Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
I fly out of KRVS in Tulsa, OK. It has an average of 820 ops a day. Last week (i think thurs) after 2 weeks of bad weather, we had a record of 1913 ops for one 24 hour period.

Amazing, no ? :) I was flying that day too, but it didn't seem any busier than usual.

So.. how about your local GA airport? WHo's got the busiest, who's got the slowest?

who's got the slowest?

I do. KAVO (Avon Park, FL)

According to AirNav:

Aircraft based on the field: 61
Single engine airplanes: 50
Multi engine airplanes: 8
Jet airplanes: 1
Helicopters: 2
Aircraft operations: avg 89/day
53% transient general aviation
47% local general aviation

JB74 said:
I do. KAVO (Avon Park, FL)

According to AirNav:

Aircraft based on the field: 61
Single engine airplanes: 50
Multi engine airplanes: 8
Jet airplanes: 1
Helicopters: 2
Aircraft operations: avg 89/day
53% transient general aviation
47% local general aviation
Got ya beat for slowest, 5R2 (Ocean Springs, MS)
Airport Operational Statistics

Aircraft based on the field:
31 Single engine airplanes
28 Multi engine airplanes
2 Ultralights: 1
Aircraft operations: avg 48/day
89% local general aviation
11% transient general aviation<1% military

I can do better than either of those. It's not exactly local (few hours away, glider club is there) but I99, Alexandria Airport.

Aircraft operations: avg 94/week
Aircraft based on the field: 8
Single engine airplanes: 7
Multi engine airplanes: 1
74% local general aviation
24% transient general aviation
2% air taxi

I'm not sure that there are that many powered aircraft there any more. Had the count been more recent (so as to include glider ops) I think the number of ops would be a bit higher. Anybody live near the super-rural-way-out-in-the-middle-of-no-where STOLport?

isn't every airport technically a GA airport? I mean...aside from that one in Washington's ADIZ (which one is it, again?)...I'd say the busiest is either ORD, LAX or DFW...slowest...some farmer's grass strip somewhere...

-mini

PVG

Airport Operational Statistics
Aircraft based on the field: 146
Single engine airplanes: 131
Multi engine airplanes: 14
Helicopters: 1
Aircraft operations: avg 202/day
85% transient general aviation
12% local general aviation
3% air taxi
<1% military

MINI, I wouldn't call ORD a GA airport (there you go again flightinfo biaatch:). Also most military airstrips don't like those "little birds" requesting to land. Think at Navsta Norfolk it's a 30/day request from the base skipper.

A CFI at the school, said his United captain buddy had an emergency in a 172 and requested to land at Fentress (back when it was open). They denied his request. So he declared an emergency and informed the tower that his 172 WAS landing. They made him haul it off the base VIA pickup truck and trailer.

qmaster3 said:
MINI, I wouldn't call ORD a GA airport (there you go again flightinfo biaatch:). Also most military airstrips don't like those "little birds" requesting to land.

hahah well I'll agree with you on the military strips, but I've always thought that a GA airport is any airport that General Aviation is "allowed" to use (I hate thinking that we're "allowed" to use them like it's some special privilege, but there it is...). Is it ORD that you have to have a "reservation" to fly in there as a GA pilot?

hmmm...if you need a "reservation"...and you were operating for compensation or hire...does that make you a "scheduled" carrier? :confused: (now there I go again flightinfo biotching :D)

-mini

No it's military.

Not for sure mini. I don't think GA planes are allowed into ORD.. I could be wrong.

qmaster3 said:
No it's military.

Not for sure mini. I don't think GA planes are allowed into ORD.. I could be wrong.

What's military?

I'll have to look into the ORD thing...I thought I read something about it a while back...could be wrong though.

On a side note:
Have heard several times from instructors here that the DFW Class-B controllers haven't been the most accomodating at letting them in unless they were going to an airport where they had to get in the class B...make them fly all the way around...that's gotta suck...

-mini

Latest resources

Back