• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How busy is your local GA airport?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i'm not asking what the busiest airport is.... i'm asking how busy is YOUR airport.

mini - stop biatching ;) and tell us your airports stats.. ;)

Military you have to have the base skippers blessing to land.

I think there are a few Class B airports that don't do the GA accommodations. Logan also comes to mind. Maybe a pro will let us know. When they try to make you go around. Kill the transponder and fly 75/ft agl. TRICKS EM EVERYTIME..

Sorry about the HJ matt....MINI MADE ME

Walla Walla, WA ... somewhere around 100 operations on the average day. Level 4 VFR contract tower, and every year or two they threaten to shut it down. Sigh.

There is no airport, other than the ADIZ one's in DC, that prohibits GA aircraft. They can't, legally. What they can do is charge an insane high fee for you to land. I think if you were to go to ORD, they'd charge your little 172 $50 "handling fee". DFW is like $20 for a single prop. Oh, and lets not mention 100LL price.

By doing this they are basically telling you to stay the fook away :).

There is a difference between a GA airport, and a Airline airport though. I got no official definition, but my own would be if the majority of airtraffic is airline traffic (read, more than 50%), then it should be considered an airline airport.

Example... TUL has about 400 ops a day, but most are airline, so i'd consider this an airline airport. RVS, some 10 miles away would be a GA reliever airport for TUL.

wxman13 said:
Walla Walla, WA ... somewhere around 100 operations on the average day. Level 4 VFR contract tower, and every year or two they threaten to shut it down. Sigh.

KRVS is a level 8 VFR tower. Even though they get a lot of traffic, they aren't complaining because the pay is quite good :D. This airports' VFR tower is considered to be a career tower by the ATCO's.. :)

mattpilot said:
i'm not asking what the busiest airport is.... i'm asking how busy is YOUR airport.

mini - stop biatching ;) and tell us your airports stats.. ;)

decently busy...the airspace in general is swamped all the time, but the airport is relatively busy.

KOUN
311 ops a day 135 a/c on the field 2 jets 4 military...

Another neat side note:

Got "up close n personal" with a B-52 the other day. They were on vectors for an ILS into TIK and we got a call "Cessna xxx be advised crossing off your left 500 feet below you will be a B52, report him in sight and maintain persent altitude for a few more miles."

HUGE plane...didn't even look like it was moving...beautiful thing...

Anyway...

-mini

As quoted on Airnav. I've never see Cessna's on final when I fly there!

100LL $4.28 OUCH

"From XXXXXXX on 06-Feb-2005
Recently flew into O'Hare in a Cessna 182. Signature, believe it or not, was extremely helpful and friendly. You no longer have to go through security to get onto the ramp, however, if you go out the front door be prepared to empty your pockets on the way in. Line service personnel were friendly, and actually happy to see a single engine airplane. For all of you single engine corporate pilots out there, do not fear O'Hare! Controllers are the best and they are extremely helpful!"

Last edited:
mattpilot said:
There is no airport, other than the ADIZ one's in DC, that prohibits GA aircraft. They can't, legally....There is a difference between a GA airport, and a Airline airport though. I got no official definition, but my own would be if the majority of airtraffic is airline traffic (read, more than 50%), then it should be considered an airline airport.

You sure? I thought Reagan was restricted to airline ops now because of it's location wrt the white house, etc...could be wrong though.

Difference of opinion on the definition of a GA airport, I guess. I say if GA can get it, it's a GA airport...if not, then its not...

Airline traffic is just GA traffic only...not so General :p...

-mini

good crew too in the rvs cab.......
i dont know how they keep their cool with all those flight schools there
especially them chineese kids at spartonia

hey mini

next time you have to do a XC, go down to dallas and see if they will take you in at DFW and then let me know if all airports are GA

Latest resources

Back