How busy is your local GA airport?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KLXV

Airnav reports 11 planes based there and 27 ops a day. I only count 7 planes based there, including one AT-6 that is melting into the tarmac:( I kinda doubt the 27 ops, too. The coffee is always fresh and hot, though!

KAFluvs2fly said:
hey mini

next time you have to do a XC, go down to dallas and see if they will take you in at DFW and then let me know if all airports are GA

I'll tell you what...

I'll bet you the landing fee they do. Sound fair?

-mini

*edit*
Not trying to be an ass...I'm very serious. I'll take the trip...hell, I'll even take someone with me to verify it. If I get in, you pay the landing fee. If not, I pay you the landing fee. Just let me know.

Last edited:
minitour said:
On a side note:
Have heard several times from instructors here that the DFW Class-B controllers haven't been the most accomodating at letting them in unless they were going to an airport where they had to get in the class B...make them fly all the way around...that's gotta suck...

-mini

I don't know how is it right now, but back in 1998 I got my PPL ticket at FTW (some 15 miles west of DFW). After I got the license I made two flights to Dallas downtown at night. The controllers where really nice with us and let us cross DFW at midfield at 4,500, west to east. For a young pilot like me it was/is amazing, all those 2 miles runways, lights and the line of a/c on final...
As a matter of fact, we flew at midfield twice per flight: FTW to downtown and back :D

Kpdk

My airport:

Aircraft based on the field: 593
Aircraft operations: avg 639/day

By the way, I landed my Arrow at DCA about 12 years ago and the landing fee was only $4.00. Not too bad. The only issue was the ground controller trying to make me get right on the tail of 727 when taxing out for takeoff. No thanks!

42A

Airport Operational Statistics
Aircraft based on the field: 16
Single engine airplanes: 14
Multi engine airplanes: 1
Ultralights: 1

Aircraft operations: avg 96/week
80% local general aviation
20% transient general aviation
<1% military

Fuel Prices

100LL
$2.50

That lone twin is my ride. :D

GAI, Montgomery County Maryland

Aircraft based on the field:

238Single engine airplanes: 200Multi engine airplanes: 35Jet airplanes: 2Helicopters: 1Aircraft operations: avg 287/day57% local general aviation35% transient general aviation8% air taxi

GAI got hammered after 9/11
with all the ADIZ hassles.... was even shut down for all VFR for awhile..... not sure how recent this data is, but 287/day seems way high even now.

I'm 99% sure that GA ops at DCA are prohibited.

A little trivia

Can anyone guess the busiest Class D airport in the US (as far as aircraft movements)? It is ranked 25th in the world as far as number of movements.

PTK?

curious.. do you have a link to the list of rankings?

**edit.. wait.. can't be PTK.. it has less than RVS

Latest resources

Back