How busy is your local GA airport?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SDF2BUF2MCO said:
According to stats published in ATW magazine, it is SFB (Sanford) just north of Orlando. I don't have the numbers in front of me but the last two years they have been ranked around number 25 in regards to aircraft movements. It is interesting to read through the list and see the usual airports, ORD, ATL, DFW, etc. then there's SFB in the mix.

....and according to AirNav, they have only 374 operations/day. The airport I flew out of as a CFI is listed on AirNav as having 519 operations/day, yet isn't on the "big list".

I point this out only as a way to prove that perhaps AirNav isn't exactly correct...

minitour said:
There's a FBO down the ramp that has some pretty pimped out 172s from what I hear...

-mini

Does "pimped out" mean that the doors match the fuselage?? I'm not too sure there is such a thing as a pimped out 172. I do remember flying with Jerry the owner (back when he was the temporary CP) and upon landing the whole top of the panel fell off. Good times out there in OUN, a couple of guys in my group never left. Those college girls still makes me miss the place :)

BankAccount=0$ said:
Does "pimped out" mean that the doors match the fuselage?? I'm not too sure there is such a thing as a pimped out 172. I do remember flying with Jerry the owner (back when he was the temporary CP) and upon landing the whole top of the panel fell off. Good times out there in OUN, a couple of guys in my group never left. Those college girls still makes me miss the place :)

The duchess is the biggest POS we've got....last I heard there were 9 inop stickers and the instructor can stick his hand through the top of the door when its shut.

I think Jerry's got a 421 now...it just sits there on the ramp and from time to time it'll be gone...

Good stuff out here...if they ever get you in the plane...

So much for a 12 week course :rolleyes: hell...so much for a 4-5 month course :rolleyes:

-mini

*edit*
Pimped out to me is an autopilot and IFR approved GPS...not that I like GPS approaches, but for enroute usage...yum!

Of course the problem was an easy fix. It was my fault. I had the mixture at full rich and you don't want that when its 20 degrees (F) out...you lean for taxi and takeoff...my bad

uhm..... mini.

The hoter the air gets, the more you lean it out - not so when it gets cold.

As it gets colder & air density increases, you enrich the mixture.

I usually always lean my mixture before take off since it will always give better takeoff performance. During the colder days (read, low density altitude), i don't lean out much, but during the hot summer days when density altitude reaches 5000 ft here in tulsa, it often appeared that my mixture control was half way out for best performance.

mattpilot said:
uhm..... mini.

The hoter the air gets, the more you lean it out - not so when it gets cold.

As it gets colder & air density increases, you enrich the mixture.

I know...I tried telling the mechanic (and instructor) that, but no...it was my fault...I was being facetious :D

-mini

3T5

Aircraft based on the field: 26
Single engine airplanes: 18
Multi engine airplanes: 7
Jet airplanes: 1

Aircraft operations: avg 21/day
67% local general aviation
33% transient general aviation

Just the way I like it!!! :D

You didn't think I'd hang around the zoo where I work did ya?

I got a good one

Try (KEMP) Eastport, ME which happens to be the Eastern most airport in the USA.
Airport Operational Statistics

Aircraft based on the field: 5Single engine airplanes: 4Multi engine airplanes: 1
1dot.gif
Aircraft operations: avg 25/day44% local general aviation33% air taxi22% transient general aviation
It's a beautiful airport but not a whole lot happens there.

garf12 said:
I have landed at DFW in a 172 when I was a student pilot with my CFI. (long story)

oh paaahleeezedo tell....did they give you a progressive to the base of the tower only to find 2 faa guys at the bottom?? please do tell im intrested as to knowing why you would go there when theres tons of others all around that would be glad to take ya..ADS, DAL maybe??

Latest resources

Back