. Pinnacle's facilities will stay too. Your union leaders? Don't hold your breath. They have to be voted in. Lets see how this ISL goes first. Your safety culture? Give it a rest. 9E's safety culture in 2011 is just as good as yours. Your career expectation was, and has to be, taken on a snapshot. I could argue that your career expectation could not have been as great as those things mentioned considering the Saabs had a lease that was expiring, with an early-out clause. And, it happened. Instantly, that changes the overall picture. Also, as Eagle guys will tell you, don't expect a "flowup" to ever get you to mainline. And remember, a flowthrough is not for your benefit as a regional pilot, it is a benefit for mainline. Compass's flowthrough has ended for any pilot hired there after Summer 2010. The ones before will flow. But even after the flows are done, Delta continues to have a flow back option, to all but 10% of the list. Yeah, again, mainline's advantage, not Compass.

Congrats on the one year of good safety. Let's string a few of those together. As you know, our flow was set up completely different from Compass's. Delta would have to hire for a combined 5 years for me to flow. That is well within my age bracket to go there unless something drastic were to happen (which is possible). Can you honestly tell me you wouldn't have liked to been on our flow list? I couldn't imagine your union leaders being voted in with the crap that has been pulled there since your contract negotiations started, and the crap that has been going on this past week with seniority lists.

Yea lets not get into a pissing match about one year of half way decent safty record for 2011 its going to be a losing battle. Flyer, when you and 9E can go 60+ years without a pilot acutally crashing or totaling an aircraft then you can boast about your saftey but until then zippit. Everyone on all three sides need to chill out, all this infighting is going to do, is make some people pissed off. There is nothing that anyone can due about the SLI. My airline is better then your airline needs to stop once in for all. Guy's we are all in this turd sandwich together now, so suck it up act professonal we as a pilot group have bigger fish to fry then fight each other. Examples XJ's getting saabs parked from the delta system. 9E has CRJ 200 that delta doesn't want anymore, granted 9E has a contract through 2017. Now we can ask Mesa how well Delta honors contracts. This is extremely bias but I am a XJ' er that doesnt want to go to 9E because I love the culture at XJ, but I really can't wait to start flying with 9E crews to start integrating our two company cultures. I really hope I dont end up a lifer at 9E, but while I am here I going to try my hardest to make this new company the best fricking regional to work at while I am here. Guys its time to move 9E XJ/9L to the number 1 regional spot on all performance numbers tracked buy Delta, USA and United. If we do that, then we deserve more aircraft so people can move up and move on. So with my last thought, save the fight for skywest, mesa, asa, psa, pedmont, Express, Compass because if we dont we will lose aircraft.

And for all the jackwaggons on here about spelling and run on sentences fragment. go ahead and pick this thing apart and make fun of me I truly dont care. I just hope ya'll can understand what i am trying to get across.

Are airlines made up completely of airplanes? Or are they made of management, union leaders, maintanence, training centers, chief pilots, contracts, and overall pilot attitude? Every single argument you make comes down to "you are losing the Saabs and that's all that matters". What's up with that?

Management - What former Mesaba flight ops managers are going to be at PCL other than this DV guy?

Union leaders - Its unlikely that Mesaba will retain any reps in the combined MEC except for the MSP Council. 2 out of 14 of the voting reps is not exactly a strong influence.

Training centers - Who cares what building training is being done in (both training centers will remain in full swing by the way)? Answer this.....why was PCLs training program and procedures chosen for the CRJ fleet if Mesaba's was superior?

Chief Pilots - All of the Domicile Chief Pilots for the new PCL will be from the old PCL.

Contracts - The JCBA barely even resembles the old Mesaba contract. Why do you guys keep claiming that we are all working under your old contract?

It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"

So you still care a little?

Enlighten us. What other unresolved discrepancies still exist?
I know that the Monday evening list saw 5 more DOHs move, had a terminated person listed, and a current employee completely vanish. I'm sure those got fixed, but I'm interested to hear the accuracy of the new list.

Latest resources

Back