Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How lemons can be turned into lemonade...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I understand it, the old 717 configuration accommodated 88 passengers. The first 2 E190's will be configured for 94 seats. Both airplanes have the potential to seat more, and the 717 can seat more than the E190 with max density seating. The A318 is pretty much on par with the 717 in terms of max capacity, and the E195 (which has not been ordered) could be right up there with the other two airframes. In all, it is a wash, with a slight advantage going to the 717 and A318.

I know you're trying to play nice on here...but, what a moronic thought. Your bird brain wages are partly why this career is in it's epidemic sickly shape as may fly 100 seat aircraft, but virtually you fly a 35 seat passenger airplanes Mr. Shiny Jet Syndrome rep. It's like if Delta merged with Skybus when they were still around and they demanded the same seniority as NWA because they also flew A320s. Republic is the modern day Skybus fluff.

Ok, and how exactly did I express a moronic thought in stating the approximate seat capacities of three aircraft types?

Last edited:
Last I heard the A318s don't fit into the F9 route structure as well as the 319 and 320. Isn't this why F9 is and has been trading in 318s for 320s??

johnsonrod,

I would rather be unemployed, then work for another commuter again.

BURN THE PLACE DOWN!, Before we totally RUIN our industry. Besides, without Frontier and Midwest operating, the other BIG airlines can raise ticket prices and get the INDUSTRY right sized.

CYA

Really? The industry began it's downfall before you were out of grade school. "Deregulation"
Raise prices....with SWA in the mix that will never happen so why aren't you pissed off at them also?

The blurring has already begun. YX/F9 codeshare.

http://www.thedeal.com/corporatedealmaker/2009/06/memo_midwest_and_frontier_to_c.php

According to an internal memo to Midwest employees obtained Thursday, Frontier and Midwest will soon launch a codeshare designed to offer customers of each airline more destinations. The deal would allow Midwest to offer connections from Denver to destinations such as Aspen, Colo., Colorado Springs, Colo., and Boise, Idaho, while Frontier could offer one-stop service to markets like Cleveland, Nashville and Philadelphia through Midwest's Milwaukee hub.

Midwest said:
To: All Midwest and Skyway Employees
Date: June 25, 2009

We're happy to share the news that Midwest Airlines will soon launch a codeshare program with Frontier Airlines.

This is good news for travelers and for our airline. Customers of both airlines will benefit from a wider choice of travel destinations, and additional flight options and connection possibilities, as well as the ability to book their entire flight on a single ticket. In addition to expanding our network, Midwest adds yet another marketing partner with the new codeshare -- making it a win-win situation.

Under the codeshare, Midwest's YX code will be placed on Frontier flights in select markets, allowing our customers to connect in Denver to Frontier destinations including Aspen and Colorado Springs, Colo.; Boise, Idaho; Billings and Bozeman, Mont.; Rapid City, S.D; and other destinations in the Rocky Mountain region.

Similarly, Frontier's F9 code will be placed on Midwest flights in select markets, providing Frontier customers the ability to connect in Milwaukee to the Ohio Valley and East Coast -- including Cleveland, Dayton, Ft. Myers, Indianapolis, Nashville, New York La Guardia, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa and Washington, D.C.

Travelers can purchase tickets and fly on the codeshare routes beginning August 30. Additional codeshare cities will be added following the initial launch.

In addition to the codeshare, this new marketing relationship between Midwest and Frontier will include a reciprocal frequent flyer agreement, allowing members of the Midwest Miles and Frontier Early Returns programs to earn and redeem miles on either airline. We plan to roll that out in the third quarter of this year.

I don't know that a case can be made for any of the MidEx pilots joining the RAH group. MidEx was furloughing as a result of their own 717's and MD-80's being returned and replaced by Republic planes being flow by RAH pilots on an RAH certificate. The YX certificate is going to cease to exist when the last of the 717's are returned, is that essentially correct?

RAH is buying the brand/gates/slots and maybe some buildings, right? They are not acquiring any airframes. So we're not talking about an airline merger here.

I don't know...I just don't see how 400+ MidEx pilots have much of a fight against 2000+ Teamster pilots that are going to want to hold on to what they have....

In any event, if I were a RAH Teamster pilot, I wouldn't think of doing any talking till my own furloughed were returned.

If I were a MidEx pilot still on property, I'd guess I'd be pretty bummed I didn't demand better scope language to mitigate the chances of my job getting OUTSOURCED!

Ultra--

Last edited:
"Under the codeshare, Midwest's YX code will be placed on Frontier flights in select markets, allowing our customers to connect in Denver to Frontier destinations including Aspen and Colorado Springs, Colo.; Boise, Idaho; Billings and Bozeman, Mont.; Rapid City, S.D; and other destinations in the Rocky Mountain region.

Similarly, Frontier's F9 code will be placed on Midwest flights in select markets, providing Frontier customers the ability to connect in Milwaukee to the Ohio Valley and East Coast -- including Cleveland, Dayton, Ft. Myers, Indianapolis, Nashville, New York La Guardia, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa and Washington, D.C."

I get the first part...however i do not get the second. Why would i want to make a one stop flight through MKE when i can fly direct from DEN to DAY, IND, BNA, LGA MCO, PHL, TPA and DCA? Am i missing something here?

For all the seat capacity people...the 318 seats 120 in its current configuration, i believe it can hold a max of 132(?), if i remember the max total capacity from Airbus(i could be off a few seats on that one). Also, as someone already stated, we are tradin the 318's in for 320's...we don't like them and the 320 fits better into our plans...well, i guess we'll have to see how they fit into our "future" plans now.

Starchkr, i was thinking the same thing, why codeshare with midex when we already fly to most of those destinations?

I know you're trying to play nice on here...but, what a moronic thought. Your bird brain wages are partly why this career is in it's epidemic sickly shape as may fly 100 seat aircraft, but virtually you fly a 35 seat passenger airplanes Mr. Shiny Jet Syndrome rep. It's like if Delta merged with Skybus when they were still around and they demanded the same seniority as NWA because they also flew A320s. Chataqua is the next Skybus fluffs.

Aside from the insults in this post, I agree with the sentiment. RAH wages are horrible, particularly the FO rates on the 190/195. There simply is no comparison with F9, where each pilot has earned the right to an Airbus slot and better pay. It's as if one day Mesa could afford to buy UAL due to some wierdness in the stock market, and then every pilot at Mesa thought they were owed a Captain seat flying a 777. Give me a break.

If I were an RAH pilot, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that all of a sudden I have a future job flying an Airbus--without having to go interview for it, and pay my dues like everyone at Frontier did (Midwest, too).

Even if RAH pilots are stapled to the bottom of the F9 and Midwest lists, that's a HUGE gain for every pilot at RAH. Trying to go for a merged list is nothing more than being greedy and trying to get a windfall.

Starchkr, i was thinking the same thing, why codeshare with midex when we already fly to most of those destinations?

Think about it guys.

Now with the code share they dont need relief on scope.

The codeshare with Midwest (owned by Republic) will provide Frontier (owned by Republic, also) with essential SLAVE LABOR E190 feed.

Do you see how clever they (BB and team) are?

CYA

Latest resources

Back