Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How lemons can be turned into lemonade...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just want to know when i can use the phrase "Republic, Frontier colors" just like NWA has to do...I almost used it today on pushback from DEN but decided it may still be too early.:p

I would not be surprised that Bedford and Hoeksema cooked the privately held Midwest books to show the massive $450 million loss last year to be used to whipsaw Republic in their contract negotiations. He can now simply point out to you that our pay rates, work rules, etc. caused this loss to happen and he "needs" your rates, or a small increase, in order to maintain "cost effectiveness".

It was actually $477 million, wasn't it? Which illustrates the point that if the Midex pilots had workrd the ENTIRE year for FREE the loss would have been $450 million.

If we are actually going to work together, I suggest that the Midex negotiating team be utilized for pay and work rules and the RAH team handle scope.

How 'bout seniority based on hire date at your first Part 121 carrier? Sort of a national seniority list concept applied retroactively.

I'm obviously biased, but straight relative seniority would cost me 8 years of upward mobility and would, conversely, be a big bonus to an RAH FO who's 35% from the top of the RAH FO list.

I had a little over 4000 hours and a type rating when I was hired at Frontier and have just shy of 9000 hours now. How does this compare to a 35% (from the top) FO at RAH?

Again, from my biased perspective, I'd like to see a fence to protect those currently on the property or furloughed. I can't bump EMB guys and EMB guys can't bump me. Any new hires from integration date forward go on the bottom of the master list and work their way up through the ranks.

'Course I'm well aware that the folks making these decisions have ignored my suggestions in the past and haven't asked my opinion in the current instance. :) In the end, we'll all take what is shoved down our throats and our only recourse will be a change of career.

I realize it's FI tradition to be argumentative and inflamatory, but please take my posts in the spirit intended. I don't claim to have the answers. I'm just hoping an exchange of perspectives will help us all cope with the screwing we're about to receive! [Now who's being polyanic?]

If you merge into one carrier, then it will probably be relative seniority, but with exceptions for aircraft type. Nicelau gave the top 500 USAir East pilots the top spots because they flew INTL widebodies and America West didn't have any. Since Frontier and Midwest have larger planes NOW (larger than the E190s coming), then they would probably be placed at the top (using Nicelau's theory), and then the rest merged in below. We had the same deal here at Delta, except we both had large INTL widebodies. (we just had more of them at Delta-South). Good luck and get some fun arbitration while you are at it, and don't cry like babies if you don't like what you get like the Easties at USAir. Also, get a new contract (a joint contract) BEFORE you do arbitration, which is another thing USAir forgot to do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
If you merge into one carrier, then it will probably be relative seniority, but with exceptions for aircraft type. Nicelau gave the top 500 USAir East pilots the top spots because they flew INTL widebodies and America West didn't have any. Since Frontier and Midwest have larger planes NOW (larger than the E190s coming), then they would probably be placed at the top (using Nicelau's theory), and then the rest merged in below. We had the same deal here at Delta, except we both had large INTL widebodies. (we just had more of them at Delta-South). Good luck and get some fun arbitration while you are at it, and don't cry like babies if you don't like what you get like the Easties at USAir. Also, get a new contract (a joint contract) BEFORE you do arbitration, which is another thing USAir forgot to do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

But Northwest's are bigger than yours! And your not allowed to fly them! An inferior pilot group flying jets bigger than the superior pilot group is allowed to. What is this world coming to?:eek:

How much "larger" is the 717 than the 190? Those slots went to the widebodies, how many widebodies do you guys operate?

What about the 717 with the old seating arrangement (2X2)? How many more seats on that than the typical E190 or even the A318 at Frontier? How many seats on a current RAH/Midwest E170?

What about the 717 with the old seating arrangement (2X2)? How many more seats on that than the typical E190 or even the A318 at Frontier? How many seats on a current RAH/Midwest E170?

johnsonrod,

I would rather be unemployed, then work for another commuter again.

BURN THE PLACE DOWN!, Before we totally RUIN our industry. Besides, without Frontier and Midwest operating, the other BIG airlines can raise ticket prices and get the INDUSTRY right sized.

CYA

As I understand it, the old 717 configuration accommodated 88 passengers. The first 2 E190's will be configured for 94 seats. Both airplanes have the potential to seat more, and the 717 can seat more than the E190 with max density seating. The A318 is pretty much on par with the 717 in terms of max capacity, and the E195 (which has not been ordered) could be right up there with the other two airframes. In all, it is a wash, with a slight advantage going to the 717 and A318.

As I understand it, the old 717 configuration accommodated 88 passengers. The first 2 E190's will be configured for 94 seats. Both airplanes have the potential to seat more, and the 717 can seat more than the E190 with max density seating. The A318 is pretty much on par with the 717 in terms of max capacity, and the E195 (which has not been ordered) could be right up there with the other two airframes. In all, it is a wash, with a slight advantage going to the 717 and A318.

I know you're trying to play nice on here...but, what a moronic thought. Your bird brain wages are partly why this career is in it's epidemic sickly shape as may fly 100 seat aircraft, but virtually you fly a 35 seat passenger airplanes Mr. Shiny Jet Syndrome rep. It's like if Delta merged with Skybus when they were still around and they demanded the same seniority as NWA because they also flew A320s. Chataqua is the next Skybus fluffs.

Latest resources

Back