Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How lemons can be turned into lemonade...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you really wanted to "work on something fair for all" and do something proper for the profession and your own dignity, you'd gladly place yourself below all the pilots on the F9 and Midwest seniority lists. They weren't flying EMB 190s around for 30-something an hour.

One of the smarter posts on this thread.

From an outsider's perspective; At least establish fences to protect pay, bennies and work rules for Frontier and Midwest so that they'll never be eroded. After that, who cares about equipment? If I knew my company was going in the pooper, I'd be okay as an RAH ERJ FO on Frontier A320 Captain pay. If starry eyed junior RAH pilots care about the size of the plane, let the SJS'ers have what they want.

Why would I do that? My hard work may have purchased you. Now lets just end this before some feelings get hurt. As far as my dignity it is still intact.

Unless you're Nostradamus, your hard work didn't have anything to do with the purchase. You could have easily worked just as hard or harder and been at say, ATA, and it wouldn't have done jack.

Now, your quote above is funny when one considers your quote below;

Some of those/us REGIONAL pilots are some the best and highly educated aviators, businessmen, and entrepreneurs. Many of us are more accomplished than you think. You are only where you are because of timing and a interview. Nothing more and nothing less. So to think you are more accomplished or better because of the A/C you fly would be and is a big mistake. We are all worker bees in the hive.

BTW; The corrections in red would likely meet the standards of those that claim to be highly educated.

Unless you're Nostradamus, your hard work didn't have anything to do with the purchase. You could have easily worked just as hard or harder and been at say, ATA, and it wouldn't have done jack.

Now, your quote above is funny when one considers your quote below;

BTW; The corrections in red would likely meet the standards of those that claim to be highly educated.

You are absolutely right. We can say the exact same for any pilot group at any level can't we? Yeah, and I have the same license and ratings as you. I guess you don't have to be too smart with spelling and grammar. Maybe you could have been a teacher. I have never been afraid of the red ink. Next time I post, I'll have you proof read it for me.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. We can say the exact same for any pilot group at any level can't we? Yeah, and I have the same license and ratings as you. I guess you don't have to be too smart with spelling and grammar. Maybe you could have been a teacher. I have never been afraid of the red ink. Next time I post, I'll have you proof read it for me.

You might have missed my main point. My main disagreement with your post involved your self-contradiction.

The grammar/spelling corrections were secondary. I pointed them out only to counter your smugness about being highly educated.

Last edited:
Seniority integration into one voting list is paramount for both parties. Negotiate bidding fences to deal with financial and schedule issues. Its all about Money and Schedule. Pride hasn't paid any of my bills nor given me Christmas off yet.

Good Luck guys. We're all watching.

Think about it guys.

Now with the code share they dont need relief on scope.

The codeshare with Midwest (owned by Republic) will provide Frontier (owned by Republic, also) with essential SLAVE LABOR E190 feed.

Do you see how clever they (BB and team) are?

CYA

Thank you! Finally someone can see what I am talking about. This is why we need to intergrate. Do you think BB is going to want to keep F9 guys around making the money that they do? NO... If we don't all band together and demand what is right in fair in a single contract, who do you think is going to lose? Not RAH because we already get paid like crap. It will be the F9 guys/gals.
I really feel for you guys... but remember RAH is going to be leaving the regional feed... Just remember how USAir started... As a bunch of regionals.
BB is changing the industry again, he is setting it up for consolidation and we just have to watch our backs.

BB isn't changing the industry. Its us allowing people like him to change it.

You are right! BTW what are you guys doing about your mgt? Get any news on new airplanes yet?

BB is not a dumb manager... He knows what he is doing. He is going to purchase F9 as to strip them of their assests so he can recoupe all of his losses and recover all the loans. He will sell gate space, routes and aircraft. If paying 108 million means he can make 500 million or more he will. This is why he does not want to intergrate the F9 people. Introducing Lorenzo Jr.

Is This Airline Worth Buying Now?

By Tim Beyers
June 25, 2009 | Comments (2)
Recs

vs_track.gif
vs_track.gif
Motley Fool Stock Advisor

Since 2002, David and Tom Gardner have returned 31.80% while the S&P 500 returned -9.64%. Try Stock Advisor free for 30 days.

vs_track.gif
Republic Airways (Nasdaq: RJET) is a survivor, one of the very few in the business of regional air travel now that it is buying Midwest Airlines and bidding for bankrupt Frontier Airlines, based in Denver.
Republic isn't your run-of-the-mill airline. Much of its business comes from other carriers. Midwest has been a customer -- Republic flew routes for the beleaguered carrier as AirTran upped its presence in Midwest's Milwaukee hub, The Associated Press reports.
Other carriers to employ Republic's jets for regional flights include AMR's (NYSE: AMR) American, US Airways (NYSE: LCC), UAL's (Nasdaq: UAUA) United, Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL), and Delta (NYSE: DAL). But now Republic wants a bigger piece of the action, and this week it bid $108.8 million for Frontier.
This shouldn't really come as a surprise. According to its most recent 10-Q quarterly filing with the SEC, Republic supplied $40 million in debtor-in-possession financing in April to preserve a $150 million legal claim it has against Frontier.
Under a new deal, Frontier would continue operations as a Republic subsidiary. And that raises serious questions -- principally, would United, which in the first quarter was Republic's second-largest source of regional service revenue, stand for having to compete with its partner? (Both United and Frontier have significant operations in Denver.) I have my doubts.
Perhaps this is just an investment, like the $35 million term loan Republic funded for US Airways that's due to be repaid sometime next year. If so, the micro-carrier could be hoping to recoup its legal claim as Frontier's owner and then sell the remaining assets and operations to a legacy carrier interested in its routes. United would be a possibility, as would Southwest (NYSE: LUV).
Regardless of the outcome, one thing is clear: Legacy carriers, beat up and broke though they may be, still need to offer regional service to smaller cities, and an acquisitive Republic is quickly becoming the dominant supplier.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back